Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Thanks for the link.

Regarding trades, I gotta say the new numbers (new to me anyway) are interesting. I wonder what the production cost difference is between trades and floppies?
    No Idea. I find it also quite intersting that the digital market seems to stagnate while the book market massively grows. And I would have expected to see a shift from floppies to digital.

But I would also like to now how much of the trade sales are actually the trades of the current series, and how much of them are "classics" or original stuff.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    You're right, it's a pretty poor theory on my part, but despite the fact that New Fifty Two Swamp Thing was part of a large company - wide event, there was a whopping 52 titles that were a part of that event and Swamp Thing sold better than Supergirl, Catwoman, Birds of Prey, and Suicide Squad all characters and teams that are far more well known by the general public than Swamp Thing.
    The general public isn't known for buying comics. DC utterly failed in getting the general public interested in the New 52.
    And Suicide Squad wasn't known at all by the general public at the time.

Among comicbook fan circles though, while Catwoman and Supergirl may be bigger names, their books are not generally popular unles some really big names are attached. Like, say, Scott Snyder and Yannick Paquette who were on Swamp thing.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

My Version of The New Fifty Two Part 5

41. Shazam (Rated E)
    After Flashpoint, Captain Marvel and other Fawcett characters are relocated from main DC continuity to Earth 5. The tone of this series will be a combination between Stan Lee - Jack Kirby era Fantastic Four and Astro City, mixed with the hear Jeff Lemire is generally known for. Written by Jeff Lemire with Art by Paul Pope

42. The Manhattan Guardian (Rated T)
    Like the Bulleteer, The Manhattan Guardian is another character who was created for Grant Morrison's Seven Soldiers Meta-series. The Manhattan Guardian character didn't really go anywhere after his miniseries, and that's a shame, because despite his personality being a little cookie cutter, the concept of the Manhattan Guardian is actually really cool. He's essentially a superhero reporter. A Manhattan Guardian ongoing series could explores many issues found in Journalism today. Written by James Robinson with art by Rags Morales.

43. Batman: The Brave and The Bolld (Rated T)
    Batman team up series. Has no relationship to the cartoon show, as is set in normal continuity, (not counting the occasional Elseworld story here and there)
    Writers and artists are various.

44. Frankenstein (Rated T+)
    Another series straight from the pages of the Seven Soldiers of Victory Meta-Series. This will have the same tone and status quo as the original Seven Soldiers miniseries, and will consist of mainly 1-part two part stand - alone story arcs. One status quo that will be changed however, is that this Frankenstein series will tie into Batman Incorporated, as Frankenstein and his organization, S.H.A.D.E. will oft be pitted against Levithan.
    Written by Mike Mignola with Art by Dean Ormston

45. Earth 2 (Rated T)
    Unlike the New Fifty Two Earth 2, this series will feature the original Pre-Crisis Earth Two, retconned into surviving Crisis on Infinite Earths, and will be less dark in tone than the actual New 52 Earth 2.
    Written by Greg Weisman with Art by George Perez.

46. Catwoman

47. Poison Ivy

48. Danial Hall: The Sandman

49. Jay Garrick: The Flash

50. Alan Scott: Green Lantern
    Last edited by Timothy Hunter; 10-10-2017 at 06:12 PM.