Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

One article I read said she will use the 'Patsy' name as her showbiz name and Trish will be what her friends call her basically. I'm actually looking forward to it now.

Astonishing Member

Color me excited at the announcement.

I've loved almost every appearance that Patsy has made in the MU in the past few years. Things are always more entertaining when she's around, so I'm hoping that the writers can use her to lighten things up in the show.

I do hope that she gets to suit up for the Defenders mini-series.

^ seconded. I thought that this morning, "I wonder if she'll be the fifth Defender..."
    I surrender to the Contest

Two facepalm worthy news articles.

1) Marvel brings Hellcat, one of the most unusual heroes, to the MCU!

So, Rocket Raccoon and Groot are normal?

2) Is MCU getting too cluttered with heroes?

Said a guy who didn't know who Hellcat was. Seriously, they are fine when it's characters they like, but one they don't know and it's "WOAH WOAH WOAH! NOW THIS IS A MESS!"

there should be Marvel's answer to the Archie comics. A teen cartoon that has nothing to do with superheroes.

I'm just too excited to dwell on anybody's negativity toward Patsy being in the series. Even though I agree it doesn't seem like she'll put on the catsuit right away it will great to see the potential build-up to it and hopefully Racheal knocks it out of the park. I wonder if she'll be dying her hair red.

Digging this "hipster-ish" redesign of Patsy posted by artist Valerio Schiti. Very much in line with the street wear vibe of recent Spider-Woman and Batgirl revamps, though a schiti posted it a year ago.
    http://valerioschiti.tumblr.com/post...patsy-redesign
    image.jpg

(edit to add my recoloring/editing of the Batgirl of Burnside outfit to make it suitable for Hellcat)
    hipster hellcat.jpg
    Last edited by Thirteen; 02-12-2015 at 12:48 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I'm just too excited to dwell on anybody's negativity toward Patsy being in the series. Even though I agree it doesn't seem like she'll put on the catsuit right away it will great to see the potential build-up to it and hopefully Racheal knocks it out of the park. I wonder if she'll be dying her hair red.
    Apparently, the first picture of her on set she's still a blonde.

I'm hoping there's at least some reference to her being a redhead though.
    Last edited by Ceebiro; 02-12-2015 at 01:34 PM.

There should be another Patsy series- not about superheroes or Hellcat or Daimon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    There should be another Patsy series- not about superheroes or Hellcat or Daimon.
    Given today's world of comics, just how can that be pulled off ?

I mean even Archie Comics are getting reboot.

I wouldn't mind a Hellcat series that involves Patsy's life, like Peter Parker's did in Amazing Spider-Man.

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I got a Hellcat action figure today. She's pretty cool. I just can't believe there's never been one before.

I wonder what has held her back from being a more popular character because in my opinion she's got all the makings of a successful character. She has an easily defined personality, she has a life outside the hero community, and she's been on different teams.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    there should be Marvel's answer to the Archie comics. A teen cartoon that has nothing to do with superheroes.
    I feel the same way

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    I got a Hellcat action figure today. She's pretty cool. I just can't believe there's never been one before.

I wonder what has held her back from being a more popular character because in my opinion she's got all the makings of a successful character. She has an easily defined personality, she has a life outside the hero community, and she's been on different teams.
    Lack of interest from Marvel editorial, I think. She screams breakout success, but they haven't given her much attention since that Kathryn Immonen miniseries (which was great and should've sold better). Maybe she needs to go back to the Avengers and maybe from there they could spin her off into her own solo? Or perhaps they could bring back her old school Patsy Walker series? Both? I do feel they should try, though. Who would've thought Ms. Marvel or Spider-Gwen would've happened before they pushed them?

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MsAngel View Post
    Lack of interest from Marvel editorial, I think. She screams breakout success, but they haven't given her much attention since that Kathryn Immonen miniseries (which was great and should've sold better). Maybe she needs to go back to the Avengers and maybe from there they could spin her off into her own solo? Or perhaps they could bring back her old school Patsy Walker series? Both? I do feel they should try, though. Who would've thought Ms. Marvel or Spider-Gwen would've happened before they pushed them?
    I agree, Immonen's mini series was fantastic. I also wonder how she never landed a spot on Bendis' Avengers because she seems like a character right in his ballpark. Maybe her Netflix appearances will convince Marvel to do more with her.