Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought that was just conveying her limber figure .
    Not to the point of relieving her of her spinal cord

Bruce and Selina also look way too bland there. I think the expressions are okay, it's just... the facial features are so dull, even if they are both very pretty.

For the sake of my sanity, I'll refuse to believe this was the only reason Doyle left.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Not to the point of relieving her of her spinal cord

Bruce and Selina also look way too bland there. I think the expressions are okay, it's just... the facial features are so dull, even if they are both very pretty.

For the sake of my sanity, I'll refuse to believe this was the only reason Doyle left.
    I think Finch draws Selina in-suit better then most but her face isn't as good as Janin's.

BANNED

Looking at it the feeling I have is that the face and the bottom body are one figure and the mid section is another drawing.

That back doesn`t match the pose but drawing does that. Sometimes you only notice it later.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I think Finch did a fine job. But I'm a lot less picky than many on comic art. Not that artists don't rub me wrong in certain ways, but I'm not as discriminating with my eye. I've always been more of a writing critic with comics and less art.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I think Doyle left not JUST because of Finch, but that the Finch incident showed Mark that he & Tom were not on the same page enough with their visions for the book. If they fought over this, then a good chance their preferences might differ again down the road. Maybe this fight wasn't their first even.

(All that said, this Finch incident seemed to play a significant role as either the last straw or such a big first fight that Mark felt he needed to move)
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-11-2017 at 11:42 AM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I think Doyle left not JUST because of Finch, but that the Finch incident showed Mark that he & Tom were not on the same page enough with their visions for the book. If they fought over this, then a good chance their preferences might differ again down the road. Maybe this fight wasn't their first even.

(All that said, this Finch incident seemed to play a significant role as either the last straw or such a big first fight that Mark needed felt he needed to move)
    Yeah, it seemed to me that it was just the straw that finally broke the camel's back rather than "The Reason" as King was making it out to be.

(All that said, this Finch incident seemed to play a significant role as either the last straw or such a big first fight that Mark felt he needed to move)
    Which is kind of ironic given Doyle was the one who helped King get Grayson.

Any editor who let King get away with his shitty dialogue and trite storytelling should have been replaced. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I think its very likely that there is more to this than just a fight over an artist because at the end of the day that's a pretty dumb reason to leave unless Doyle and King have been butting heads a lot over things like this. If they have then fine but if not then this seems to be a bit of an overreaction on Doyle's part. Ten to one odds it also has something to do with someone higher up the chain even if King is being made out to be "the one" who caused it. If he's feeling like he did something ecause someone laid blame on him but he isn't actually to blame then shame on DC staff.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 09-11-2017 at 02:23 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Any editor who let King get away with his shitty dialogue and trite storytelling should have been replaced. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise.
    Honestly, I'm just hoping we don't get someone who wants an overly grim dark Batline across the board because that, in my opinion, would suck.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Honestly, I'm just hoping we don't get someone who wants an overly grim dark Batline across the board because that, in my opinion, would suck.
    I suspect that comes down to an overall editorial mandate and a direction that's plotted during retreats.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I think its very likely that there is more to this than just a fight over an artist because at the end of the day that's a pretty dumb reason to leave unless Doyle and King have been butting heads a lot over things like this. If they have then fine but if not then this seems to be a bit of an overreaction on Doyle's part. Ten to one odds it also has something to do with someone higher up the chain even if King is being made out to be "the one" who caused it. If he's feeling like he did something ecause someone laid blame on him but he isn't actually to blame then shame on DC staff.
    I imagine King might have went above Mark's head to demand Finch. It seems like Mark felt pushed out or pushed aside and I'd guess he simply sought less dramatic pastures. It all probably wasn't soooo win/lose though, I'd bet Mark is fine enough with his move. Not fine with the incident, but fine enough his move. He knows King is planted there, so you gotta move.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-12-2017 at 11:55 AM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Did DC ditch the idea of character family editors as a result of this?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Did DC ditch the idea of character family editors as a result of this?
    What do you mean? Don't we still have character-specific family editors for the line overall?

This is a tough one just taking the art out of the picture some of the worse decisions in comics are editorial mandates. But the idea of a writer having the power to replace an editor also doesn't sit well with me.