Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Saturday Mornings Cartoons

So the last few months I started a tradition of watching some of the cartoons and animated series from my youth on Saturday mornings like when a kid.

last week I watched some Ruby Spears Superman, G.I. Joe, 90's Spider-Man, & Season 2 of 90's Fantastic Four.

Today it was My Girl from Superman the Animated Series, the two part Cat and Claw from Batman the Animated Series, and some of the Dark Phoenix Saga from the 90's X-Men Animated Series.

So are there any old animated series or cartoons you revisit?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    So the last few months I started a tradition of watching some of the cartoons and animated series from my youth on Saturday mornings like when a kid.

last week I watched some Ruby Spears Superman, G.I. Joe, 90's Spider-Man, & Season 2 of 90's Fantastic Four.

Today it was My Girl from Superman the Animated Series, the two part Cat and Claw from Batman the Animated Series, and some of the Dark Phoenix Saga from the 90's X-Men Animated Series.

So are there any old animated series or cartoons you revisit?
    My husband and I bought all the Batman TAS, Sups TAS, JL & JLU series.
    We started with Batman and are watching in order, 1 episode a week.
    We don't binge watch any of our shows.
    We like to watch 1 show a week of about a dozen shows.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    My husband and I bought all the Batman TAS, Sups TAS, JL & JLU series.
    We started with Batman and are watching in order, 1 episode a week.
    We don't binge watch any of our shows.
    We like to watch 1 show a week of about a dozen shows.
    I have the Timmverse/DCAU hands down the best interconnected animated universe IMO.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I saw this thread right after finishing watching "The Ring of Castellac" from the Smurfs, featuring Johan and Peewit. I have several Smurfs compilations and try to watch an episode every Saturday morning.

I wish somebody would make compilations that re-enact entire Saturday morning lineups from the 70's and 80's, complete with the original commercials and PSA's.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I saw this thread right after finishing watching "The Ring of Castellac" from the Smurfs, featuring Johan and Peewit. I have several Smurfs compilations and try to watch an episode every Saturday morning.

I wish somebody would make compilations that re-enact entire Saturday morning lineups from the 70's and 80's, complete with the original commercials and PSA's.
    This YouTuber post old Saturday Mornings commercials and has done compilations https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3u...UE8JPQq3dg9ZvA

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    This YouTuber post old Saturday Mornings commercials and has done compilations https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3u...UE8JPQq3dg9ZvA
    Darian Sewell had a great channel, he's currently 'suspended.' He got a little too ambitious in his postings. I saved his best ones like ABC, CBS, NBC Sat AM airchecks from the 80s- breaks with show intros/outros along with network bumpers.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post

Now that would be cool! Except my husband aren't ever available for watching on Saturday mornings.
    It's too bad you can buy a Saturday morning chunk of programming, say 4 hrs, with all those commercials and the shows.
    Too much legal crap and permissions to get thru probably.

That's why we have a HUGE DVD library of our shows. We still watch them once a week, and even have break them down by seasons. But we watch together when we both aren't working.
    Thank goodness I married a guy that LOVES cartoons, comics, and sports!!!
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

I miss saturday mornings.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]