Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Incredible Member

I’ve always been a Speedy fan, but he was in a weird position when Connor was created.
    I always wished DC had stuck to their plans, having Connor, Wally and Kyle permanently assume their heroic mantles, to be joined later by Dick, I suppose.
    But Roy was the odd man out. Red Arrow was a damn good solution, until the writers maimed and ruined him.

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    I’ve always been a Speedy fan, but he was in a weird position when Connor was created.
    I always wished DC had stuck to their plans, having Connor, Wally and Kyle permanently assume their heroic mantles, to be joined later by Dick, I suppose.
    But Roy was the odd man out. Red Arrow was a damn good solution, until the writers maimed and ruined him.
    I personally love the idea of him making Red Arrow his mantle. It gives respect to Ollie while still being his own thing.

I still think YJ Roy was some of the best handling of the character in a long time. They managed to take terrible ideas and do great things with it. Like New 52 type Arsenal while doing the arm loss in a awesome way. He still had Lian and his relationship with Cheshire was great. Really hope he's featured in season 3.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I personally love the idea of him making Red Arrow his mantle. It gives respect to Ollie while still being his own thing.

I still think YJ Roy was some of the best handling of the character in a long time. They managed to take terrible ideas and do great things with it. Like New 52 type Arsenal while doing the arm loss in a awesome way. He still had Lian and his relationship with Cheshire was great. Really hope he's featured in season 3.
    Well same for me here. Except for the relationship with Chesh but mainly because of shipping (welp I love him to much with Donna even if I doubt she ever appear in Yougn Justice) but also because of the Chesh of the comics, I really love the character but she has always been the worst in Roy's life (with now Jason and Lobdell lmao). But in YJ, it's been a really cool arc for him and I find it cool that they somehow separate the pre flashpoint Roy and the N25 Roy that way to please everyone (even if I wish they use more the "cloned" Roy in the new season of YJ haha)
    Favorite characters:
    5 DC- Roy Harper, Donna Troy, Helena Bertinelli, Dinah Laurel Lance and Big Barda
    5 Marvel- Jean Grey, Richard Rider, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton and Angelica Jones

Pull List:
    X-Men Red, X-Men Blue, Old Man Hawkeye, Marvel Two-in-One, Aquaman, Mister Miracle, Mera Queen of Atlantis, The Terrifics and some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    Well same for me here. Except for the relationship with Chesh but mainly because of shipping (welp I love him to much with Donna even if I doubt she ever appear in Yougn Justice) but also because of the Chesh of the comics, I really love the character but she has always been the worst in Roy's life (with now Jason and Lobdell lmao). But in YJ, it's been a really cool arc for him and I find it cool that they somehow separate the pre flashpoint Roy and the N25 Roy that way to please everyone (even if I wish they use more the "cloned" Roy in the new season of YJ haha)
    I love Roy and Donna together when they are growing as the Fab Five Titans and liked them getting back together during Grayson's run but their mutual break up I think is the perfect end of their relationship. Same with Dick and Kori, I like them together during the NTT, the college years but I don't see much for them after that.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Looks like Kyle is joining the Titans, all but confirming that Roy’s the one biting it in Identity Crisis 2.0. All we can hope now is that he comes back soon.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

I'm so sick of character death, especially after they drained literally everything good away from the character. Death seems kinda merciful at this point.

Jason is listed first.

Jason is listed first.

Don't forget "recovering drug addict," although I guess that makes sense with this event .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Don't forget "recovering drug addict," although I guess that makes sense with this event .
    For a file I'm fine with that since recovery is an ongoing thing bt yeah that being the only info you give out is kinda awful.

Mighty Member

Hopefully, they can stop leaning on the recovering drug addict thing in the future. Roy is so much more than that.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Jason is listed first.

He's probably spent more time with Jason than anybody else since the New 52 started so it does kinda make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    He's probably spent more time with Jason than anybody else since the New 52 started so it does kinda make sense.
    And him spending 0 time with Jason before the reboot makes even more sense for that relationship to exist.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

And him spending 0 time with Jason before the reboot makes even more sense for that relationship to exist.
    Ah right.... well you know how the saying goes

You don’t pick your friends, editors do

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Ah right.... well you know how the saying goes

You don’t pick your friends, editors do
    Seems like all editors do anymore is try to do the writer's job, just worse.

I loved Roy in Young Justice, he was one of my favs on the show. Oddly, I never cared for him that much in the comics.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."