Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    John'll be fine, this isn't his first rodeo when it comes to being temple of doomed by an unhinged kryptonian.
    Attachment 54483
    Are those panels by Finch?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Mr. Oz's disdain for humans is something they came up with for this arc, I guess. From what I remember, he never showed it in his earlier appearances.
    Yeah, it is pretty jarring. I'm into the story, but at the same time they pulled this characterization out of their butt because he has not once acted this aggressive and mean-spirited before now. Hell even his confrontation with Lex, where he did apply some force, his characterization was quite even-keeled to the point of emotionless-ness. Its a bit of a cheat to change up his personality and how he acts just because you're ready to reveal him now.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-08-2017 at 06:28 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    John'll be fine, this isn't his first rodeo when it comes to being temple of doomed by an unhinged kryptonian.
    Attachment 54483
    I feel like this is the fourth or fifth time this has happened to him .

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Metallo is a character who gets broken down pretty extensively. He's pretty good with reinvention so let's hope for something clever his next time at bat.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

spoilers:
    If he is the pre-Crisis Jor-El, then it would stand to reason that this universes kryptonite wouldn't effect him. Remember, kryptonite is universe specific. If you aren't from that universe, it doesn't have any effect on you.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Kuwagaton; 09-08-2017 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Spoilers
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by MDR123 View Post
    Are those panels by Finch?
    yeah that's Finch.

Well, Metallo-Oz meeting came out of the blue. Can Corben sustain his life for any meaningful period of time without his Kryptonite heart? Viktor's art is fantastic, I'm really liking his works. Preview looks interesting. Oz seems to have a very low opinion about humanity as a whole. I wonder how he will react to Lois when they meet. Is Viktor doing the art for this whole arc?

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

We're scheduled to see Ryan Sook as well for an issue, which will be pretty excellent.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    We're scheduled to see Ryan Sook as well for an issue, which will be pretty excellent.
    Ooooo, I loves me some Sook!

That's a damn fine preview, the writing and art are both on point. Oz's endgame is really coming together and Superman swooping in to defuse a tense situation was awesome. Even the dialogue seems better than Jurgens' usual vernacular.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

It's kind of painful to see Mr Oz been so against humanity.
    spoilers:
    If he is indeed Jor-El, who constatly talked about potential of humanity for a greater good, then I wonder what or who made him so angry.
    end of spoilers
    Also, I don't if it is art style or something else, but Mr Oz's face looks very similar to Superman's.

I like see Viktor art here..

HE IS CALLING HIM.... KAL-EL

I can only say... WOW.. I never expected this reunion between him and Metallo.

One image of Krypton explosion?
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-09-2017 at 06:12 AM.

BANNED

Well of it's jor then,and he is talking **** about earth folk,i would say,don't send ur only son to earth if u think we enter worthy of him......NOW.

Doesn't add up,and this being jor is pushing it for me.

Incredible Member

I would't put stuck on the kryptonite, it seems to have a energy field around it, probably neutralizes the radiation.

Spectacular Member Embryonic Superman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    It's kind of painful to see Mr Oz been so against humanity.
    spoilers:
    If he is indeed Jor-El, who constatly talked about potential of humanity for a greater good, then I wonder what or who made him so angry.
    end of spoilers
    Well, this would be spoilers:
    a time-displaced Jor-El who was specifically conditioned to be Mr. Oz through years of torture and brainwashing. I imagine by the end of Doomsday Clock everything will be reset the way it belongs, and there won't actually be a permanent villainous streak left in the legacy of Jor-El.
    end of spoilers

The last time I was this hyped for a single comic issue was DC Universe Rebirth #1, but even that was filled with a nervous dread that things would go wrong. Now that we're a year-and-three-months into this grand Rebirth experiment, I have great faith that The Oz Effect won't disappoint. I trust Jurgens to do this right. Action Comics has become my must-read book and the best two Wednesdays of the month. The absurd thing is, I'm pumped for only issue #987. How's it going to feel heading into #1000?