Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Red Robe Jaldari View Post
    She and Boba Fett also banged.
    Are we talking about Daala? I thought that she was Tarkin's protégé/mistress?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Could somebody actually name the character in question please?
    Natasi Daala.

I'll take characters no one misses for 500 Alex

seriously Daala was an awful character at pretty much any stage of her existance

It was a Traviss book.
    and there's everything you need to know really

I had a couple Legends authors whom I considered instant signs of a good book, namely Zahn, Stackpole, and Allston

Travis was the opposite version of that.

BANNED

In an LOTF book. It was a Traviss book.
    Ah, one of the only parts of the EU that made George Lucas go "Nope, not happening in my universe".

It's also established that Boba Fett had a wife, daughter, and granddaughter as well.

The novels/comics of course brought back Fett and sort of made him even more of a foil for Han Solo, although things got a silly and over complicated at times (Fett piloting a Star Destroyer single-handledly, his sudden embracing of Mandalore traditions etc). especially when AOTC arrived with Boba's true origins, which led to quite a few retcons (For instance, "Jaster mereel" was actually a buddy of Jango's and got confused with Fett, or something like that)-although the "Fett was once an Imperial stormtrooper" backstory kind of fit (and is pretty close to Fett's production origins anyway).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

In an LOTF book. It was a Traviss book.
    Read those. Fett did break her out of jail, but I don't recall any details in regards to what you were saying. Remember the specifics?

(Now it was established that Daala was Tarkin's lover.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Fantastic Member Red Robe Jaldari's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I'll take characters no one misses for 500 Alex

seriously Daala was an awful character at pretty much any stage of her existance

and there's everything you need to know really

I had a couple Legends authors whom I considered instant signs of a good book, namely Zahn, Stackpole, and Allston

Travis was the opposite version of that.
    She just needed a strong editor. No Prisoners was fine and the first Republic Commando book was good. Del Rey could not care less. Just look at the podoo covers they approved.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Read those. Fett did break her out of jail, but I don't recall any details in regards to what you were saying. Remember the specifics?

(Now it was established that Daala was Tarkin's lover.)
    Posts form an another board. i googled it. Page 1, the last 2 posts.

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/s...with.50012981/

iMan 42s

I almost feel sorry for some writers since it couldn't have been easy reconciling certain information with what happened in the movies. I think in Boba Fett's case certain stories got moved over to Jodo Kast when things didn't really work. Personally I felt the post-ROTJ universe worked best when it focused on other characters, as I feel like I remember a Star Wars Insider issue that had a segment that devoted some time to the inconsistencies. Not like this doesn't happen now in a three year old timeline but it's not as glaring at least.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Posts form an another board. i googled it. Page 1, the last 2 posts.

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/s...with.50012981/
    Oh, yeah, I hang out on that forum a lot.

Still not remembering anything about Fett and Daala having a relationship though. (I checked on Wookieepedia, they don't seem to mention it in the "relationships" section.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Oh, yeah, I hang out on that forum a lot.

Still not remembering anything about Fett and Daala having a relationship though. (I checked on Wookieepedia, they don't seem to mention it in the "relationships" section.
    Banging /=/ relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I almost feel sorry for some writers since it couldn't have been easy reconciling certain information with what happened in the movies. I think in Boba Fett's case certain stories got moved over to Jodo Kast when things didn't really work. Personally I felt the post-ROTJ universe worked best when it focused on other characters, as I feel like I remember a Star Wars Insider issue that had a segment that devoted some time to the inconsistencies. Not like this doesn't happen now in a three year old timeline but it's not as glaring at least.
    Basically if I remember correctly, the old bit about Boba Fett fighting with Marvel's version of the Mandalorians during the Clone Wars was retconned to be the work of a rogue Clone trooper: (explained in the "Behind the scenes" in this article) http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Spar

Of course there are other examples of Fett retcons around....
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Banging /=/ relationship.
    The point is, from my brief examination of the article in question, there's no evidence that ever happened. Is there a specific reference than can be consulted to prove that wrong? (e.g. which specific book established it?).

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Basically if I remember correctly, the old bit about Boba Fett fighting with Marvel's version of the Mandalorians during the Clone Wars was retconned to be the work of a rogue Clone trooper: (explained in the "Behind the scenes" in this article) http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Spar

Of course there are other examples of Fett retcons around....
    Yeah, for the most part, Fett's stories remained Fett's stories, just with explanations tacked on to explain the discrepancies. Spar for the Marvel stuff was an exception (and even that retcon has a few holes in it now.)
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

The point is, from my brief examination of the article in question, there's no evidence that ever happened. Is there a specific reference than can be consulted to prove that wrong? (e.g. which specific book established it?).
    I did the best i could. It's in that forum thread on the first page which i posted.