Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Default New trade: Superman by Mark Millar

So we've had small rumors of Mark Millar coming back for a gig, and now for the first time his Superman run will be collected. Coincidentally, the release date looks very on point for the 80th anniversary. I have a hard time imagining that this won't tie in to some new work, actually.

here's the listing

Fantastic Member Man_of_Tomorrow's Avatar

Are the stories from AoS stand-alone reads?

BTW I hope you are right, when Millar announced that he will do one Marvel event or a Superman project and the warm reception towards the latter, I have been in the edge of my seat waiting for him to return.

Considering marvel promises no events for another two years (Probably a lie) I imagine Millar will probably return to Supes.

Unfortunately the strange thing is that Action Comics #753-755 and the part of the 80 page giant are part of a long story not printed in full here, King of the World. Then Adventures of Superman #576 is part of the Y2k crossover. However, they're not hard to understand, just unfinished.

Incredible Member

I don't think Millar's Superman is happening anymore. He's stopped talking about the project entirely and now that he's made a deal with Netflix I think he will dedicate himself 100% to that.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    I don't think Millar's Superman is happening anymore. He's stopped talking about the project entirely and now that he's made a deal with Netflix I think he will dedicate himself 100% to that.
    I hope you're wrong. I was so hyped.

The trade will be in this month's solicit if not next. Millar is a shrewd businessman who's practically made his name a brand. If DC and Millar see a mutual benefit in garnered interest for this, it may not help but it won't hurt.

And the fans if they don't get new Millar, still get Millar. I doubt too many people have read or remember these comics well. I've reread the stories recently and in particular, Action Comics #754 is still one of my all time favorite issues, so cool.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    I hope you're wrong. I was so hyped.
    He's working full time as president of Netflix's Millarworld division. I highly doubt that Superman story is happening anymore. Unless his contract doesn't preclude him from writing for other companies, but in the light of this development I don't think writing for DC is high on his list of priorities right now.