Page 30 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: The Orville

Man, Ed really can't catch a break. Nice use of Billy Joel at the end of the episode, though.

Gordon's command evaluation reminded me of Deanna Troi's. While the answer to her simulation was to order Geordi to sacrifice himself, I wonder how Gordon was supposed to find a diplomatic solution with the Krill.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I doubt he's going to be a regular, but if he is, it's off to a bad start. I like the show well enough but the whole joke about unique and sometimes brutish looking aliens talking like regular joes at a bar but it's really the workplace is getting stretched pretty thin if it's their *only* gag. Hell, I don't think I know many regular joes who talk like that anymore, and if they do, it's not treated like a joke usually.
    I have mixed feelings about Warburton's character, but that I can agree with. It feels like the skull-headed dude, who they use sparingly, is the best instance of the regular joe type on this show.

Ultimate Member

Interesting episode. I didn't mind them handwaving away the issue of DNA and glad they made reference to it

I enjoy this show so much. Apart from the Season 2 premiere, every episode has been really good. It's my Star Trek fix lol.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I enjoy this show so much. Apart from the Season 2 premiere, every episode has been really good. It's my Star Trek fix lol.
    I didn't like the first two episodes of this season that much. They seemed kind of boring. But these last two episodes of The Orville are why I liked Star Trek so much. Too bad they aren't making Star Trek anymore.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Gordon's command evaluation reminded me of Deanna Troi's. While the answer to her simulation was to order Geordi to sacrifice himself, I wonder how Gordon was supposed to find a diplomatic solution with the Krill.
    Maybe the real test is how long it takes you to realize the only way to beat this scenario is creatively reprogramming the simulation?
    Or teaching the alien captain the game of fizzbin?
    Or finding an advanced alien race to force a truce (or at least let you kill the other captain with a dodgy gerry-rigged cannon
    We already know that the Corbamite maneuver doesn't work.

Ultimate Member

If memory serves the actress that just left the show is on the two part Magnum PI event that started on Sunday and continues on Monday...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    If memory serves the actress that just left the show is on the two part Magnum PI event that started on Sunday and continues on Monday...
    Yes, Halston Sage will be on Magnum PI. But a guest role with no guarantee for future appearances doesn't seem to be a great trade-off for a main character role, even if CBS is a bigger network.
    Hope that wasn't her motivation for leaving The Orville. Bird in the hand....

Ultimate Member

I was only saying that she was on the show, not that she was going to be a regular...her being blonde on Magnum threw me for a bit...

I was only saying that she was on the show, not that she was going to be a regular...her being blonde on Magnum threw me for a bit...
    I read that the actress that played Alara is dating Seth McFarlane.. I hope she comes back because I like the character. Her goodbye episode was great and made me like her even more.

BTW, I found this ratings. I included Gotham for comparison. I hope we get a season 3..

L+7 Ratings for Thursday January 10th:

Gotham- 1.14 with 3.93 Million Viewers

The Orville- 1.55 with 5.85 Million Viewers

Ultimate Member

I had heard that she was but had heard that they had split up which could have been one of her reasons for leaving if it was her call...

I had heard that she was but had heard that they had split up which could have been one of her reasons for leaving if it was her call...

or maybe she just wanted some time to play other roles? I really felt she was going to come back later near the end of the season.. hmm

I read comparisons to Dr Beverly Crusher in TNG. She left one season but came back later..

They were dating but stopped last year. Who knows why she left, but I think McFarlane gave her a nice send off.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Half way through the episode and I have to say this is an interesting concept

spoilers:
    is discrimination based on Astrology all that more absurd than other predjudices?
    end of spoilers
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Half way through the episode and I have to say this is an interesting concept

spoilers:
    is discrimination based on Astrology all that more absurd than other predjudices?
    end of spoilers
    You make a good point.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Finished the episode, I do like the ending question.

spoilers:
    What will happen when they realize the star is fake? Have they just delayed the inevitable, have they saved a culture from itself, have they created a new enemy. Glad it was at least addressed.
    end of spoilers

In regards to the new security chief, I think I like her, while they're the same species personality wise she's not an Alara clone she's far more blunt. Might take me a couple episodes to get used to her.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!