Page 44 of 53 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: The Orville

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    While they haven't gone into it, I assumed there was some degree of genetic engineering involved in pregnancies rather than the species being naturally hermaphrodites.
    No genetic engineering. They are naturally hermaphrodites.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Is the Moclan threat to ally with the Krill even possible? The Krill are religious whackjobs who believe everyone other than themselves to be soulless abominations. Is it even possible to ally with them long-term?
    Not unless the Krill becoming more accepting.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    No genetic engineering. They are naturally hermaphrodites.
    Wait, that is the actual explanation of how the males can reproduce? Then how can there be males and females if everyone is both sexes in one body? What differentiates a "male" from a "female"?

Mighty Member

Really dumb decision by Bortus to reveal that female Moclan baby to his son.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Really dumb decision by Bortus to reveal that female Moclan baby to his son.
    Yeah, because pre-teens are awesome at keeping secrets.

Even dumber that he still thinks his marriage to Klyden can be saved.

Retired

It was a risk but Bortus is a good father and wants his child to become a more compassionate being--as well as the fact that this child will probably learn the truth one day, don't want the kid to end up self-hating.

What a delightfully fucked up episode

spoilers:
    I was all geared up for the cliche ending, and it turns out she was from a fractured timeline anyway!!
    end of spoilers
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Loved the hiding from the Kaylon Scene and the Dance Club Scene

Retired

You know who was cuter. I have the same question I had re: Iris West-Allen on THE FLASH--if you could make yourself look younger and cuter with a little make-up and doing something with your hair, why wouldn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    You know who was cuter. I have the same question I had re: Iris West-Allen on THE FLASH--if you could make yourself look younger and cuter with a little make-up and doing something with your hair, why wouldn't you?
    Riker grew a beard to quit being called baby face some people prefer to look their age especially when in positions of leadership where experience is valued and looking older helps with giving that impression.

Retired

And then you spend the rest of your life trying to look younger. Given the option, I'd rather look too young than too old.

Very good episode. This kind of time travel stories also give me headaches trying to really understand it all haha. It's clear that Ed loves Kelly very much, and I also think Kelly loves him too but she also cares about her career and is trying to be a professional. Maybe she's also very scared if things get too complicated with Ed and doesn't want to lose him again. Such a fun dynamic and also silly in some way, but it's ok. Hope they are endgame, though.

The final scene with young Kelly... SPOILERS

It seems she remembered. How is that going to change things?! I really appreciate that this show tries to change things a bit and keep us on out toes.

The club party LOL! I had a silly grin on my face. This kind of humor really works because it's organic not forced, IMO.

I wonder if this was a little about Seth dating Halston Sage?

Best line, Ed: "I got a B+ in Time Travel. Nobody can get an A."
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Retired

Next episode is like Schrödinger's Cat for me--I have no idea if it will be a good time travel thing or not. It could go either way. I like time travel stories, but I hate stories where a change in one period suddenly occurs in the other time period. That makes no sense to me, because the change in the past has changed everything for those in the future--they don't remember it, it was never their experience, it didn't happen for them. Like with Flashpoint on THE FLASH, the other characters keep beating up on Barry for that--but it never happened for them, it only happened for Barry because he's able to retain memories of other timelines. He didn't hurt them, because they're essentially alternate reality versions of themselves.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I don't know if it was a case of Past Kelly having some fragment of memory, or if it was simply that she isn't guaranteed to make the same decisions she did the first time. As she said earlier, her decision on whether to accept a second date with Ed or not was something that could have gone either way. This time, it went the other way.

Which means we now have a new timeline, and in the "present" Ed and Kelly will never have been married. Other things may be different too. Ed and Gordon's friendship may not be the same. Isaac may be gone because this version of Kelly became different enough not to argue his case to the high command.

I found the narration of this episode to be irritating, unnecessary and distracting. I have no idea why they're doing it and can only hope some explanation will be forthcoming next week. Is the narrator maybe some kind of Q-like being who can pull a deus ex machina to get them out of their fix?

Retired

If Kelly has retained her memories then that's a strike against Dr. Finn.