Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Weapon X #8 (Preview) - Hulkverine!!!

http://www.cbr.com/weapon-x-8/

WHAT IS THE SECRET OF WEAPON H? Doctor Alba’s macabre experiments for the Weapon X program turned one of America’s Finest into a behemoth imbued with genetics gifts of the Hulk and Wolverine. Despite countless iterations, only he survived… What made him the perfect vessel for the curse? And how far will Doctor Alba go to recover her success story?

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I'm already bored lol. It's so slow of a story. And I really could care less who Weapon H is peraonally
    X-Men Forever

Since when is Warpath supposed to be wolverine lite? Healing factor? Do the writers just add whatever they want to the characters to fit their story ideas? He is supposed to have super dense skin combined with his strength and durability, not a freaking healing factor. He seems to be the character that writers will just add whatever superpower to fit their agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    Since when is Warpath supposed to be wolverine lite? Healing factor? Do the writers just add whatever they want to the characters to fit their story ideas? He is supposed to have super dense skin combined with his strength and durability, not a freaking healing factor. He seems to be the character that writers will just add whatever superpower to fit their agenda.
    Warpath and Logan dont have the same fighting style, at ALL. Just because Jimmy has a healing factor now (actually as early as #2 if you weren't redig) doesn't make him anyrhig close to Logan. Logan can't fly, doesn't have that degree of superhuman strength, isn't invulnerable, doesn't have super-speed , and isn't a shaman.

Plus his Vibranium knives were from Storm.Vibranium. As in, not Adamantium.

I'll be honest. I didn't have really high expectations for this book. I've read so many Weapon X stories over the years that it's kind of hard to raise the bar. But somehow, this story has succeeded. It has managed to be genuinely great in all the ways you'd want of a Weapon X story. Hulkverine may seem like a cliche, but Greg Pak has found a way to make it compelling. There's a good reason he's been one of the premier Hulk writers of the past 15 years. This series proves it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Warpath and Logan dont have the same fighting style, at ALL. Just because Jimmy has a healing factor now (actually as early as #2 if you weren't redig) doesn't make him anyrhig close to Logan. Logan can't fly, doesn't have that degree of superhuman strength, isn't invulnerable, doesn't have super-speed , and isn't a shaman.

You just answered to a bunch of stuff that I never mentioned. I never said that Logan and Jimmy have the same fighting style, I said that he is wolverine lite because he was a another character that's been given a healing factor. Did you even read what I wrote? I don't need a list of his powers, I am very aware of them and he has never had a healing factor until this series, and Pak just added them with no explanation or reason, as Warpath was one of the few characters that didn't need it nor really benefits from it story wise. I have been reading, that's why I mentioned as it is something that has never been done with the character before. You answered something that had nothing to do with my coment, here it is again, why do writers feel the need to add a random superpower to Jimmy, like flight and now a healing factor? It is unnecessary for the character and just turns him into wolverine lite instead of his own character, HE DOESNT NEED A FREAKING HEALING FACTOR. Better?

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post

His flight, degree of superstrength and shamanhood het forgotten about all the time. He's an angry tracker with knives to most writers.

Incredible Member

I remember that he can fly from before though. He just didn't like using it from what I remember. The healing factor is obviously needed since hes a close fighter in a weapon X book. That power is very standard for said book, so it should've been expected. So it is necessary for this book and hopefully will burn out by the end of this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    I remember that he can fly from before though. He just didn't like using it from what I remember. The healing factor is obviously needed since hes a close fighter in a weapon X book. That power is very standard for said book, so it should've been expected. So it is necessary for this book and hopefully will burn out by the end of this series.
    Yes, it was Ellis in one of his satellite books that added that, I mentioned because it was another random power that a writer seemed to tack on him with no real explanation (his powers are evolving is not really an explanation since Jimmys base powers have nothing to do with flight). And no, is not really necessary since he already has superdence skin that is impervious to cuts and bullets, on top of his strength, stamina, speed, hypersenses, and yes, even flight. How is it necessary to add a healing factor to all that? Domino is part of the team and she doesn't need it, I prefer when characters are more diverse in a team. Jimmy, once again, is the one character that didn't need a healing factor just based on all of his other abilities, specially considering that Pak pull this out of the air (Jimmy has never been shown to have any degree of a healing factor).

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I'll be honest. I didn't have really high expectations for this book. I've read so many Weapon X stories over the years that it's kind of hard to raise the bar. But somehow, this story has succeeded. It has managed to be genuinely great in all the ways you'd want of a Weapon X story. Hulkverine may seem like a cliche, but Greg Pak has found a way to make it compelling. There's a good reason he's been one of the premier Hulk writers of the past 15 years. This series proves it.
    I respectily disagree. William Stryker doesn't belong here they took way to long on the set up. Stryker doesn't scream WX to me. The characters are written meh. And having Sabretooth call this "team"Weapon X was dumb. I agree pal is good IMO just not on this
    X-Men Forever

Lame. Like bad fanfiction.
    And I was excited for this book the most when writers and line-ups were announced

Count me among those who hate that everyone has a healing factor these days. So lame they need to start killing them off or the power like they did to teleporters a while back.

Have they explained how a guy growing four feet when hulking put can have an adimantium skeleton. This character is the ultimate shark jumper.

Next week catch the All-New All-Different Phoenix Captain HulkVenomverine-Man!

I like the concept of the team. Though really just wish there X-Force as well as a Wolverines series. This just seems to be more about Hulk than anything else. I will be passing.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/