Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    farmernudie,

As a gag, I pretended that YOUR screen name was actually some kind of sock puppet account I'd created. And when people on the message boards turned around and started treating you like me-- when you had the smallest taste of some of that (and not even from every quarter)-- you shuttered your account. Your wife set up an account just to message me and ask me to wave a magic wand and undo it. And I effectively did. And for that brief window of time YOU were singing a completely different tune than the one you're playing here on the board now.
    Singing a different tune?? Where in my original post was I talking about creators stealing my ID as a "gag" (that you never asked permission to do btw) and where did I deny people were angry for me secretly being you? (and why bring this rare weird incident up out of the blue) I was talking about (all) the customers who were told to move on that weren't being rude in any way. NOT talking at ALL about how (a) customer got their identity stolen and how (I) was treated. But yes you're totally right I was attacked for "secretly being you for years"! I was called a liar and many things for not divulging the "fact I was you" for years. That I betrayed everyone at many forums for secretly being you.

Again, I thanked you and so did my wife when this happened half a decade ago for straightening the mess out very kindly, although you caused the mess (admittedly that I thought it was clear it was a gag but others obviously didn't get the gag part)

My post was only about the times people got slammed for simply sharing their opinions. Such as how you just did me again. Telling me my opinion that people were treated rudely on various forums, was bs. If you want to bring up internet identity theft ("gags") on customers, that is not typically "fun" for customers either ...and obviously as you bring up, caused an uproar (and chaos) with other customers towards me and you.
    Last edited by farmernudie; 09-16-2017 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    A large part of my enjoyment of Spider-Verse didn't come from the main story, more the expanded material. Nice little stories from some of the great Spider-Writers like the increasingly rare treat that is Roger Stern, the newspaper strip getting acknowledged, the damage control to Mayday by Tom DeFalco, and the little short that introduced RYV Peter.
    Well, the fact that the side stories were better and more interesting than the main story in the main book says a lot...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by farmernudie View Post
    We're talking about two COMPLETE DIFFERENT TOPICS NOW. you changed it.
    No. It's all of one piece. You're just choosing not to see it.

I'm talking about higher ups, and I named NO NAMES who attacked people at times overly defensively for simply saying very nicely on various boards they didn't like the new mandate and direction. They were often told very sarcastically & condescendingly to stop reading and move on. Still not naming names.
    They were boards you were active on. And it's a little deceptive to tell one side of it, when those "overly defensive" higher ups were not really responding to fans "simply saying very nicely" things. Many times those message board posts were rude, insulting, and way beyond the pale when it came to attacking not just that "non named higher up", but also people he worked for and people who worked with him. Many of these messages no longer exist because board moderators had to issue warnings and scrub those posts for insulting and really messed up things. I'm sorry you had to endure any collateral "sarcasm", when that editor was regularly dealing with people who said he and other people should be punched in the face-- over Spider-Man comics.

You're talking about nasty fans who've attacked you. Sure that happened too. Wasn't talking about that at all.
    And that's part of the problem. That stuff was going on and none of the "nice" posters on the boards were commenting on it-- or giving any thought into how that might make someone like that "no named higher up" respond.

These aren't different topics. It is all of one piece.

They were boards you were active on. And it's a little deceptive to tell one side of it, when those "overly defensive" higher ups were not really responding to fans "simply saying very nicely" things. Many times those message board posts were rude, insulting, and way beyond the pale when it came to attacking not just that "non named higher up", but also people he worked for and people who worked with him. Many of these messages no longer exist because board moderators had to issue warnings and scrub those posts for insulting and really messed up things. I'm sorry you had to endure any collateral "sarcasm", when that editor was regularly dealing with people who said he and other people should be punched in the face-- over Spider-Man comics.

And that's part of the problem. That stuff was going on and none of the "nice" posters on the boards were commenting on it-- or giving any thought into how that might make someone like that "no named higher up" respond.

These aren't different topics. It is all of one piece.

The people who were kindly, not insulting anyone, simply stating they didn't like the new direction, who received snarky responses on various forums, that i observed, is ALL i'm talking about. That specific subset group.

I'm not sure what one earth you're talking about. From what i keep reading, you're talking about EVERY forum post ever, lumping them together, i take it, to justify various marvel peeps for being quite rude at times with customers back then. I've already admitted several times that i've seen rude people towards you also. I was NOT talking about THEM.

Most of your ranting here sounds like you're still just mad at a certain site which is odd. (and i wasn't even thinking of posts from that site, so maybe you shouldn't dwell on them for decades) Time has moved on. Do you still spat with them or something? I don't even want to know! I was active on many sites, the site you seem still obsessed with I posted on the least and never stayed at after being treated rudely, by some, after your identity theft incident. But some were also quite nice. Regardless.

You stealing my identity and causing chaos across forums everywhere with a "gag", (some forum threads that you can still google and read about if they haven't rebooted or deleted those half decade old scoops of us by now) is an entirely DIFFERENT topic. Someone mad at me for supposedly betraying them for years and years (for secretly being YOU and not telling them all that time) and THOSE ANGRY EMOTIONS OF BETRAYAL has nothing nothing nothing to do with THOSE PEOPLE only who were KINDLY sharing their views and getting attacked snarkily at various sites. I'm surprised you even brought this old "event" up since stealing my identity isn't exactly one of your better judgments, joke or not. How long did you get banned from here and elsewhere for internet identity theft anyway? Any "typical person" would have 100% for sure faced a hefty punishment on the boards for causing the amount of chaos you did (for Internet Identity Theft) that rippled everywhere for more than weeks, even to boards and forums that i had never heard of before. I could not go back to some sites even, even after you "fixed it" because some people were STILL thinking I was actually Dan Slott!!!! You at the time sure got everyone talking about the "big news" that farmernudie was dan slott all along. You apologized to my wife and I, and tried to fix it, which again was nice, but part of an apology is not bringing up your past mistakes again. So nice apology
    Last edited by farmernudie; 09-17-2017 at 04:34 PM.

Incredible Member

The people who were kindly, not insulting anyone, simply stating they didn't like the new direction, who received snarky responses on variations forums, that i observed, is ALL i'm talking about. That specific subset group.
    But that's the point. That is "all" you're talking about. You're ignoring all of the stuff in groups you were in. In groups you did participate in. Places where truly horrible things were said about people that person worked with and for. And you were just one of the many bystanders who did not jump in and go, "Maybe that's too much." Since it was a collection of people you liked hanging out with-- and they were the ones acting horribly, you let it slide.

If there were posts where people were "simply stating" (a walk back from your previous "nice") and those posts were met with snark, I sure as hell didn't see them. I actually saw the person you're referring to be very frank, open, and accessible to people who were not insulting him or meeting him with multiple posts of online bile. You really do have a rose colored view of a lot of people who were being quite vicious with that person. It's frankly a little weird.

You stealing my identity and causing chaos across forums everywhere with a "gag"....
    Flag on the play. Set the wayback machine:

Steve Wacker and I were arguing the case for people using real names instead of screen names on these boards. We were saying that people's views would hold more weight if they used their actual names-- and that anyone using a wacky screen name could be anyone-- that the freedom of anonymity was also the freedom to act without common courtesy-- that it made it too easy for people to say things that they'd never say to someone's face in the real world. And members here at CBR (yourself included) were making the case that screen names were no different from pen names (Samuel Clemens' "Mark Twain" name was brought up a couple of times) and that someone's views were just as valid if they used their real names as if they used their screen names.

And I made a grand total of 1 post - where I said that I had a secret to reveal, that you were actually a screen name that I came up with.

And that was patently absurd. You'd been on the Spider-Man boards before I ever jumped on. You'd been on other boards around the net. I would've had to have played an insane long game for any of that to be remotely true. It was ludicrous.

And some of the bat-shit-crazy people from one of the sites you liked to frequent ran with it. They were the ones that ran around the internet like deranged Paul Reveres. This wasn't some Machiavellian plot I'd hatched. It was 1 post that anyone with half a brain could've told was a joke. But this is the internet. And some of the same people who said that Brand New Day writers & staff should be punched in the face and that Joe Quesada should be lynched, those "kindly and not insulting anyone" people were the ones that went all loopy-- like everyone in the TWILIGHT ZONE episode "The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street".

I could not go back to some sites even, even after you "fixed it" because some people were STILL thinking I was actually Dan Slott!!!! You at the time sure got everyone talking about the "big news" that farmernudie was dan slott all along. You apologized to my wife and I, and tried to fix it, which again was nice, but part of an apology is not bringing up your past mistakes again. So nice apology
    I apologized for inadvertently providing any kind of catalyst for those horrible people. And I did my best to try to do what I could to fix it. I'm sorry that for some people-- common sense and simple logic didn't clear everything up (why would I have had an account on farming sites?!).

And thank you for the way you spoke up when those same people were treating Marvel creators and staffers in hostile, insulting, and threatening ways during those early days of OMD and BND. Oh wait. You didn't do that. Very few people on those sites did. And when those rare people did, they were talked down to-- and in some cases-- felt pressured to go off into separate/segregated virtual "club houses" in order to have their say. It was surreal. I hear complaints that some pros should act a certain way online. But rarely do I hear that certain subsections of fandom should act certain ways too when interacting with other people.
    Last edited by Dan Slott; 09-18-2017 at 01:45 AM.

They were boards you were active on. And it's a little deceptive to tell one side of it

You're absolutely right Dan. I shouldn't be one sided. The reason i saw various marvel people being rude to those who hadn't said anything rude at all, on VARIOUS sites, is all because of some weird spat you had or have going with ONE site that you keep referring to. On top of that, after years of this rudeness to fans popping up various places, you stole my identity HERE in a "gag" unrelated to anything we're talking about on the OMD direction and people's opinions of it. People were rude to me on VARIOUS sites because they thought i had duped them for years when i was really not me but you. Meanwhile years passed and people are still annoyed and confused with OMD and it still has nothing to do with you stealing my identity.

So you win, various people at Marvel were justified for telling customers snarkily to move on for years at various sites, my original point that you've turned into God knows what.

But that's the point. That is "all" you're talking about. You're ignoring all of the stuff in groups you were in. In groups you did participate in. Places where truly horrible things were said about people that person worked with and for. And you were just one of the many bystanders who did not jump in and go, "Maybe that's too much." Since it was a collection of people you liked hanging out with-- and they were the ones acting horribly, you let it slide.

If there were posts where people were "simply stating" (a walk back from your previous "nice") and those posts were met with snark, I sure as hell didn't see them. I actually saw the person you're referring to be very frank, open, and accessible to people who were not insulting him or meeting him with multiple posts of online bile. You really do have a rose colored view of a lot of people who were being quite vicious with that person. It's frankly a little weird.

Flag on the play. Set the wayback machine:

Steve Wacker and I were arguing the case for people using real names instead of screen names on these boards. We were saying that people's views would hold more weight if they used their actual names-- and that anyone using a wacky screen name could be anyone-- that the freedom of anonymity was also the freedom to act without common courtesy-- that it made it too easy for people to say things that they'd never say to someone's face in the real world. And members here at CBR (yourself included) were making the case that screen names were no different from pen names (Samuel Clemens' "Mark Twain" name was brought up a couple of times) and that someone's views were just as valid if they used their real names as if they used their screen names.

And I made a grand total of 1 post - where I said that I had a secret to reveal, that you were actually a screen name that I came up with.

And that was patently absurd. You'd been on the Spider-Man boards before I ever jumped on. You'd been on other boards around the net. I would've had to have played an insane long game for any of that to be remotely true. It was ludicrous.

And some of the bat-shit-crazy people from one of the sites you liked to frequent ran with it. They were the ones that ran around the internet like deranged Paul Reveres. This wasn't some Machiavellian plot I'd hatched. It was 1 post that anyone with half a brain could've told was a joke. But this is the internet. And some of the same people who said that Brand New Day writers & staff should be punched in the face and that Joe Quesada should be lynched, those "kindly and not insulting anyone" people were the ones that went all loopy-- like everyone in the TWILIGHT ZONE episode "The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street".

I apologized for inadvertently providing any kind of catalyst for those horrible people. And I did my best to try to do what I could to fix it. I'm sorry that for some people-- common sense and simple logic didn't clear everything up (why would I have had an account on farming sites?!).

And thank you for the way you spoke up when those same people were treating Marvel creators and staffers in hostile, insulting, and threatening ways during those early days of OMD and BND. Oh wait. You didn't do that. Very few people on those sites did. And when those rare people did, they were talked down to-- and in some cases-- felt pressured to go off into separate/segregated virtual "club houses" in order to have their say. It was surreal. I hear complaints that some pros should act a certain way online. But rarely do I hear that certain subsections should act certain ways too when interacting with other people.

Are you even sure you are you? This is a bunch of odd stuff.

but yes there were some ape crazy responses to that gag, from various sites tho, to be fair. i was crucified holy cow

At any rate, my wife says hi and asked who i was talking to. I told her you, and she was like, is that the comic book writer guy who stole your identity in a joke years ago. lol funny she remembered this

Spectacular Member

Holy derailed thread, True Believers

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
    And people wonder why sales are slumping.

Incredible Member

At any rate, my wife says hi and asked who i was talking to. I told her you, and she was like, is that the comic book writer guy who stole your identity in a joke years ago. lol funny she remembered this

To "steal" your identity would've required some very serious planning.
    Not an off-the-cuff joke in 1 post.
    And it would have also needed a number of people not to have been incredibly-- like on a whole unique, extra special kind of stupid.

Hi to the Mrs.!

(*EDIT* Wonderful. Some people-- on a different section of the internet-- people with ZERO reading comprehension are taking this derailed part of the thread to say that I created a sock puppet account during all of this. WHAT?! Can someone point out where *that* fantasy scenario happened? Oy.)
    Last edited by Dan Slott; 09-18-2017 at 01:50 AM.

If I had to go up against Batman, I wouldn't want to talk about it either.
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 09-17-2017 at 06:03 PM.

To "steal" your identity would've required some very serious planning.
    Not an off-the-cuff joke in 1 post.
    And it would have also needed a number of people not to have been incredibly-- like on a whole unique, extra special kind of stupid.

(Especially when my *real* alter ego has been "Lazyking" this entire time.)

Hi to the Mrs.!

lol Oh i know, i never knew i had to proclaim in personal messages over and over or publicly, that i wasn't Dan Slott any more than i am not Stan Lee nor am i Abe Lincoln~those were very odd bad times lol then people still wanted "proof" lol!!

Best yet, you were right, i wrote farming equipment and tractor reviews back then for various sites under this same name, and then people thought you were writing tractor reviews for years also as a cover for being me lol!!
    Last edited by farmernudie; 09-17-2017 at 06:32 PM.

Incredible Member

Best yet, you were right, i wrote farming equipment and tractor reviews back then for various sites under this same name, and then people thought you were writing tractor reviews for years also as a cover for being me lol!!
    Like I have that amount of free time for a gag.

(How *do* fictional characters have time for alternate identities?)

Can we all just agree that people on both sides of the issue have done nasty things to each other at different times and leave it at that?

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spider-Man View Post
    And people wonder why sales are slumping.
    because of off topic threads on cbr? that's a unique perspective...but i like it!
    troo fan or death