Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default Action Comics #987 preview

Bogdanovic's art is outstanding as always. Seriously you can just about slap him on anything Superman related and I'll buy regardless of if I like the writing or not. Not many artist get me like that.

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I'm glad Bogandovic got to make the jump to Action. He deserves it .

Metall's come back from worse, though it's a shame to have this happen after he just got his cool redesign .

Kryptonite seems to do nothing to Oz. But then again, the immediate effects of Kryptonite can wildly differ from writer to writer.

Art's pretty good, but the suit should be a tad darker a shade of blue, and unfortunately Jon looks more like 14 than he does 10 in that head shot.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-08-2017 at 02:38 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The design of Oz's crescent moon staff may be a missed opportunity. If it's you-know-who then it be the inverse of this http://www.fortress.net.nu/images/jor-el.jpg is pretty dope. But unfortunately that particular design for that character doesn't apply to Rebirth as far as we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Kryptonite seems to do nothing to Oz. But then again, the immediate effects of Kryptonite can wildly differ from writer to writer.

Art's pretty good, but the suit should be a tad darker a shade of blue, and unfortunately Jon looks more like 14 than he does 10 in that head shot.
    If Mr. OZ really is Jor-El, would it be safe to assume that Kryptonite doesnt affect him due to his (assumed) time-displaced status?

As for John, I actually like that he looks a little bit older here. As much as I love John as a whole, I always felt weird having a 10-yo kid displaying traits and aptitude of a 14-15s yo
    Same with Damian
    But it's just a nitpick of mine hehe

The Preview is great, and I am looking forwars to Oz' Endgame !
    Last edited by Kuwagaton; 09-08-2017 at 06:25 PM. Reason: We'll just avoid specifics in case

Kal-L and Prime's immunity were due to them being from other universe not times. Also, try not to be so brazen with the possible spoilers.

I saw this on another thread, and my first thought was that this was from Metal. It's so similar to Capullo to me Seeing Oz's distain for humans, I think he definitely seems the type who would destroy the statues of the Kents out of spite.

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    I think he definitely seems the type who would destroy the statues of the Kents out of spite.
    Good point. Seems cool with Lois, but I imagine he's going to rationalize it as her being an exception rather than the standard.

I am kinda hyped, well, of course I am, it's has been prolonged for too long!

Cannot wait

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I'm glad Bogandovic got more work. I loved his art when I first saw it on the Arkham Knight digital series. Hopefully he stays for a while.

Dude, the art is awesome. At the beginning of Rebirth I wasn't much of a fan of Action Comics, but it's being amazing for some time now.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Mr. Oz's disdain for humans is something they came up with for this arc, I guess. From what I remember, he never showed it in his earlier appearances.

BANNED

I think how we get the Oz reveal will be better than the actual result of it.writing and art will be on point,even if imo jor being Oz is boring

John'll be fine, this isn't his first rodeo when it comes to being temple of doomed by an unhinged kryptonian.
    ohmygodtheykilledCorben!youbastard.jpg