Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Byrne returns to DC and you want him to....

Just Imagine ..... John Byrne returns to DC!! What two projects would you like to see him take on??

I'd give him a relaunch of DC COMICS PRESENTS but featuring team ups rotating between Superman, Supergirl, and a current version of Superboy. That would let him do a wide variety of DC characters and focus on the Super family.

Second, I would choose the version of Starman that was created by Ditko years ago in ADVENTURE COMICS or Ditko's original Rac Shade, the Changing Man. I'd love to see Byrne cut loose on a Ditko creation.

BANNED

1) Making coffee.
    2) Spellchecker.

Frell that guy.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Jeeeeeeeeesus, why the hell would I want that?

I prefer Byrne to be whatever he is now, cause he's completely ignorable at the moment.

Completely ignorable John Byrne is the John Byrne.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Thumbs up

... go somewhere else; Rebirth is doing just fine without the guy who destroyed Jean Grey!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I love classic Byrne, but I do not want him touching any book right now. Sorry John.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I do not care about John Byrne. At all.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I've always appreciated his work, even if his own beliefs and opinions are not mine.

I'd try anything he did due to the aforementioned like for his previous stuff, mightn't stick with it, but I'd definitely try it.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Like everyone else has said, I wouldn't want John Byrne within a million miles of these characters. I like his older work but he is not one the older creators that have transitioned well into the current era.

And, yes, he's allegedly a total tool so... nah.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Seriously, I'd want him for something for Action 1000. He played a big part in Superman's history and tjhat should be noted. Other than that, a variant cover here or there but not much else. His best days are behind him and he hasn't produced much recently.

I would give John Byrne a shot at doing some characters who existed between the end of the Justice Society and the birth of the Justice League (which in the sliding timeline, now pretty much covers the area of the 1950s thru the 1990s). I know he did the Lost Generation book at Marvel with Roger Stern, but there are so many existing characters who could work within that time period (and without resorting to teams that were specifically created to fill the gap, like the Justice Experience). I say, since a lot of people view Byrne as a throwback, let's use that to the book's advantage.

i'd give him another universe to play with like what Bruce Timm did with Gods and Monsters or one of the high concepts universe from multiversity to play it. It's his own playground and it could live or die on its own term.

I would give him Shazam featuring the Marvel Family
    and Freedom Fighters featuring Uncle Sam

BANNED

Fixing the lights in the basement.

an one shot on Action 1000 and that's all

Love Byrne, but I'm the first to admit that his did not age well. However, maybe he'd surprise us. I think he would do better in his own self-contained universe. I'd give him Earth X and the Freedom Fighters.

Peace