Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Default New Super-Man #15 preview

http://www.cbr.com/exclusive-beware-...-super-man-15/

Man I love the first page. This reminds me of the 90s comics in good ways, how the very different characters from different corners interact.

Brent Peeples? First time I see his name, at least in the credits of a DC comic book. Decent fill-in artist.

I wonder if anyone on the Suicide Squad actually speaks Chinese? I'd guess Deadshot and Katana probably would.

Ah, Kenan's grown on August General in Iron .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Ah, Kenan's grown on August General in Iron .
    NAWWWW.

Also, REALLY looking forward to seeing the Squad get destroyed. They better be at least. I hate that they're even in this book, and the only redeeming factor will be if the JLC schools them.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Also, REALLY looking forward to seeing the Squad get destroyed. They better be at least. I hate that they're even in this book, and the only redeeming factor will be if the JLC schools them.
    They couldn't beat the American Justice League without Killer Frost so I can't imagine they'd do much better against the Chinese League.

Enchantress is probably their biggest problem.

cannot wait! Im super excited! I love NSM!

Was about time to see the great ten again.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

spoilers:
    Another Really Enjoyable Issue!

I think whoever said that MingMing will end up as Kenans main love interest instead of the news reporter a few issues back I can definitely see it.

I don't think I ching will be gone for long. No way they keep him dead. If they did I would be very shocked and suprised.

I don't know if you are supposed to like Kenans parents. I'm not really sure if I'm meant to read the issue and like Dr Oman now since she is very bossy and rude and not nice.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

That was me Katana500 and yep, I have to admit I'm happy to sort of being proven right about it.

spoilers:
    Though amusingly my other big Kenan ship, IE him with Avery, kind of gets some traction with her being his "Lois" in the Death of Superman homage.
    end of spoilers

Really loved this issue. The Suicide Squad amusingly enough pretty much had no real role or story here that couldn't have been done by others in the book, but hey a crossover is a crossover.

yeah suicide squad was a little pointless! But I love this book so much I cant complain!

Also I really dont know who I want to end up with Kenan. I hope MingMing will win out in the end.

Astonishing Member

Plus that ending will definitely be fun to see. I wonder just HOW old Chin Lung is in this universe. And whether he remembers the Pre-Crisis universe. The book keeps playing the old timeyness of the art in appearances with him to reference Detective Comics #1 but I wonder if that's supposed to be LITERAL or not.

I canīt understand this transformation... Is like after Superman Doomed the Superman character had a few cells of Doomsday in his body and for this the clone was transformed in this thing..

POOR KENAN, HIS PARENTS ARE LIKE BRUCE WAYNE AND TALIA... VERY DIFFERENT..

1937... One year before SM first comic..
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-15-2017 at 07:52 AM.

Incredible Member

Didn't Chin Lung use a bit of Doomsday Virus on the Turtle Monk? He def has some of that.

Ching ain't dead, he's yin, he dispersed into shadows, its what yin is all about.

BANNED

Reminder that the second trade comes out early next month. Trades are this book's lifeline so get it if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Reminder that the second trade comes out early next month. Trades are this book's lifeline so get it if you can.
    The first one isn't out here in France.. I'll try to lobby the editors here for it, I think