Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoxMonster View Post
    Cry for Storm for what?
    Cry for more scenes/lines.

Playing Storm, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Jubilee in the X-movies is a waste of time. It's only for C & D-Listers. Zendaya is at least a C+/B- so she was right to turn it down, it will not do her any favors with her career. Her role in Spider-Man will prove to be bigger in the sequels to come - and she's getting more publicity with it than she'll ever have with the X-Men if she played Storm.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    Playing Storm, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Jubilee in the X-movies is a waste of time. It's only for C & D-Listers. Zendaya is at least a C+/B- so she was right to turn it down, it will not do her any favors with her career. Her role in Spider-Man will prove to be bigger in the sequels to come - and she's getting more publicity with it than she'll ever have with the X-Men if she played Storm.
    I don't remember Hugh Jackman being an A-list pre- 2000

Its more like she was wrong for the role and could not do the accent. The talented kid from Stranger Things desperately wanted to play X-23. I bet she would rather play x-23 than some normal teenage/daughter role in other Comic book films.

Well, if she signed on for more projects, like I think she did, she obviously made a better choice. Even though on paper Storm role is fairly more important, impactful, iconic and substantial than Peter Parker's love interest, in reality she was nothing more but a glorified henchwoman without any character development (aside from a swift Heel Face Turn). If you changed Storm into a random mutant, nothing would have changed save for some flashy lighting scenes. Besides, MCU triumphs X-franchise when it comes to media presence, critical acclaim and popularity, so no wonder she went with a choice that guaranteed her better exposure. Everything points to her having a storyline on her own in the upcoming sequel, coupled with her becoming a full-fledged love interest while maintaining character quirks on her own.

I haven't seen that much with Zendaya to say she's a better actress, but I know for sure she's far more popular, so her addition to the X-men franchise would boost its popularity especially amoung younger audience.

That being said, I have less problems with the casting and more with the writing and the directions they took with Storm. The scene where she points to a poster with Mystique and calls her a hero of mutant race left me nauseous.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabu View Post
    Even though on paper Storm role is fairly more important, impactful, iconic and substantial than Peter Parker's love interest...
    Biracial Mary Jane would be more important, impactful and iconic than Fox Storm, Current Comics Storm, Evolution Storm and WatXM Storm with the bad hair.

The problem is Feige is pulling a lot of coy bs and holding out from confirming that Movie MJ is the Mary Jane equivalent, even though that's what casual fans assume.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Biracial Mary Jane would be more important, impactful and iconic than Fox Storm, Current Comics Storm, Evolution Storm and WatXM Storm with the bad hair.

The problem is Feige is pulling a lot of coy bs and holding out from confirming that Movie MJ is the Mary Jane equivalent, even though that's what casual fans assume.
    Lmao, you honestly think changing white characters into POCs is more important than giving exposure and solidifing the legacy of actual POC heroes and heroines?

#SJWlogic

Quote Originally Posted by Nabu View Post
    Lmao, you honestly think changing white characters into POCs is more important than giving exposure and solidifing the legacy of actual POC heroes and heroines?

#SJWlogic
    I did not say that. Just that biracial MJ is better representation than all those milquetoast versions of Storm I listed. #BasicReadingComprehensionFail

Also, there's nothing about Mary Jane's "whiteness" that is integral to her character.

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

So it's BS now because it's already been clarified multiple times even before the movie came out that she'll be playing Michelle and not Mary Jane.

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian_Soul View Post
    So it's BS now because it's already been clarified multiple times even before the movie came out that she'll be playing Michelle and not Mary Jane.
    Lol just like how they kept insisting Marion Cotillard was not Talia in The Dark Knight Rises. The actual movie reveals that Michelle is MJ.

Spectacular Member

Marvel studios are the biggest movie franchise on earth and yet they are so freaked out by fan backlash over the Zendaya playing Mary Jane, that they are scared to fully confirm the obvious. It reminds me of the Mandarin fiasco retcon from Iron Man 3. I hope they don't drop the idea for sequels. Zendaya would make a great MJ. She does have to drop the quirky bs. That will get old real quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Child of the Atom View Post
    Marvel studios are the biggest movie franchise on earth and yet they are so freaked out by fan backlash over the Zendaya playing Mary Jane, that they are scared to fully confirm the obvious. It reminds me of the Mandarin fiasco retcon from Iron Man 3. I hope they don't drop the idea for sequels. Zendaya would make a great MJ. She does have to drop the quirky bs. That will get old real quick.
    She told Peter to call her MJ so now they would have to backpedal a LOT if they want to drop it lol. I don't think they will though, and the positive media attention over biracial MJ exceeded the backlash.

BANNED

You know I can't help but feel people saying Zendaya wasn't talented or didn't have enough range are trying to do damage control for Fox.
    Because let's not pretend that, that hasn't happened before on this board.

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

Lol just like how they kept insisting Marion Cotillard was not Talia in The Dark Knight Rises. The actual movie reveals that Michelle is MJ.
    Fiege said that's a wink to the fans. Her names Michelle Jones not Mary Jane Watson, besides they put Peter in highschool to build him up. MJ nor Gwen were dating Peter in highschool.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanMax View Post
    You know I can't help but feel people saying Zendaya wasn't talented or didn't have enough range are trying to do damage control for Fox.
    Because let's not pretend that, that hasn't happened before on this board.
    can you name anything she's ever done that showed she has range? or has she pretty much played every character the same

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian_Soul View Post
    Fiege said that's a wink to the fans. Her names Michelle Jones not Mary Jane Watson, besides they put Peter in highschool to build him up. MJ nor Gwen were dating Peter in highschool.
    Ultimate MJ was. Which is what this movie takes its cues from.