Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Avenger ages

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    A number of Marvel's super genius have skipped some grades and gone to college earlier than 18 so would of achieved degrees, masters and doctorates far younger than most people do.

Reed Richards started college at 14. Charles Xavier started college at 16. Tony Stark started college at 15. I believe Hank McCoy had a more advanced education than the rest of his peer X-Men because of his intellect. No one has ever gone that in-depth into Hank Pym's background but it wouldn't be surprising if he went to college younger than normal as well.
    It was mentioned at some point (not sure if it was when Hank was in prison and talking to that shrink, telling him about his life) but he did say that he got his doctorate while people his age were just starting college. I'd have to find the exact panel and the exact quote, but it was mentioned at some point.

For the rest, yes you're right

Dr. Strange could easily be in his 50s. It is written into his storyline that he no longer ages physically (or ages very slowly) so appearance means nothing. Roger Stern used to have great fun with this having people recall the surgeon Dr. Strange and then decide the man before them could not be him because "he's too young."

But, to get through medical school, he had to already be in his mid to late 20s. Then he had to build a reputation as a great surgeon. Figure ten years for that. Then he goes to Tibet and studies long and hard to be a mystic. That easily gets us into his mid to late 40s. Then we add the years since his first appearance in Strange Tales--that puts him in his 50s with no problem.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Quote Originally Posted by Tulku View Post
    Dr. Strange could easily be in his 50s. It is written into his storyline that he no longer ages physically (or ages very slowly) so appearance means nothing. Roger Stern used to have great fun with this having people recall the surgeon Dr. Strange and then decide the man before them could not be him because "he's too young."

But, to get through medical school, he had to already be in his mid to late 20s. Then he had to build a reputation as a great surgeon. Figure ten years for that. Then he goes to Tibet and studies long and hard to be a mystic. That easily gets us into his mid to late 40s. Then we add the years since his first appearance in Strange Tales--that puts him in his 50s with no problem.
    Strange has lived several lifetimes. I'm not interested in his chronological age; only the physical.