Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I like everything he lays out for the most part. I think I would swap out Hawkeye with someone else though. To me Hawkeye is a lot like Steve Rogers right now in that he has kinda been dragged through the mud lately and it would be better for him not to be a Avenger right now. Maybe just use him as a guest star here and there or put him on a team like the Defenders. In his place you could use Kate or some other younger character.

He was going so well until he put Nadia to the Avengers team and not Janet.

That's disgusting. Can't take him seriously after that.

For the record, if you wish Nadia to be in the team over Janet then I strongly wish for your favorite characters to disappear from comics, games, movies and all kinds of media for a decade. Only fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    For the record, if you wish Nadia to be in the team over Janet then I strongly wish for your favorite characters to disappear from comics, games, movies and all kinds of media for a decade. Only fair.
    Already done, my fave died and was out of comics for about a decade. Only had some crappy alternate versions here and there.
    Now I guess it's only fair for me to wish that Janet disappears from every comic, cartoon, game and movie for a decade too.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Already done, my fave died and was out of comics for about a decade. Only had some crappy alternate versions here and there.
    Now I guess it's only fair for me to wish that Janet disappears from every comic, cartoon, game and movie for a decade too.

No see, I'm the one revenge-wishing. Not you. I don't even know your favorite character. I don't wish characters to disappear randomly. But if you have something against my favorite character therefore my pleasure, then I'm Returning the favor. That's my logic. If you hate me, I hate you. I think that's fair.

Like his videos.

He has some good ideas indeed marvel needs to decrease the number of titles being published but it is difficult to say what should be canceled because there is always someone who likes something alternative to read. Not to mention that this could have prevented the publication of Ultimates or canceled Uncanny Avengers two titles that I like.It is a difficult choice quality or variety?

I like his idea of getting the Avengers back to the mansion.

On the other hand the idea of marvel selling comics for one dollar is absurd from the economic point of view even if for a short time .
    Last edited by Knives; 09-10-2017 at 06:51 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post

Probably. But it's not helping much.
    It does to a point.

However it helps way more in trades than floppies.

Lets say you get another GOTG movie-when folks go out to the book store or library-you will have a solo trade of each team member. Excluding Rebirth Justice League and ANAD Avengers-that rarely happens.

And you might get a book that is heavily checked out and you get that underground fan building-folks who never go to comic book store but read trades. Static, Aquaman & Wicked & Divine are all guilty of this. You can barely find Static trades anymore and the few online are at blood money prices. And I have seen way more checked out to death Static trades than any Marvel or DC book.

I sometimes think they just want to take up shelf space and crowd out non-Marvel books.
    They are just like DC does.

Only thing is if you only order 3 copies and they sell out how do you take up space then?

Savage Dragon and a few Valiant titles are notorious for this around here.

His ideas for the Avengers. Not good..

The avengers need a major shake up, like morrisons new Xmen, or bendis's disassembled.

Waid again? No

Legacy characters? No (they can have their own books)

The comics should not be like the movies (which are awful)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    His ideas for the Avengers. Not good..

The avengers need a major shake up, like morrisons new Xmen, or bendis's disassembled.

Waid again? No

Legacy characters? No (they can have their own books)

The comics should not be like the movies (which are awful)
    Yes his ideas about Marvel as a whole are well thought. Avengers? Not so much.

There is no reason why there can't be 2 teams. And his line up is really, really bad.

Just reboot the universe.

IT'S TIME.

It would allow Marvel to actually build the universe from the ground up and Make the changes they have made lately blend in seamlessly, and fix what is broken.

CAPTAIN MARVEL: A reboot allows Captain Marvel to be free of all her terrible stories and allows her to be a founding member of the Avengers.

MILES MORALES: He can finally be free of his Ultimate Universe baggage. He can be some kid that Peter Parker mentors that ends up with spider powers

ANT-MAN: The slap never happened. Discovers he has a daughter decides to raise her.

Spider-Woman: It's Jessica Drew. She will be wearing the old school suit. She will not be a private eye. She will be a superhero. She will be the only Spider-Woman.

THE INHUMANS: The Inhumans can go back to being The Inhumans

MS MARVEL: Can get a new origin that has nothing to do with The Inhumans

S.H.I.E.L.D.: Nick Fury always looked like Samuel L Jackson and Coulson was always there. Agent May was always there.

OTHER CITIES GET TO SHINE:Now that we are starting over from scratch a better job can be done of moving characters to other cities.

Detroit would be the perfect city for the Punisher to get his start.
    Chicago would be a great city Captain Marvel
    Portland's unofficial motto is "Keep Portland Weird". The perfect place for the X-Men.

And that is just the tip of the iceberg. It's time for the reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Just reboot the universe.

IT'S TIME.

It would allow Marvel to actually build the universe from the ground up and Make the changes they have made lately blend in seamlessly, and fix what is broken.

CAPTAIN MARVEL: A reboot allows Captain Marvel to be free of all her terrible stories and allows her to be a founding member of the Avengers.

MILES MORALES: He can finally be free of his Ultimate Universe baggage. He can be some kid that Peter Parker mentors that ends up with spider powers

ANT-MAN: The slap never happened. Discovers he has a daughter decides to raise her.

Spider-Woman: It's Jessica Drew. She will be wearing the old school suit. She will not be a private eye. She will be a superhero. She will be the only Spider-Woman.

THE INHUMANS: The Inhumans can go back to being The Inhumans

MS MARVEL: Can get a new origin that has nothing to do with The Inhumans

S.H.I.E.L.D.: Nick Fury always looked like Samuel L Jackson and Coulson was always there. Agent May was always there.

OTHER CITIES GET TO SHINE:Now that we are starting over from scratch a better job can be done of moving characters to other cities.

Detroit would be the perfect city for the Punisher to get his start.
    Chicago would be a great city Captain Marvel
    Portland's unofficial motto is "Keep Portland Weird". The perfect place for the X-Men.

And that is just the tip of the iceberg. It's time for the reboot.
    The problem with pulling the plug for Marvel is that you are spoon feeding your fanbase a jumping off point for you entire line of comics all at one time. Which, given the last decade or so, is something that a lot of people might take. And it wouldn't put a stop to the endless hand ringing about people do over replacement and legacy characters, it might actually make it worse.

I want a total reboot, too, but I know Marvel is probably never going to do it. If it ever did happen, it would have to be a slow burn replacement. An Ultimate U style imprint that eventually rose above the MU and replaced it completely. A chance for all of your characters to restart, but keep the old ones in place for those fans that can't let go. Then slowly increase one while decreasing the other, then give the old MU a send off story and close it. But even then, the entire new universe would need to be noticeably different from the old one. Taking inspiration from the movies makes a ton of sense, but that gravy train won't last forever, so I wouldn't lean into too heavily.
    I co-host a podcast about comics. Mostly it's X-Men comics of the 90's.

Billy and Dan Read Comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    . . . S.H.I.E.L.D.: Nick Fury always looked like Samuel L Jackson . . .
    Wait . . . are you saying a guy who looks like Samuel L. Jackson should have been such a major leader of a commando squad back during World War II?!?
    (Somehow, that really flies in the face of history . . . the U.S. Army wasn't quite that inclusive back then.)

Quote Originally Posted by Goggindowner View Post
    The problem with pulling the plug for Marvel is that you are spoon feeding your fanbase a jumping off point for you entire line of comics all at one time. Which, given the last decade or so, is something that a lot of people might take. And it wouldn't put a stop to the endless hand ringing about people do over replacement and legacy characters, it might actually make it worse.

I want a total reboot, too, but I know Marvel is probably never going to do it. If it ever did happen, it would have to be a slow burn replacement. An Ultimate U style imprint that eventually rose above the MU and replaced it completely. A chance for all of your characters to restart, but keep the old ones in place for those fans that can't let go. Then slowly increase one while decreasing the other, then give the old MU a send off story and close it. But even then, the entire new universe would need to be noticeably different from the old one. Taking inspiration from the movies makes a ton of sense, but that gravy train won't last forever, so I wouldn't lean into too heavily.
    I know you're concerned about a jumping off point. They will come back. A slow burn replacement will never work because it requires the kind of time and patience we know that Marvel doesn't have. As for taking inspiration from the movies? I only take inspiration if it works. Cinema and TV S.H.I.E.L.D. works so it's in. Peggy Carter didn't work so she is out.

I think Marvel is against a total reboot because it would be admitting that they are (GASP!) getting old. Think about all those years Marvel and their fans spent painting DC as the "old" company. It's this same line of thinking that led Peter Parker to making a deal with Mephisto. Can't get a divorce that makes you look old....better make a deal with a devil.

Nope, I'm saying that Nick Fury never fought in World War 2.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Wait . . . are you saying a guy who looks like Samuel L. Jackson should have been such a major leader of a commando squad back during World War II?!?
    (Somehow, that really flies in the face of history . . . the U.S. Army wasn't quite that inclusive back then.)

Did Everyone forget about George Washington Bridge?

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/George_...ge_(Earth-616)

I know he was killed off in the Purge of 90's characters, but he was Black nick fury first.