Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Default DC Dark Knights Metal is the biggest event since Death of Superman!

So many comic sales charts are reporting that Metal is the biggest event since Death of Superman .....that was like 25 years ago. I wasn't even born then. Snyder and Capullo sell man and of course Batman. Doomsday Clock might be even bigger. .

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I'm glad for Snyder and Capullo. While I have certain philosophical differences with Snyder, I think he does some great fun stuff with Batman comics. I'm really excited for All Star's continuation as special prestige releases (that are not under the All Star banner). Snyder and Sean Murphy's arc is coming eventually.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-12-2017 at 12:47 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I knew putting Snyder and Capullo on a DC event would be big, they're the team that put Batman on the map, but Death of Superman big ?

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I knew putting Snyder and Capullo on a DC event would be big, they're the team that put Batman on the map, but Death of Superman big ?
    Yeah...METAL has me intrigued, but I don't see any overall hype nearly as big as DEATH OF SUPERMAN, which drew mainstream media attention and had people lining up outside comic shops.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    but I don't see any overall hype nearly as big as DEATH OF SUPERMAN, which drew mainstream media attention and had people lining up outside comic shops.
    Oh yea, it will be nothing like that hype and attention.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

no, no it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Yeah...METAL has me intrigued, but I don't see any overall hype nearly as big as DEATH OF SUPERMAN, which drew mainstream media attention and had people lining up outside comic shops.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    yeah, while Metal may sell quite well it will never reach the level of Death of Superman. like you said it had mainstream media attention and was like one of the most talked about pop culture events of the year/decade. i remember my parents, who never read a comic book in their lives, talking about Superman dying.

while Metal may sell, i think DC has had bigger events since DoS.

As big as this...?
    Really?

http://www.fortressofbaileytude.com/...h-of-superman/
    http://www.fortressofbaileytude.com/...edia-coverage/

Would be nice if it reached Star Wars #1 level, though, even if I don't care much for the event.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 09-12-2017 at 01:37 PM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Are we talking about sales or hype? Although Metal is doing extremely well, I don't think it's reached DoS levels.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    no, no it's not.

yeah, while Metal may sell quite well it will never reach the level of Death of Superman. like you said it had mainstream media attention and was like one of the most talked about pop culture events of the year/decade. i remember my parents, who never read a comic book in their lives, talking about Superman dying.

while Metal may sell, i think DC has had bigger events since DoS.
    When they make a skit about it on SNL, then I might believe it's comparable to Death of Superman.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Thisseems promising, but I would have expected this big.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Empty is thy hand!

Hype. Hype! HYPE, regardless of facts!

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I don't know why there are people disagreeing with the thread title. OP just stated facts that a DC event has not sold that high since death of superman.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

...wait, what?!?