Default Theory: Is Old Man Logan a Prequel to 2099?

Or more specifically, is Earth 298 (2099) a possible future for Earth 807128. (Old Man Logan's Universe) Think about it.
    People in the Wasteland worshipped Thor's hammer. I could see it turning into a full-blown religion... Like the Church of Thor in 2099!
    And a gripe people have about the 2099 universe is "How the fuck did these evil corporations take over with all these heroes around?"
    Well, what if they were all dead, just like in Old Man Logan?
    It's also worth noting that mutants are pretty rare in 2099, and mutants were going extinct in Old Man Logan, so this also lines up.
    You may also wonder how things got so advanced so soon. Well don't forget, this is the Marvel Universe. Many heroes and villains have advanced or alien technology. And without a dozen heroes and villains preventing the public from getting their hands on this advanced technology, it's plausible that things culd get cyberpunked.
    And while the Wastelands are apocalyptic, they still have remnants of society, and have things such as a government, so it's reasonable to say they still have corporations and businesses.
    A fact backing up my claim is the fact that, depending on what source you believe, 2099 was possibly caused by a war between mutants and humanity. This could be a war between average humans and mutsnts who took the place of villains in Old Man Logan's time. (Because let's be honest, mutants would be the only population of people who could rise up and take the place of villains after the uprising. This is because freak accidents or genetic tampering would be less likely.) The other explanation is that the world got so bad not because of some great cataclysm, but because of distrust and greed. This could be related to the events that transpired on the night the heroes fell in Old Man Logan quite well, and fill in a few holes. If the superhero community was distrustful of each other, it'd make sense why they wouldn't all get together and fight the villains. If the heroes were separated into small groups due to trust issues, it'd make sense why they'd be split up. And don't forget, if they were at each other's throats, they probably wouldn't even notice the villain uprising coming.

And, another fact possibly backing up my theory is the events that transpired in All-New X-Men Annual #1 by Brian Michael Bendis. As you can see in the images below, Old Man Logan and Spider-Man 2099 are both included in this art.
    IMG_0351.jpg
    IMG_0352.jpg
    IMG_0353.jpg
    While it is possible that these are different universes, it isn't explicitly stated that they aren't one timeline/universe. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Geek Mangacomic; 09-12-2017 at 05:28 AM.

Nobody interested?

Takes time to digest. I wouldn't mind hearing your other ideas. I 'm not a great Logan/Old Logan fan. I did enjoy some of the 2099 series.

How would you see this affecting some of those titles? If I recall right, it was thought/believe that the FF of FF2099 were someone 'our' FF, but either displaced in time or maybe they were somehow unknowingly cloned (I'd rather bank on the first).

Or Doom 2099, which some have believe was also 'our' Doom.

Astonishing Member

While I wouldn't be against it as a retcon one of the bigger mentions in Old Man Logan was Red Skull killed Captain America and took his shield. The original Captain America with shield was in fact found cryogenically sealed away or somesuch in 2099 with shield at one point.

So while you COULD argue it a few ways to make it work IE Red Skull lied and sealed Steve away as a prize or killed Bucky and Bucky had a replica of the shield etc..., it's certainly not intended as such at least so far, though could be fun.