Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Really? You were just bragging up all of the different ways that Storm can use her powers, and now you are saying that she doesn't even need to choose which power to use, she just happens to go with the right one. Uh-huh.
    I didn't say it, it was actually written that Storm can activate her powers with less then a conscious thought.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Yes, with less then a conscious thought.
    How is it possible for Storm to attack someone without so much as thinking "attack someone". Your current argument is that the fight will start and Storm, staring down Crystal, will attack Crystal, without even deciding to attack Crystal.

I didn't say it, it was actually written that Storm can activate her powers with less then a conscious thought.
    So, again, to be clear, Storm will choose to attack someone, without choosing to attack someone?

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Movement speed doesn't prove faster reflexes. Show us some legitimate feats of Storm dodging bullets after they have been fired and that would be a clear indication that Storm is going to attack faster than Crystal. Have you ever noticed the absence of bullets in most X-comics? That's because too many mutants lack the ability to dodge or endure getting hit by gunfire, and Storm is Exhibit A.
    While I agree with the point you are trying to make, Storm is more like Magneto in that she can block bullets with her powers which doesn't need speed to begin with.

That said, she's had a lot of comics, I'm sure she's got some examples of quick drawing if people dug around enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    If Storm does not think "lightning!" before Crystal thinks "attack with thing!" this has no meaning, along with your question. The question you are using to ignore what multiple posters are putting to you as a concept has no meaning to the concept before you. Like none.
    No, I'm saying. If Storm thinks lightning bolt and Crystal thinks fireball which will hit first?

Which attack will hit first.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    How is it possible for Storm to attack someone without so much as thinking "attack someone". Your current argument is that the fight will start and Storm, staring down Crystal, will attack Crystal, without even deciding to attack Crystal.
    See, now that's where things get kind of funny with Storm...because she mentally and emotional connected to her powers/environment she is able to attack things almost instinctively.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 09-12-2017 at 01:03 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Now here is a possible bullet-time feat for Storm:

But's that just one feat, so possibly an outlier. It also looks like she was already wielding her wind powers, so it was possibly just a minor adjustment to what she was already doing, as opposed to a cold start at the start of a rumble.

No, I'm saying. If Storm thinks lightning bolt and Crystal thinks fireball which will hit first?

If they somehow manage to attack at once? Flip a coin.

Anyway, just to go back to something, when in comics has Storm specifically, intentionally attacked someone, without even needing to decide to attack them?

Also, the text in that picture indicates that one of these mooks stomped on Storm's ankle. Is he a bullet-timer, too? If so, he deserves a better costume and a colorful codename.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    maybe you are looking at someone else's scan but the one I posted show her flying past several people fast enough to blow them off their feet. Storm has several speed feats and there is no need to post them all here to make a point. the poster stated neither had any which was an incorrect statement. Storm has several crystal has none.
    So no, it was yours.

Flying fast over someone, and the sonic boom knocking them off their feat is not a speed feat for the purpose of reacting. That's what we call a travel speed feat and is otherwise worthless in combat.

And actually, it is relevant. If you're going to make a case for someone having a specific level of speed, you need evidence, and enough of it to make a legitimate case. Burden of proof, is in you.

Also, again, you need more than a handful of feats, she's been around for 40 years, if she has hundreds/thousands more feats of her not being particularly fast, she's not particularly fast. There's no way around d that.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I reckon that's irrelevant, because even if that happened Crystal getting fried by lightning doesn't erase the fire ball from existence, so both die.

Now, if Storm has an inherent elemental immunity to fire, n that's a different story. Not the ability to counter fire, but to be essentially lit on fire while asleep and have it not matter.

As an aside. There's maybe ten characters who ALWAYS have threads that go a very specific way.

It's like, a guarantee.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

The speed of the attack doesn't matter, like Cap Morgan said. All that matters is who is going to fire off her attack first. Who has better reaction time feats between Crystal and Storm?
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Just as a thing, the fire option is certainly something to discuss, but when Crystal could instead go for just having the ground beneath Storm's feet blow up at/scour her, kind of moot.

Again, this is basically "the battle of the glass cannons with thought activated area kill powers", in the battle of the glass cannons with thought activated area kill powers, it doesn't really matter how hard you can hit past "can you hit hard enough to kill a human being" or how wide you can hit past "can you hit the immediate fight location" If the answer to both of those is yes, then the next question becomes "okay, then how fast can you think 'use powers'"

For a change from almost every single other "this is a quickdraw" thread Storm finds herself in, some people are at least managing to acknowledge and engage with the concept and providing speed feats of at least some kind for Storm, which people then debate the weight/validity of or not, instead of just completely ignoring it, which is a pleasant change.

*starts the whole thread responding about the quickdraw thing*

*keeps popping his head in*

*each time thinks "Nope. This looks like... hmmm... what's the opposite of fun? Yeah, let's leave this to Pen. He's got it covered."*

*exits guiltily*

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    As an aside. There's maybe ten characters who ALWAYS have threads that go a very specific way.

It's like, a guarantee.
    At least one of them seems to have a club that rallies to these threads.