Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    I’ve always been a Speedy fan, but he was in a weird position when Connor was created.
    I always wished DC had stuck to their plans, having Connor, Wally and Kyle permanently assume their heroic mantles, to be joined later by Dick, I suppose.
    But Roy was the odd man out. Red Arrow was a damn good solution, until the writers maimed and ruined him.
    Maybe if this had remained the status quo of Connor being GA they could have kept Roy as Arsenal, but with a more "Grayson" like spy/governtment agent style treatment.

It probably would've been a better fit for him than Dick anyway.
    Last edited by Midnighter; 09-25-2018 at 12:46 AM.

Pre-52 Roy was probably among my top 4 comics characters. I don't enjoy his current version as much but HATE the thought he's cannon fodder for a crisis event. Yet another series where characters are tossed in the grave really disinterests me too.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Edit (sorry, wrong thread)
    Last edited by Sergard; 09-25-2018 at 05:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    Maybe if this had remained the status quo of Connor being GA they could have kept Roy as Arsenal, but with a more "Grayson" like spy/governtment agent style treatment.

It probably would've been a better fit for him than Dick anyway.
    If I were to bring back Checkmate, I'd put Roy on the roster. Maybe establish a rivalry of sorts between Checkmate and Spiral and see how this affects Roy and Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I loved Roy in Young Justice, he was one of my favs on the show. Oddly, I never cared for him that much in the comics.
    Young Justice really took all the best parts of Roy and revamped the garbage ideas into better ones.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Young Justice really took all the best parts of Roy and revamped the garbage ideas into better ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Wish we got to see more time with the sidekicks but oh well. It was nice seeing him and Aqualad close which is surprising since they are more antagonistic with each other. (That was Garth but you know what I mean.)

God I love YJ. It is a pretty near perfect DCU in my eyes.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    I’ve always been a Speedy fan, but he was in a weird position when Connor was created.
    I always wished DC had stuck to their plans, having Connor, Wally and Kyle permanently assume their heroic mantles, to be joined later by Dick, I suppose.
    But Roy was the odd man out. Red Arrow was a damn good solution, until the writers maimed and ruined him.
    On the other hand Connor droped more or less into obscurity when Olli came back, while Roy was almost allways in the main cast of a team book in the last 2 decades.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

In my mind, New 52 and Rebirth did Roy ABSOLUTELY NO FAVOURS.
    To me, the character barely resembled the one I'd read for more than decade before.
    Everything that made Roy interesting was either tinkered with, distorted or straight up removed.
    His tattoos, his heritage, his family, his dynamic with both Dinah & Ollie, his portrayal in Titans, Lian - all was screwed with to the point where I viewed this person as a different Roy Harper entirely.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    In my mind, New 52 and Rebirth did Roy ABSOLUTELY NO FAVOURS.
    To me, the character barely resembled the one I'd read for more than decade before.
    Everything that made Roy interesting was either tinkered with, distorted or straight up removed.
    His tattoos, his heritage, his family, his dynamic with both Dinah & Ollie, his portrayal in Titans, Lian - all was screwed with to the point where I viewed this person as a different Roy Harper entirely.
    He's not Roy, hell most of the characters we are reading are lesser versions of themselves.

Heroes in Crisis:

spoilers:
    Yeah, Roy dies. And so does Wally.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Heroes in Crisis:

spoilers:
    Yeah, Roy dies. And so does Wally.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah we have known for a while now.

Honestly Roy's confessional in HiC is probably the best he's been written since Pre-Flashpoint. God that's sad.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Honestly Roy's confessional in HiC is probably the best he's been written since Pre-Flashpoint. God that's sad.
    That's very debatable. Even when you post something positive, you spin it into a negative lol.
    Last edited by Raijin; 09-26-2018 at 03:44 AM.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    That's very debatable. Even when you post something positive, you spin it into a negative lol.
    On this page there are two positive posts up above about YJ Roy. I post positive when I think it deserves it, most of current DC does not deserve it in my eyes.

Also that post is more sarcastic if anything, I do think that page is well written but it's too little too late. His characterization has been awful since the reboot.