Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends which had some good episodes specifically the origin episodes for Amazing Friends but you can tell are written for small children and don't hold up well when trying to watch as an adult.
    Completely understandable, but I LOVE every episode! Definitely a classic, and truly an all-time favorite (XD)

^Oh! I'm glad I got to see re-runs of Spidey-Friends on Dutch television in the early 2000s! They had disappeared from air by 1994 or so, and I was too small to remember most of it, but the re-runs were a lot of fun to watch alongside re-runs of X-Men: TAS and see their respective takes on the Marvel characters. Nice to see the X-Men in a couple eps, even if there were some silly things about it like Wolvie having an Aussie accent [it's the Wolverine, not the Tasmanian Devil!] and Thunderbird having the ability to transform into animals à la Snowbird.

Also, Firestar pronounces Magneto as 'Mag-netto' and everything Firestar says is TRUE! :P
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Remember the preview specials that aired friday night before the new seasons?

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Hopefully this counts, since only a handful of episodes got shown on Saturday mornings. But, another all-time favorite would be...

W.I.T.C.H.
    (2004, ABC Kids)

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-31-2021 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Witch first started on abc saturday morning so yes it counts. Didn't it air on 4kids also for a bit? (can't remember) Edit--Nope that was winx club.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 01-01-2022 at 09:44 AM.

Astonishing Member

I know some people are nostalgic for Sat morning cartoons, but I think kids have it better now, they can watch cartoons whenever they want and a lot of the kid's cartoons today are high quality.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    ^Oh! I'm glad I got to see re-runs of Spidey-Friends on Dutch television in the early 2000s! They had disappeared from air by 1994 or so, and I was too small to remember most of it, but the re-runs were a lot of fun to watch alongside re-runs of X-Men: TAS and see their respective takes on the Marvel characters. Nice to see the X-Men in a couple eps, even if there were some silly things about it like Wolvie having an Aussie accent [it's the Wolverine, not the Tasmanian Devil!] and Thunderbird having the ability to transform into animals à la Snowbird.

Also, Firestar pronounces Magneto as 'Mag-netto' and everything Firestar says is TRUE! :P
    My favorite was when NBC had an hour block with Spider-Man and the Hulk cartoon back-to-back.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Witch first started on abc saturday morning so yes it counts. Didn't it air on 4kids also for a bit? (can't remember) Edit--Nope that was winx club.
    Thanks for the reminder. To show my appreciation, here's a different version of the opening (XD)

Gosh my Saturday cartoon era was so long ago. 1975 - around 1986 I think. I couldn’t tell time so I’d have to get up early and just sit through shows until the Superfriends came on. Best time of my life though! Watch the Hulk Friday night and get up for cartoons the next day! Lots of Hong Kong Phooey, Captain Caveman, Bugs Bunny, and Land of the Lost. I was mostly an action adventure guy though. The live action stuff was never my favorite but I do have a soft spot for Electra Woman & Dyna Girl. My mom liked that show. That and Isis. Mom was my real super hero. She sat through a lot of tv that probably made her cringe. Always got up with me though. Love & miss you mom.

My highlights:

Speed Buggy - first cartoon I really loved and the first comic book I ever owned.

Superfriends - corny, Aquaman is lame, blah blah blah. I don’t care. I see a clip of this show and I grin so hard my face hurts! This was my intro to super heroes, especially Superman. The first season gets dogged a lot but I still can watch it and remember how much I enjoyed it. The episode with the Flash was my favorite from that year. I remember the Saturday cartoon preview shows they used to air at night. They had a clip previewing Challenge of the Superfriends and my mouth just hung open. To see all those villains from the comics was amazing to me. When there’s so many comic related tv shows & movies today , it’s hard to communicate how much seeing the Legion of Doom meant to me as a 7 yr old. Love the series despite its flaws. I can’t swim so Aquaman was pretty cool to me. Plus, in the original intro, he did the same pose as Superman with the hands on his hips. I figured he must be a major player! I’d love a soundtrack of the music.

Tarzan: Lord of the Jungle - For some reason I looked this up online recently and started watching it. It was actually pretty good! Scary that I remembered some of the animal names from the show. Decent animation too.

Fantastic Four - remember the theme and Lurch (Ted Cassidy) doing the voice of the Thing. Actually liked that!

Godzilla - I remember enjoying it but haven’t seen it in years.

Spider Woman - I remember liking this but am amazed now that she had her own show. Then again, Plastic Man has a show.

Shazam - Jackson Bostwick was a great Captain Marvel to me. He just felt right. If only they’d had a budget!

Space Ghost or Space Stars - can’t remember what the actual name was but it was an anthology. Space Ghost was the one I remember best.

Dungeons & Dragons - right? I think was a show. I liked it whatever it was called.

Thundarr the Barbarian - same voice as Tarzan I think. Good show.

Spider-man & his Amazing Friends / Hulk - good shows but could never come to grips with how the Hulk got his clothes back when he changed back to Banner. I mean that made my head hurt!

Mighty Orbots - I watched cartoons until the mid 80’s but this was the last one that I really got excited over. Best animation I’d seen on a Saturday morning.

Worst super hero show I watched was the Thing. I’m not even going to describe it. It was brutal. Even as a kid I couldn’t accept it!
    Last edited by Jon-El; 01-04-2022 at 08:25 PM.

Spider Woman - I remember liking this but am amazed now that she had her own show. Then again, Plastic Man has a show.
    Filmation was making a cartoon block tarzan and the super 7. One of the cartoons was going to be called spider-woman. Marvel found out and wanted the name but had no spider-woman. So they created a spider-woman, threw her in a issue of the comics then rushed a caqrtoon out as fast as can be to steal the name from filmation who had to rename their cartoon web woman.

Then marvel killed the spider-woman series after one season. Not the last time a big studio would screw filmation. Ghostbusters would do it later.

Mighty Orbots - I watched cartoons until the mid 80’s but this was the last one that I really got excited over. Best animation I’d seen on a Saturday morning.
    Toymakers Tonka saw the name as a rip-off of gobots and sued killing orbots. Shame it was a fun series.

Spectacular Member

I think I just found my Twin, Jon-El Grew up in the 70s and 80s and other than adding The New Adventures of Batman, Animated Star Trek, Land of the Lost, and Blackstar this would fill out the list of fav saturday morning cartoons for me!
    Last edited by TheBlackTerror; 01-05-2022 at 11:17 AM.

I’ve been on a roll of watching old cartoons before o go to sleep. I just watched the New Adventures of Batman the other day! My memories of it were pretty vague. It was airing at the same time the Riddler was appearing on the Superfriends. The intro to Batman shows the Riddler in a purplish outfit although I don’t think he ever appeared on the show. Watched the first episode featuring the Joker and way too much Bat Mite. It wasn’t that great but it still brought back great memories. The end credits show Batman doing all these acrobatic moves and jumping into the Batmobile. I remembered that and the music pretty well. It’s funny how well I remember the end credits of all these shows. I don’t think we had a remote for the tv back then so I just sat through everything!

I remember watching Star Trek. The animation always caught my eye. Blackstar I’ll have to look up. I remember the name.

Edit: I forgot the Filmation Flash Gordon cartoon!
    Last edited by Jon-El; 01-05-2022 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    SHAZZAN!

As a nine year old at the time, that was the ULTIMATE Saturday morning cartoon year. Reruns of Frankenstein, Jr. and the Impossibles, followed by the Herculoids, Shazzan, Space Ghost and Dino-Boy, Moby Dick and the Mighty Mightor: a Hanna- Barbera heaven.
    Power with Girl is better.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Geez there were a ton of shows on each Saturday! When I was a kid in the 70’s, there were 3 networks!! Despite that, there were loads of shows to watch. I remember watching the CBS “In the News” segments. I remember them talking about sending the Voyager probe into space. I think that thing is still going!