Default No European Comics Forum

It would be nice to have a forum dedicated to European Comics. It would be mostly French/Belgian comics and Italian comics.

Because there are tons of French language comics (and a lot that have been translatted to english). Such as:
    • The Adventure of Tintin
    • The Adventures of Asterix
    • Snowpiercer
    • XIII
    • Spirou & Fantasio
    • Persepolis

There's a thread in the Classics and Collected section on collected Euro comics...

http://community.comicbookresources....d-Euro-Comics!

and it is a relatively slow thread, so I would guess there would be nowhere near enough traffic to justify an entire forum on the topic. I could see maybe a sticky thread in the indy section dedicated to Eurocomics to discuss stuff that's current not really "classic" to go along with the manga thread for Japanese stuff. The Euro model for release and distribution doesn't really do single issues then collected editions, so I am not sure the classics and collected is the best place for the thread to be to get attention, but I would doubt there is enough of the CBR membership into the Eurostuff to support an entire forum. I read a lot of it, having gotten into it through Moebius and the stuff Marvel released via it's Epic imprint in the late 80s and through Herge's Tintin, but have not found a lot of conversation about Eurostuff here over the years, just a few select individuals who shared the interest, most from Europe and not Americans.

So maybe contact the mods of the indy section and see if they are willing to set something up there rather than look for an entire forum for it? Or start a thread there and see what kind of interest it draws.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

We're pretty sure a forum dedicated to European comics wouldn't have the traffic to support its existence. C&C or Independents is your best bet.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Ok but European Comics are not all Indies.
    How do you know it wouldn't work ?
    There are no threads about them very active because most don't know where to find such threads.
    I could start up a few interresting threads in this forum if you need topics to launch the forum.

But it's only a suggestion, if everyone believes it's useless then I'll go eslwere.

If European comics aren't produced by any of the major publishers already represented on the current list of forums you can consider them "indies" by default. For the purposes of having somewhere to discuss them, at least.

We don't usually take the "just try it" approach to creating new forums, if we did that everyone would be clamoring for forums for their own little niche, title, or line of comics. There's got to be at least some traffic for it already before we'd even consider it.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

I agree that there wouldn't be enough traffic on a European Comics board, but at the same time, it leaves it a bit unclear where to look for or start European threads.

Maybe a boards for all translated comics or all non-American comics would work - as that would add Manga/Manwa etc - but probably not

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Why restrict it to just european? How about an International Comic Books Forum?

AFRICAN COMICS

Umzingeli
    Kwezi
    Home Guard (my favorite)
    MUMU JUJU
    EXO
    AVONOME

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    Why restrict it to just european? How about an International Comic Books Forum?
    Like I just suggested