Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Default Tom King planning to be on Batman for at least a 100 issues? !

And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

I thought this was well-known? He already mentioned this months ago.

Edit: Well, in July, at least.

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/news/dc-sdcc17-72117/

I distinctly remember him saying similar on a podcast before even that, too.
    Last edited by Caivu; 09-09-2017 at 01:05 AM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Astonishing Member

If he stays on at least as long as Scott Snyder did, the title stays twice monthly and barring anything like Villains Month, Futures End and Convergence (where the numbering or the title was put on hold), it's a distinct possibility it'll actually happen. Any DC title getting to 100 issues at this point without resorting to legacy numbering will be celebration enough IMO.
    Last edited by jbmasta; 09-09-2017 at 02:29 AM.

Astonishing Member

I'm curious as to what he'll be doing going forward in the book.

I've no real problem with this, as I like his style of storytelling, but I'm still disappointed with the lack of Duke, both in substantial roles and overall, in the stories so far, despite being his current partner/mentee. It felt misleading based on the Rebirth issue which got me all kinds of hyped.

Hopefully, he'll spare an arc for Duke soon going forward, who's pretty much vanished from the pages. Unless I misinterpret, I don't even think he'll be a part of the "Batman "runs away" arc", either.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I'm curious as to what he'll be doing going forward in the book.

I've no real problem with this, as I like his style of storytelling, but I'm still disappointed with the lack of Duke, both in substantial roles and overall, in the stories so far, despite being his current partner/mentee. It felt misleading based on the Rebirth issue which got me all kinds of hyped.

Hopefully, he'll spare an arc for Duke soon going forward, who's pretty much vanished from the pages. Unless I misinterpret, I don't even think he'll be a part of the "Batman "runs away" arc", either.
    I mean, he got what at least 70 issues to go? And perhaps he stays on longer? So there is plenty of time to have Duke pop in

Given he seems to have long-term plans with Batman, Catwoman, their possible engagement, Claire, and Batman's "death" I can imagine he would want to stay on the title for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Given he seems to have long-term plans with Batman, Catwoman, their possible engagement, Claire, and Batman's "death" I can imagine he would want to stay on the title for a while.
    What's the scoop on Batman's death? I don't know about that...

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    I remember the ending of the I Am Gotham arc had a future narration from an older Claire talking about her marriage to Duke and her involvement in Batman's death.

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    AFAIK, King has said Bruce will die in his run, roughly around the time Claire and Duke get married. He's also dead in the future seen in Batwoman #6. If there have been other references to it, I don't know them.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Oh yeah but we know that Bruce Wayne won't stay dead. DC Comics would not kill off Bruce Wayne. Most likely a repeat of when "bruce" died before. LOL! I dunno.

Bats and Bruce is over and dead, dead, dead when DC Comics is over.

"Yeah, this comes from Scott Snyder, who's probably going to kill me for sharing this. But he's one of my best friends, and he gave me this great advice. And he got the advice from Grant Morrison, who said, when you're writing Batman, you know, you're going to have a run on Batman and you have to give him a birth, and you have to give him a death. And that's your Batman. You don't own the character. The character belongs to pop culture. He belongs to everyone. The character belongs to everyone's heart."

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I thought this was well-known? He already mentioned this months ago.

Edit: Well, in July, at least.

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/news/dc-sdcc17-72117/

I distinctly remember him saying similar on a podcast before even that, too.
    My bad. I had no idea. You would think something like this would be better news. I long for the days when creators would have these.long runs on one title. So i would totally be down for this.
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Best news ever. Now maybe DC could fix those Justice League titles?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ..... I forget almost all these things...

..100 issues.... Currently I am out(thanks, riddler).. I hope donīt repeat this many times if he is here 100 issues..

However, see Duke things are enough reason for make me leave many chapters.. Nothing against Claire now if that is not related with him...
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-09-2017 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Thrasher View Post
    My bad. I had no idea. You would think something like this would be better news. I long for the days when creators would have these.long runs on one title. So i would totally be down for this.
    Me too. BUT I guess it just depends on what the creator is doing. If it's something the fans like, then some fans would want him there. But if it's something the fans don't like, then they would want someone new.