Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Thread: The Orville

Nice to see Tuvok. And of course the Hologram Doctor earlier in the season
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Incredible Member

Thought it was a little strange that he brought the time capsule all the way up to the Orville. But I guess he was either a friend of Mercer's or one of his instructors and knew of Mercer's interest in the 20th century and thought Mercer would get a thrill out of what was in it.

Wonder if the replicator could make nicotine-less cigarettes for Bortus to smoke.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Riker did it first...I think in the Binar story? I recall an ep where he was amazed at how the holodeck character felt like a real woman.
    This was the episode I had in mind. It was in the first season, I believe.

Also, if memory serves, the first reference to Riker loving jazz music. But I could be wrong about that.

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Nice to see Tuvok. And of course the Hologram Doctor earlier in the season
    Don't forget phlox was in the episode with the holographic doctor as well
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Uh, Tuvok, that's not what "WTF" stands for.

Wasn't it Geordi who did that? And then that woman came back in another episode, saw the simulation, and got pissed?

I liked this one and it worked for Gordon. His comment to Mercer about the Krill woman and Isaac in general had some validity to it. I thought the episode was going to end with Gordon looking the woman up and finding out what she ended up doing with the rest of her life.
    Honestly, I half-expected her to be Gordon's ancestor (like her ex and Gordon's dad having the same name, but then I realized the math wouldn't work out unless Gordon's dad was the latest in a long line of Gregs) not once, but twice (with the photograph at the end).

My mind's been going all Futurama lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Honestly, I half-expected her to be Gordon's ancestor (like her ex and Gordon's dad having the same name, but then I realized the math wouldn't work out unless Gordon's dad was the latest in a long line of Gregs) not once, but twice (with the photograph at the end).

My mind's been going all Futurama lately.
    you are not the only one who thought the same thing..

I mean, we all knew this was going to end badly somehow.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Considering their history of working together, how long will it be until Patrick Stewart shows up?

Mighty Member

That Bortus cigarette addiction storyline was great.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Considering their history of working together, how long will it be until Patrick Stewart shows up?
    If CBS is doing a Picard series for their streaming service I doubt CBS would want him working for the competition.

Astonishing Member

I was hoping for a spooky twist, where after the selfie - guess what selfie appears on the real phone.

Good episode.

New Episode today, 10 minutes in and I want Klyden to die again. Getting real tired of him, Bortis can do so much better.

edit: Spoilers great episode.

spoilers:
    Seems all these Mocclan issues have finally come to a head, and it's finally been said "How long are we going to turn a blind eye just because their our major weapons supplier". Also while the majority of this episode was pretty heavy, the music of the revolution was hilarious. The last 50 minutes cemented my already well established fuck Klydon stance, but it's good to see Topa taking more after Bortis.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Kusanagi; 04-11-2019 at 07:03 PM.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    New Episode today, 10 minutes in and I want Klyden to die again. Getting real tired of him, Bortis can do so much better.

edit: Spoilers great episode.

spoilers:
    Seems all these Mocclan issues have finally come to a head, and it's finally been said "How long are we going to turn a blind eye just because their our major weapons supplier". Also while the majority of this episode was pretty heavy, the music of the revolution was hilarious. The last 50 minutes cemented my already well established fuck Klydon stance, but it's good to see Topa taking more after Bortis.
    end of spoilers

Yes, sort of like spoilers:
    would we tolerate that level of intolerance if they didn't have oil?
    end of spoilers

Another very good, complex episode.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Retired

A good episode, but a few nits I have to pick. First off I was looking at the credits at the beginning to see Marina Sirtis' name and it was buried with two other actors--I expected she would get a special guest star credit of her own. Second, I had hoped the next time Isaac showed up they would deal with some of the aftermath of his actions. And third, the magic jumping from point A to point B to point A--I thought it takes a long time to get to Earth yet they hop over there in a small vessel and then back again in no time.

Oh and also Kelly displayed some extraordinary strength. Is she Wonder Woman?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Oh and also Kelly displayed some extraordinary strength. Is she Wonder Woman?
    No, she's Mockingbird.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I was surprised to see Tony Todd buried under all of that Moclan make-up, too. Quite and episode for guest stars.