Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

TBH i gave up on Agents of SHIELD in the first 6 episodes and jumped back in when the Inhumans showed up and stayed for Ghost Rider which was awesome (they actually are better than the netflix shows at handling a supernatural character(s)).

So to me it is worth it because i honestly did not give a **** about Coulson before he got his hand chopped off and became more flawed (granted he could have always been flawed i just didn't care to watch and see).

I think the inhumans gave the show a strong sci-fi element that was to unique to it rather than before where it was oneoffs and tie-ins to the movies. I do think they did screw up by making it their sole focus and they played up the mutant-lite angle without capturing what made the inhuman different to me.

Surrogates are fine but you still gotta capture what makes the character distinct. Having Green Arrow stand in for Batman is fine but you gotta capture what makes the GreenArrow/Superman dynamic interesting and different the Batman/Superman one (for example).
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 09-11-2017 at 03:06 PM.

The series starts off as being mediocre, and takes a hard right towards quality at the end of season 1. The Nuhumans plot isn't very good, IMO, although it is elevated slightly by Kyle MacLachlan. It's not enough to bring the series down, and certainly the last LMD plot line was very good, bolstered by excellent performances by the great John Hannah, Mallory Jansen, and an excellent version of Ghost Rider.

BTW, while I don't think much of the Nuhuman storyline, I'm going to take the no doubt very unpopular view is that actually a bigger weakness in the show is Agent Coulson I can't help but find him a character who was effective in his movie appearances, but is less interesting the more you see of him.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Don't you think you maybe misread it? Or just read someone's really unpopular opinion. Cause what everyone says is that the beginning is awful but it gets good later(with the Nuhumans, but that's not the only thing imo). Well, technically it gets better after the Winter Soldier tie-in in season 1, but Season 2 is better in general. If you already enjoyed the episodes that most people thought were meh, than yeah, I'd say is most probably worth watching.
    Pretty much this. I think the Inhumans plot ran out of steam in the middle of the third season, but the second season got better when Terrigenesis got thrown in the mix.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Thanks for the advice, I think I'll keep watching it.

On another note, is Agent Carter worth getting into? I don't know if I want to get into it if season two was left with big unresolved plot points.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Season One is worth watching without a doubt.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Thanks for the advice, I think I'll keep watching it.

On another note, is Agent Carter worth getting into? I don't know if I want to get into it if season two was left with big unresolved plot points.
    technically it's just a cliffhanger at the end of season 2 that felt unresolved, everything else was great and resolved. Think of it like toy story 2 where the problems are still around but they decided to deal with it differently.