Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I thought I read somewhere that Soule was purposely ignoring recent continuity so that this books feels timeless and isn't bogged down by where this fits in with which character and what's happening in the world? If that is the case, then him ignoring some of the things that Bunn had set up in Uncanny for the sake of his story makes more sense (albeit it makes the overall character continuity exceedingly difficult). This is why comics need competent editors to work with the writers on carrying over shards of continuity or character development between books/writers..

Ultimate Member

Though the problem with that comes with future writers that then try to make his work be in continuity and such or continue on with what he's writing in terms of continuity and such...

Extraordinary Member

Doesn't this just get back to the general problem of how confusing Marvel comics are?

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    The theme this year in comic books: Complex, confusing storylines featuring winged heroes that deserve better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Older Warren's characterization is as inconsistent as his younger self is irrelevant.
    These are the golden highlights of this entire post. The truth is honestly quite brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    A "Death of Archangel" miniseries is something I wouldn't be opposed to.
    Considering recent events from a short while ago with Wolverine, Snake Eyes, and quite recently Hawkman; I am not opposed to this idea either. As long as it's written properly and hits all the emotional spots there is really no complain from me.

I know DAS was supposed to be the final farewell of Warren but considering how awful NuAngel was with wasted time and potential I can honestly understand writers for wanting to use their definite version of Warren. Good lesson to learn for future writers don't have a character simmer in the background that has a potential arc or storyline because you will never know when your series will get cancelled or other unfortunate events happen end that will end that characters progress.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    Good lesson to learn for future writers don't have a character simmer in the background that has a potential arc or storyline because you will never know when your series will get cancelled or other unfortunate events happen end that will end that characters progress.
    Better to rush through your beautifulm main plots and pad with filler at the end than to slow burn and risk leaving elements unresolved. Looking at you JMS and Babylon 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Extraordinary Member

Are we sure Bunn had actual plans for Warren?

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Better to rush through your beautifulm main plots and pad with filler at the end than to slow burn and risk leaving elements unresolved. Looking at you JMS and Babylon 5.
    Quoted for Truth

How many times have we've been victims of this before? Not just comics but films and tv shows.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    Quoted for Truth
    How many times have we've been victims of this before? Not just comics but films and tv shows.
    Too many times. Pity Bunn got sideswiped by this phenomenon, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Are we sure Bunn had actual plans for Warren?
    Yes, several interviews and storyline hints but due to ressurexion all of that was thrown out the window. Same for Gold and All New X-Men. Hopeless even mentioned that certain storylines he wasn't able to tell in ANXM due to company events are tweaked and transfered to the Jean Grey series.

I don't think Angel has to die. Marvel just needs to give an on panel explanation for what his status is and what version they are using. Between Astonishing and the Iceman Legacy preview Angel seems to be back to being the Kyle/Yost version where he is real Warren trying to control Archangel.

And if adult Angel dies we will be stuck with the purposeless teen Angel.

They already killed off Warren and we just got him back. Killing him off again would be the dumbest thing they could do to the character right now

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They already killed off Warren and we just got him back. Killing him off again would be the dumbest thing they could do to the character right now
    Yes it would. Which is why I could see Marvel doing it. And while we don't know what Marvel is really thinking as to how to they want to use him Marvel is giving the impression that they aren't sure what the best version of Archangel is.

Again all it would take to avoid situations like this would be to give on panel explanations instead of just letting the next writer ignore the previous writers work with no explanation given.

You guys think Archangel could absorb Cosmic Teen Warren like he did with NuAngel?

[QUOTE=ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon;3085910]You guys think Archangel could absorb Cosmic Teen Warren like he did with NuAngel?[/QUOTE

I would say no. Archangel is already real Warren, but at this point who knows. I think what will happen is the popular theory that the O5 will return to their own place in time and then the adult O5 will gain their memories from their time spent in the future.

Ultimate Member

Just use the young O5 to "fix" their adult versions and a great many people would be happy methinks...