Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    On this page there are two positive posts up above about YJ Roy. I post positive when I think it deserves it, most of current DC does not deserve it in my eyes.
    Agree to disagree
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Agree to disagree
    Yeah I know.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Incredible Member

With Arsenal returning to Arrow, it wouldn't make sense to leave Roy dead for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianS View Post
    With Arsenal returning to Arrow, it wouldn't make sense to leave Roy dead for too long.
    Why would DC start having things make sense now?

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I know we all hate his New 52 Origin but Who’s gonna tell Croc that Roy died Following his Advice
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

That's very debatable. Even when you post something positive, you spin it into a negative lol.
    See, I don't think it is debatable. Roy's portrayal since the reboot has been pretty horrid.
    The character DC has called Roy Harper since Rebirth held very little resemblance to the Roy Harper of the previous 30 or so years.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    I know we all hate his New 52 Origin but Who’s gonna tell Croc that Roy died Following his Advice
    Croc barely resembles himself from that story. Doesn't he talk in the third person like Hulk now?

Fantastic Member Potanical Pardon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    See, I don't think it is debatable. Roy's portrayal since the reboot has been pretty horrid.
    The character DC has called Roy Harper since Rebirth held very little resemblance to the Roy Harper of the previous 30 or so years.
    THIS.

Roy is supposed to be the heart of the Titans and generation. How he comes off publicly is just a mask for how much he feels and needs others. He never would admit or say that but he's always the one people can and will talk to despite those same people not having the time or awareness for when he needs the same.

He's in my top 5 DC characters. I'm trying to be patient and wait for the full story, but Roy and Wally make up #2 and #4 with Kyle #1. Haha...I'll be so mad if he's another one.

It's not debatable. The two are very different characters with very different personalities, background, and relationships. It feels like fans and DC only see costumes and names and not the actual character that people care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Croc barely resembles himself from that story. Doesn't he talk in the third person like Hulk now?
    Well he showed up in Red Hood’s Annual #2 and told Roy get back on the Program, so Roy went to Sanctuary, Surely someone’s gonna tell him
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Mighty Member

Ah. So i'm wrong and everyone else is right. Nice!
    Last edited by Raijin; 09-27-2018 at 07:59 PM.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Ah. So i'm wrong and everyone else is right. Nice!
    It's okay to like the current Roy but he fundamentally isn't the same character. They share the name and some of the looks and the addiction. That's about it.

Mighty Member

It's not debatable. The two are very different characters with very different personalities, background, and relationships. It feels like fans and DC only see costumes and names and not the actual character that people care about.
    It's more debatable than you care to admit. What you say isn't FACT at all, no matter how many times you try to spin it. (which is something you tend to do a lot tbh) There personalities aren't that different, background (did Ben Percy NOT give him his Native American roots). He literally has the same relationships with the same exact people before, minus Croc and Jason. I didn't just reading comics yesterday, Bird.

Mighty Member

It's okay to like the current Roy but he fundamentally isn't the same character. They share the name and some of the looks and the addiction. That's about it.
    Eh. I tend to like all versions of a character. I'm not closed-minded like most on here.

It's more debatable than you care to admit. What you say isn't FACT at all, no matter how many times you try to spin it. (which is something you tend to do a lot tbh) There personalities aren't that different, background (did Ben Percy NOT give him his Native American roots). He literally has the same relationships with the same exact people before, minus Croc and Jason. I didn't just reading comics yesterday, Bird.
    So his close relation to Hal and Dinah is still there, his status as a single father, him being a drug advisor, his history as a spy, etc. These things were excised when the reboot happened. Just slapping them back in during the next big relaunch doesn't fix the problem. That means DC wasn't confident enough in their changes because a majority of fans didn't like them. Smashing a tv with a sledge hammer and then putting a band aid on the screen doesn't fix it. Changing a character's fundamentals, from his outlook to his actual look to character dynamics changes that character. Acting like it doesn't is a problem, otherwise why read about any specific character if they are all so interchangeable?

You can like whatever you want, but getting upset that a majority (at least on these forums) sees a completely different character isn't very open minded as you think.