Incredible Member

Default Rick Sanchez MCU Gauntlet

Morty has just gotten done having an MCU movie marathon with his family and convinces Rick, who has nothing better to do, to use his portal gun to teleport to the Marvel Cinematic Universe for real. There, Rick yawns at the tedium of it all and orchestrates a scenario where he pisses off every single Marvel character to the point where they want to murder him. How far does he go up the ladder before his luck and resourcefulness runs out?

R1: Every MCU villain, one at a time, in chronological order(Iron Monger, Abomination, Whiplash, etc). He has his portal gun and has thirty seconds rest/prep before each round.

R2: Every MCU hero, in chronological order(Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, etc). Same rules as round one.

R3: Every MCU villain at the same time. If things get too nasty, Rick may call upon the Council of Rick's for backup. He still has thirty seconds of prep beforehand.

R4: Every MCU hero. Same rules and conditions as round three.

R5: All heroes and villains vs Rick. He has two minutes of prep this time, and can still call upon the Council if he needs to.

What was Rick's power again in the avenger spoof episode?

Oh yea, "abillity to do anything, but only when i want" yea sounds about right.

30 seconds or 2mins of prep for rick is excessive. with that portal gun he can go anywhere and collect additional gadgets. (if he even needs to)

The dude destroyes galactic empires (and in 1 episode, 2 at once) for fun, the MCU got nothing on him.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

While all that is true, I think it may largely come down to "can his default gear keep him alive through a quickdraw." 30 seconds isn't a lot of time, so unless he still has access to his time stopper or something which can generate force fields, the faster members probably just kill him.

Season 3 has had a couple of episodes mentioning he has various invisible cybernetic upgrades in the form of weapons and defenses. Even assuming those are recent upgrades and discounting earlier seasons, even within those episodes the cybernetics are mentioned they don't seem to be capable of saving him.

But any fight where Rick gets to apply 10% of his overall threat level he is winning. And if he still has the time stopper, the only one who might have a chance is Strange. In all likelihood, Rick just blows up Marvel Earth a couple rounds in because he's sick of all this.

Well you've got to also understand that Rick's current body isn't his original body by any stretch.

He body hopped beginning of S3.

Then he turned himself into a pickle..

Er..

Yea I mean look, it's Rick Sanchez.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

This seems to cover season 1 and 2, so is not updated by any means, but a good overview:

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthre...ez_earth_c137/

Of note, per Season 3, Rick has a "nanofiber defense mesh" embedded into his epidermis, and a laser weapon in his crotch. Also, given several seconds prep, he can come back from death by injecting his DNA into a victim and erupting out Alien-style.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    This seems to cover season 1 and 2, so is not updated by any means, but a good overview:

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthre...ez_earth_c137/

Of note, per Season 3, Rick has a "nanofiber defense mesh" embedded into his epidermis, and a laser weapon in his crotch. Also, given several seconds prep, he can come back from death by injecting his DNA into a victim and erupting out Alien-style.
    Right, those were the upgrades I mentioned. They also said he had a crap ton of things in him when he boarded that flight and he demonstrated an arm cannon as I recall. But he hasn't busted these things out a few key moments in S3 where they would have been handy, so it's unclear if they are a cobsist feature. Either Harmon ignores them, they aren't especially full proof, or Rick doesn't like to tip people off to them if he doesn't have to. Still, he's had various instances where that last one could have gotten him killed.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

The arm cannon, while elaborate, was only a sucker gun.

Yeah... I think for all intents and purposes we should treat unprepped Rick as a dude until he racks up more feats and consistency for his built in stuff. I'll also add that while he's no Captain America for stats, he's a vicious and resilient fighter.

Seriously, does anyone remember if he gave up his time stopper or it otherwise broke? Is it basically the rumbles equivalent of Reed's time dilation belts where he wouldn't use it in story because the time cops will come after him, but can bust it out just fine for rumbles?

It's worth noting that his normal portal gun can take him places where time moves at a different rate, like in the first(?) episode where he disappears for a few seconds and actually had been gone long enough to have some kind of orgy and drain all of the gun's battery.

One thing to note with Rick. I don't think we should treat him as always having easy access to everything he's ever shown, because we pretty consistently see him going through expendable resources which require pretty dangerous journeys to gather. And thanks to his many character flaws and substance abuse issues, he oftentimes only gets by on luck in those situations. (This has been acknowledged more than once in the show.)

I'm inclined to think bloodlust means he works somewhat more efficiently, but Rick is arguably more a victim of CIS than PIS, which is interesting to consider in rumbles terms for a super genius.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Yeah... I think for all intents and purposes we should treat unprepped Rick as a dude until he racks up more feats and consistency for his built in stuff. I'll also add that while he's no Captain America for stats, he's a vicious and resilient fighter.

Seriously, does anyone remember if he gave up his time stopper or it otherwise broke? Is it basically the rumbles equivalent of Reed's time dilation belts where he wouldn't use it in story because the time cops will come after him, but can bust it out just fine for rumbles?
    The time stop device has inherent risk because it forces the people who go outside of the normal flow of time, in this case Rick, to start not existing in normal space any more if they don't maintain a consistent sense of surety of purpose thereafter. He can still use it, I would think and he'd be able to do whatever while outside of time but once he goes back in to the normal flow of time he might cease to exist.

See season 2 episode 1 for reference.

Really, if the question is if there is a resource for Rick that he has on his person consistently, it would just be the portal gun. He suffers from supergenius-syndrome, wherein for the creators to show his genius, they have to constantly create new inventions and feats for him, which make consistent use of this other inventions, aside from one vital to his core concept such as the portal gun, highly unlikely.

But even with the portal gun, he's still an extreme threat, as noted, there are dimensions where time moves slower, and he has used the thing as an offensive weapon such as opening portals to hostile dimensions and having creatures and/or environmental conditions pop out to be used as attacks and such.

Really, if the question is if there is a resource for Rick that he has on his person consistently, it would just be the portal gun. He suffers from supergenius-syndrome, wherein for the creators to show his genius, they have to constantly create new inventions and feats for him, which make consistent use of this other inventions, aside from one vital to his core concept such as the portal gun, highly unlikely.

But even with the portal gun, he's still an extreme threat, as noted, there are dimensions where time moves slower, and he has used the thing as an offensive weapon such as opening portals to hostile dimensions and having creatures and/or environmental conditions pop out to be used as attacks and such.
    Yeah, but unlike a lot of super geniuses it's easy to explain him not using things to their fullest due to his various psychological issues. It's actually a pretty elegant way to get around that trope.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Yeah, but unlike a lot of super geniuses it's easy to explain him not using things to their fullest due to his various psychological issues. It's actually a pretty elegant way to get around that trope.
    But then the show occasionally also shows him when he *wants* to be competent, which he is to a great deal (see the Season 3 premier, or when he kills the World Ender while completely smashed). IMHO, it should be covered under "bloodlust" stipulation in rumbles.

But then the show occasionally also shows him when he *wants* to be competent, which he is to a great deal (see the Season 3 premier, or when he kills the World Ender while completely smashed). IMHO, it should be covered under "bloodlust" stipulation in rumbles.
    I suppose that's fair. We assume Sentry is functional that day for a rumble after all.