Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

For those that didn't catch it, #18's cover.

#18 cover.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if anyone on the Suicide Squad actually speaks Chinese? I'd guess Deadshot and Katana probably would.

Ah, Kenan's grown on August General in Iron .
    I'm still wondering who the other great ten members are, and still not sure who the villains are. Also wondering where kenan's family drama is going to lead.

BANNED

Happy Batman Day!

happy batman day.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by assam View Post
    happy batman day!

happy batman day.jpg
    hahahhaahah.. The same..

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    That was me Katana500 and yep, I have to admit I'm happy to sort of being proven right about it.

spoilers:
    Though amusingly my other big Kenan ship, IE him with Avery, kind of gets some traction with her being his "Lois" in the Death of Superman homage.
    end of spoilers

Really loved this issue. The Suicide Squad amusingly enough pretty much had no real role or story here that couldn't have been done by others in the book, but hey a crossover is a crossover.

Laney Lan was a total red herring.
    I think Kenan's love interest will be either Avery or Ming Ming. Not the first time a Super and a Flash get together, althrough JL3000's Superman made Kenan look meek, nice and timid. Actually, if we go by the Hitch arc in JL, its not even the second time, heh.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
    Laney Lan was a total red herring.
    I think Kenan's love interest will be either Avery or Ming Ming. Not the first time a Super and a Flash get together, althrough JL3000's Superman made Kenan look meek, nice and timid. Actually, if we go by the Hitch arc in JL, its not even the second time, heh.
    What Hitch arc? The current future kids story?

I'm somewhat banking/hoping on it being MingMing as it reminds me a lot of Conner's love interests. The fairly normal scientist/reporter (MingMing/Tana Moon) or the superheroine (Avery Flash/ Wondergirl). And I'd love Kenan and MingMing to be together to sort of avert the casual only a superhero can be with a superhero etc... that publishers often default on. (Especially since Tana fans are bothered to this day about the way her death was handled to get her "out of the way").

BANNED

I really hope Kenan ends up getting together with MingMing. The two do have chemistry, and it would feel much more natural to me. With Avery, it'd be the same problems I'd have with Jessica and Simon getting together in Green Lanterns:1) The tired trope that the main male character will get together with a main female character, and 2) They aren't being written in a way to suggest that there's anything beyond close friendship. In both cases, they are bros.

Plus, when an Aqua-Man or Lantern of China join, it'd be a little awkward if they were the only one not dating someone on the team.

(Especially since Tana fans are bothered to this day about the way her death was handled to get her "out of the way").
    Ooooooh yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I really hope Kenan ends up getting together with MingMing. The two do have chemistry, and it would feel much more natural to me. With Avery, it'd be the same problems I'd have with Jessica and Simon getting together in Green Lanterns:1) The tired trope that the main male character will get together with a main female character, and 2) They aren't being written in a way to suggest that there's anything beyond close friendship. In both cases, they are bros.
    I think they definitely have a bros dynamic, but I also feel like that could organically develop into a romance, if that's the way Yang wants to handle it.

I'm perfectly fine with MingMing though .

Astonishing Member

Yeah while I'm banking on MingMing myself the fact they went out of their way to have Avery be his "Lois" in the homage certainly set up some flares in a way.

Avery and Kenan are definitely "bros" but that same attitude between them and competitiveness is really close to being flirty which amused me ever since they introduced her to the book.

BANNED

Avery and Kenan are definitely "bros" but that same attitude between them and competitiveness is really close to being flirty which amused me ever since they introduced her to the book.
    Its what instantly sold me on her. I don't read Barry's book so this was my introduction to her, and much like the other relationships in this book, it felt immediately genuine as well as ripe for comedy gold.