Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I wonder if this means we are going to get some Son of Satan in this book. The last time we had him and Patsy interacting together was in Marvel Divas right?
    i think so. and i hope he shows up too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Not sure about the new artist. Looks like Perez is doing a variant cover -- imagine how cool it would have been to have him drawing Patsy again!

At least she's back in her original outfit -- complete with cat eyes and clawed boots. I hate how Don Perlin dumbed down her gear in Defenders. He couldn't even draw the cowl correctly.
    That outfit originally belong to Greer Grant, the original Hell(Cat) before Marvel decided to make her into Tigra. If they had gotten Gerry Conway to write the original Claws of The Cat, Greer would not have been made into Tigra and her costume given to someone else.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    That outfit originally belong to Greer Grant, the original Hell(Cat) before Marvel decided to make her into Tigra. If they had gotten Gerry Conway to write the original Claws of The Cat, Greer would not have been made into Tigra and her costume given to someone else.
    It looks better on Patsy. Also, this is her appreciation thread, not Greer's.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbytes View Post
    Greer and Patsy share one thing in common: The Yellow and Blue costume.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbytes View Post
    Actually, I thought Greer looked best in it. I like how she had a claw emblem -- and the dark hair matched her boots and gloves. I like Patsy as Hellcat, but I thought the Cat had a lot of potential (interesting abilities) whereas Patsy was pretty limited to acrobatics and retractable wired claw.

One aspect of Hellcat I always appreciated was how finding a costume suddenly made her a hero. And though it was supposed to be Greer's outfit -- it seemed to be something else entirely -- as the acrobatic/speed abilities were inherent to the outfit -- in her early appearances. The thought was that there microcircuits in the leotard that boosted the wearer's strength and speed (this wasn't the case with Greer's outfit). Later, (after the original leotard had been damaged in Defenders #50), it was explained that her training on Titan was responsible for her ability.

I'm rereading the Shulkie book and there were some really great Patsy moments in there. Stealth suit. <3

I've been watching the Jessica Jones Netflix series and "Trish" has a few good moments so far.

I'm only up to episode 4 but we learn that she's been learning Krav Maga to defend herself, seems to be some tension with her mom (perhaps abuse of some sort) and the Patsy Walker romance novels are canon in the MCU! A fan of them tried to get her to autograph a copy and mentioned how he missed her red hair.

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been revived after the Jessica Jones show aired. 'Trish' Walker was easily my favourite part of the Tv show, and I thought Rachael Taylor brought just the right balance of enthusiasm and vulnerability to the role. I also liked that she was easily the most suited, psychologically, to being a superhero. I can see her in Season Two taking to the streets to bust heads.

This fan art was posted in the JJ appreciation thread, but I thought I'd repost it here:Jessica Jones.jpg

I'm up to episode 10 and I've really enjoyed Patsy/Trish in it. It's great to see two women being friends with no bitchiness involved. I wouldn't be remotely shocked if Trish doesn't wind up in a costume or even get a spin-off.
    I surrender to the Contest

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    I'm up to episode 10 and I've really enjoyed Patsy/Trish in it. It's great to see two women being friends with no bitchiness involved. I wouldn't be remotely shocked if Trish doesn't wind up in a costume or even get a spin-off.
    I would love this! MCU Hellcat is already fantastic! She could definitely carry her own show, and I hope she's a founding Defender. A spin-off from that would be absolutely perfect.

But what will her live action powerset be?

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reality View Post
    I would love this! MCU Hellcat is already fantastic! She could definitely carry her own show, and I hope she's a founding Defender. A spin-off from that would be absolutely perfect.

But what will her live action powerset be?
    If they add her to Defenders, I doubt they'll give her big powers, they'll probably just have her as a martial artist or something

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    I doubt they'll give her a costume costume. Maybe something that protects her when she fight but still looks like clothes? It would be fun if she ends up in the Defenders

Kinda bummed they're going to cutesy route with this book, despite Patsy's strong showing in the dark Jessica Jones tv series.
    Will probably pick up the first issue though, since Hellcat was a fave of mine when I was a kid.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I doubt they'll give her a costume costume. Maybe something that protects her when she fight but still looks like clothes? It would be fun if she ends up in the Defenders
    Why wouldn't they give her a costume? It's a world of superheroes and she's clearly into the whole crimefighter thing and the costume thing.

I don't see Jessica putting on a new costume or anything, but Trish? Trish probably has costumes she just wears around the apartment.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    They gave Daredevil a proper costume, and Trish tried to give Jessica an even more classic-type costume. She seems to be into the superhero thing more than moast of the actruaol superheroes in the MCU, so I'd not be surprised if she were too look pretty faithful, just more "real world" in the level of detail. Which would be badass!

I reckon she'll get her powers while infiltrating the Nuke-related dudes next season. My current theory is that they work for the Power Broker or Roxxon, and I could see both leading to her getting a powerup. Maybe it'll be similar to Beast's infiltration of the Brand Corporation, as a nod to his being the one who made her a superhero and Avenger possible? That would be neat!

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Why wouldn't they give her a costume? It's a world of superheroes and she's clearly into the whole crimefighter thing and the costume thing.

I don't see Jessica putting on a new costume or anything, but Trish? Trish probably has costumes she just wears around the apartment.
    Beat me to it!