Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

This book feels more Xmen than Xmen

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Really? Never got the feeling myself.

Always just felt like another Avengers book to me. Rouge is cool though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Really? Never got the feeling myself.

Always just felt like another Avengers book to me. Rouge is cool though.
    Compared to Gold & Blue. The art is really good. The stories are solid and it's a true team book

Compared to Gold & Blue. The art is really good. The stories are solid and it's a true team book
    But it is also an Avengers book, not an X-Men book. We should be discussing it in the Marvel thread.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    But it is also an Avengers book, not an X-Men book. We should be discussing it in the Marvel thread.
    I don't think you get what I'm saying. This is BETTER than any of the Xmen options...this is what they should be doing in those books (Gold, Blue, Astonishing, GenX).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    They have appreciation thread in the Marvel forum right?

BANNED

since the title is uncanny avengers it is indeed a primarily avengers book with x men becoming avengers. Of Course a avenging X men title would have not been possible as not many avengers are mutants who could join their ranks unless they relaxed their mutant only rule.

I have felt this way for the entirety of vol3 of this book. The way Duggan wrote it, it really was an x-book featuring non mutants

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    I have felt this way for the entirety of vol3 of this book. The way Duggan wrote it, it really was an x-book featuring non mutants
    I also felt this way. I wonder if I will feel the same about Jim Zub issues.

Not anymore. Zub've dropped Cable and Deadpool (big links to the X-Franchise), the Professor X/Red Skull storyline is done and now Rogue's development is being regressed (no more control over her powers, no more leadership) while he's bringing in even more Avengers. Duggan's run was pretty much perfect but I'm not feeling this new one at all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Not anymore. Zub've dropped Cable and Deadpool (big links to the X-Franchise), the Professor X/Red Skull storyline is done and now Rogue's development is being regressed (no more control over her powers, no more leadership) while he's bringing in even more Avengers. Duggan's run was pretty much perfect but I'm not feeling this new one at all.
    small details:
    Duggan've dropped Cable and Deadpool at the end of his run.
    Rogue couldn't control her powers for the last few years (ending of Remender's Uncanny Avengers)
    no more leadership - we will see.
    Duggan's run was pretty much perfect but I'm not feeling this new one at all.
    Ok. I understand.
    but Duggan had easy start (Red Skull plot for example) compared to Zub.
    and even Duggan first issues weren't great. (in my opinion and critic opinion from what i see on the net).

realistically speaking Duggan should stay with them at least till Legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabu View Post
    10 bucks this issue will end with Rogue apologizing to Wanda for refusing to have her join a team & being a bitch.
    Apologizing for what? For being right? For Being concerned? The thing that bothered me about Wanda's attitude is she had absolutely no humility at all. Instead, Wanda had an attitude of arrogant entitlement. If she said to Rogue, "Please give me a chance to prove you wrong. You can even put me on a probation period if you like. Let me earn your trust. I want a place to make a home and make a difference. All I want is a chance". Perhaps Wanda could broken down Rogue's hard line.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabu View Post
    10 bucks this issue will end with Rogue apologizing to Wanda for refusing to have her join a team & being a bitch.
    I doubt it. Rogue is probably mostly mad because Wanda ditched her while Simon was still in her body. And Zub seems to feel that's justified so the most we might get is a down-to-earth talk between the two. I don't think this 'feud' will make it into 'Legacy'.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    This tbh. That opening arc was the Astonishing X-Men (2017) before Astonishing X-Men (2017).

Agreed. People think it belongs in the 'Marvel' forum, but even with this being the Uncanny Avengers, this is still both marketed as an Avengers and X-Men book and came on the heel of AvX. It's as much an X as it is an A, and it even has the two symbols in the recap/teaser pages of every issue.
    Last edited by Tycon; 09-12-2017 at 05:30 PM.

BANNED

Pretty good issue.

Liking Voodoo and Scarlett Witch together. Rogue is still kicking butt in this book so that's always a plus.

So, Beast and WonderMan are officially joining the team? Or just guest stars?

The only thing that upsets me is that Rogue still bears the scars of the m-pox. I'm hoping Wanda can perhaps cast a spell that will fix that where healers couldn't. That would certainly bring the two of them together.