Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Writers used to do this all the time but more subtly, and then the majority of the ones who did it left.

I'm glad Bendis is getting his own continuity right, at least.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

I wonder if it's possible to get Mary Jane and Black Cat out of the Bendisverse ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Claremont had Misty Knight and Jean Grey as roommates when he wrote both stories. Marvel is best when it has little tie-ins to show they're all part of the same universe and it's always been much easier to do this when you're writing all the stories. I wouldn't read too much into this as anything different.
    Have they had Misty meet young Jean?
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

This has been A Thing at Marvel for a very long time. Gruenwald, in particular, was quite adept at it. Plotlines regarding Project PEGASUS and the Ultimate Class Wrestling would flow from Marvel Two-In-One to Thing to Captain America to Quasar, alongside characters like D-Man and the Serpent Society. In recent times, Al Ewing has essentially carved a niche out based entirely on this, with his Avengers saga flowing from Mighty Avengers to USAvengers and branching into his other titles. Frankly, I think it's cool that Bendis is doing it relatively organically. Good on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Have they had Misty meet young Jean?
    I don't know if there are enough writers who actually remember Misty and adult Jean being roommates to think that meeting is worth anything .

BANNED

do the O5 belong to bendisverse if they turn out to be alt versions?

They've already been revealed to be alternate versions, at the end of All-New X-Men, the Hopeless series.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    do the O5 belong to bendisverse if they turn out to be alt versions?
    I'll give this a strong maybe. Since the stuff we're discussing in this topic are currently happening in the titles Bendis is personally writing and the O5 are being handled by different writers both in theiR team books and solo series I don't think it would be a good idea to use them so freely as that would involve a lot of back and forth talks between Bendis and the X writers. Cameo appearances, a quick hello, and of course the one off Spidey team ups should be safe territory though.

well this stuff happens all the time no?

He used Echo in Moonknight after using her in Avengers. Other writers true characters all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    well this stuff happens all the time no?

He used Echo in Moonknight after using her in Avengers. Other writers true characters all the time.
    not the way Bendis does, imo. he uses characters to completion; usually making them unusable to others. Echo died in that very short Moon Knight book. adult Bobby Drake is now perma-gay (I don't mind the change but it was a significant one).

Extraordinary Member

If that means he can stop laying hands on certain characters and messing up others' continuity, then I am all for it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    adult Bobby Drake is now perma-gay (I don't mind the change but it was a significant one).
    And this makes him unusable to others how exactly?

Now that I think of it, how is Echo unusable to others? She's just dead. That's like having a bad flue in the MU.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I think killing her off was a bit bad particularly since it wasn't a memorable death (she isn't Bendis's character anyway, fwiw, she was created by David Mack). However, she's back so it's all good.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?