BANNED

Default The Disaster Artist

The trailer for the film The Disaster Artist about the making of the film The Room. If you haven't seen the movie The Room yet, just know that if you're a fan of America you'll probably be a fan of it too.

This movie is looking way better than I thought it would, and I thought it'd probably turn out pretty good to begin with.

BANNED

Lol the room might be one of the funniest movies i ever watched. Made funnier by the fact its not suppose to be. Its the king of "So bad its good"

Quote Originally Posted by Za Waldo View Post
    Is this guy mentaly ill? He doesnt seem to get that ppl are laughing at him not with him. Hes either ill or brillant and is playing the charatcer to get the attention.

I'm kind of interested in Disaster Artist. Franco annoys me a little bit but the Room is pretty ridiculous. That movie is kind of perfect.

Fantastic Member

Recently watched The Disaster Artist. Great film! I've always been interested in what goes on "behind the scenes" of Hollywood, and this was a fascinating look at the process - while also having a great story & solid cast.

I had never heard of The Room prior to this film, which is not surprising - given that it showed at only one theater back in 2003, and has never been well-known. I know it's supposed to have some kind of cult status, but even so I've still never heard of it - LOL. It's funny that more people have probably seen TDA than have seen The Room.

The film also really illustrated how incredibly expensive it is to make movies, and how they rarely (if ever) turn a profit.

TW reminds me a lot of various B.S. artists I've run into in my life, i.e. people who are extremely secretive about their past & when they do let some info."slip through", these details end up being questionable & far-fetched. With these people, you never really know what to believe - or not believe. And, after a while you stop trying to find out more about them because you don't trust that what they're telling you has any element of truth. However, the difference between TW & these people I've run into is that he had the cash to support/back up his unlikely dream - i.e. make a movie.

I also thought the ending was interesting, i.e. TW showing the movie to an actual audience, and everyone laughing their heads off - which increased as the film progressed. Obviously, he intended the film to be a drama, but it had the opposite effect on the audience. However, the audience reaction was very true to life. I.e., I have seen numerous films that try to be too serious & end up being unintentionally hilarious.

Nice to see the various cameos, especially Sharon Stone