Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Ehm, facts are that she was not found inadequate for the role, but that she did not want the role. She had it in the bag and she said no.
    She had it in the bag according to who. A CBR. com countdown article lol. I will believe when proper trades say so or the actresses themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by silence. View Post
    Hollywood colourism, we're seeing it in the casting of Aladdin's Jasmine rn too. Hopefully Lupita, Danai and Letitia will help break down some barriers for dark skinned women of colour in Superhero films. Or in the case of Aladdin just the ethnically appropriate brown person would've been you know .. nice.
    Lets hope. That's one of the reasons I'm super excited for the Black Panther movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Child of the Atom View Post
    Producer: You have to learn an African Accent

Zendaya: Do I have to? I can do quirky, goofy, American accent John Hughes Storm.

Producer: Get out...
    And this is exactly what I meant about people doing damage control.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabu View Post
    Which dark-skinned actress would you like to play Storm?
    I heard that Karidja Touré auditioned for the role but was passed.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

I didn't see Homecoming, so I can't say anything about Zendaya, but I, for one, loved Shipp as Storm. Yeah, she admittedly didn't get much to work with, but I thought she carried it easily. And she can pull off an accent (unlike Halle)!

I won't speak to the racial composition of both actresses, but Shipp just looks more like Storm to me than Zendaya. Her features are a lot softer, and that just feels more Ororo-esque to me.

As for people clamoring for a Storm movie, you guys do remember that Storm didn't get a solo (ongoing) comic series until just a couple years ago, right? And that was cancelled after a year or so, so I don't think we can blame Fox for not pulling that trigger.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

That wasn't Storms first solo title it was her second or third. Storm doesn't need a solo movie but she needs some justice, but this whole franchise save DP need that too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    That wasn't Storms first solo title it was her second or third. Storm doesn't need a solo movie but she needs some justice, but this whole franchise save DP need that too.
    I'd be over the moon if Storm got her own movie. But if she just got the respect a character of her stature deserves, along with the O5 and ANAD crew, I'd be okay.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    I didn't see Homecoming, so I can't say anything about Zendaya, but I, for one, loved Shipp as Storm. Yeah, she admittedly didn't get much to work with, but I thought she carried it easily. And she can pull off an accent (unlike Halle)!

I won't speak to the racial composition of both actresses, but Shipp just looks more like Storm to me than Zendaya. Her features are a lot softer, and that just feels more Ororo-esque to me.

As for people clamoring for a Storm movie, you guys do remember that Storm didn't get a solo (ongoing) comic series until just a couple years ago, right? And that was cancelled after a year or so, so I don't think we can blame Fox for not pulling that trigger.
    Agreed! Well said. Honestly, feel like Shipp really pulled her own when creating this role from the accent to the studying of the role.

BANNED

If only we got Zendaya, the director would definitely give her more roles/senes/screentime in xmen dark phoenix

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    If only we got Zendaya, the director would definitely give her more roles/senes/screentime in xmen dark phoenix
    How did that work out again with an actual Oscar winner in the role of Storm?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    How did that work out again with an actual Oscar winner in the role of Storm?
    Well, at least Halle wasnt a background character but Halle'S popularity made her and Hugh getting more exposure on promotions like on news papaers tv news, etc.