Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Hopefully after this saga, the "Jon is attempted to be corrupted" angle takes a LONG break.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

So apparently I'm hearing that Oz has murdered his brother Zor-El over at the Supergirl ongoing. Damn! On second thought, maybe he won't be above trying to murder Jon or even Clark, should he feel the need to.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

https://twitter.com/thedanjurgens/st...19313358462976

Well, I was surprised to find out that people were actually outraged by the scene of Superman saving immigrants. I guess Mr Oz has a point after all

Action Comics (2016-) 987-021.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post

Well, I was surprised to find out that people were actually outraged by the scene of Superman saving immigrants. I guess Mr Oz has a point after all

i wasn't surprised at all. right wing pundits have been foaming at the mouth about immigrants.

but if you really want to see the evils of humanity all you have to do is look at any internet comments section.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Man View Post
    I'm still pissed that DC leaked that lenticular cover for the next issue and gave this away weeks ago.

I know many are assuming Manhattan is responsible for Jor-El being saved on that cover, but could it be that Veidt is using Manhattan's power to manipulate events?

I also find it very interesting that Jor-El shares the very same outlook on humanity that Veidt did. This quote from an interview with Gibbons is quite relevant in light of today's revelation:

"One of the worst of his sins [is] kind of looking down on the rest of humanity, scorning the rest of humanity."

Maybe Veidt is behind Jor-El's abduction or became aware of it if Manhattan was responsible. He's been manipulating Jor-El since then, giving him the necessary resources to counter Manhattan's manipulation of the DCU. Jor-El would then be Veidt's pawn in his battle against Manhattan...
    I really hope you are right and this turns out to be the case. I thought the issue was good, but the reveal of "Not Ozymandias" was a disappointment for me. I feel like we were being teased Watchmen interaction, it was seemingly being built up, and then in the last month or so it became a Jor-El, Capt. Atom/Monarch-esque swerve. That's a part of what had me excited and interested in Oz to begin with. That said, I'm here to see where the story goes though.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    Maybe I'm in shock and denial but what if this is an elaborate trick by Adrian Veidt to harm supes psychologically like he did with Dr Manhattan? I hear Superman soon leaves earth (just like Dr M. did) after a major crisis of faith. Leaving Veidt to complete his plan...

Or would that be too much of a good story? Your thoughts?
    That would be cool. Here's hoping.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

This is definitely not his real father.

I smell a swerve

I can only pray it is really Jor-El. Because while I'd probably not have done the same thing, they did, and they plan to capitalize on the emotional fallout for quite some time to come. If you're going to tell that story, tell it and have it mean something for at least some decent amount of time. I mean I know how comics work, something like this is bound to be retconned away eventually. But the key word is eventually. You don't render the whole thing pointless immediately by revealing it wasn't real in the first place.

This on top of my already recorded issues with trying to play the fake-out game with a character you've kept secret for three years. There are other ways to mitigate the damage it could do in the short-term to Jor-El's legacy. Mind-control, mental illness, blackmail, etc. They laid down their hand, now play that hand. Wussing out will only guarantee this all sucks and is a giant waste of time.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-14-2017 at 07:43 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Cover for Detective Comcs 966 depicting which Oz prisoner made it out

Spectacular Member

So Tim vs Doomsday.

Stupidest thing of all.

Oh my god... where is all this going?

Let me guess, they will beat him because they are Batmen?

Lets consider this for a moment. Dr Manhattan pretty much considers himself to come from a "real world". Because that's what The Watchmen were, it was a real world where fictional characters were put in and their existence influencing the history of 20th century. Now he comes to DC Universe, a "fictional world" where humans ideals are held to unrealistic standards and there is one super hero particularly whom Manhattan sees as his counterpart. Becoming curious of what he fights for andwhat he represents, Manhattan thought to himself "if only he witnesses real humanity like I did, I wonder what his solution would be? How he will deal with darkness beyond his imaginary world?" and so he begins his grand scheme with Jor-El as one of key components of bringing Superman to the edge of his abilities and morality. What if The Oz Effect is a preparation for Superman to finally witness "us" in Doomsday Clock? What if Dr Manhattan is going to show him "our" world and how little the ideals he stands for are meaningless for the majority of population? What if The Oz Effect actually gives people a realistic sense of things in order to show Superman how people are actually are out "here"? Seeing the reactions on how Superman saved immigrants have you ever wonder what would be with Superman if he was here right now? I think this is what Dr Manhattan is going to show Superman and Doomsday Clock will be a story that will try to show that humanity is hopeful beyond fictional worlds.

Let me guess, they will beat him because they are Batmen?
    ..and...because, let's not forget, preparation time

Amazing Member

Why wouldn't people have a problem with it, it was clear insert of the writers political message against an acceptable target.

White racist guy, wielding a gun, wearing an American Bandana.

I won't hold my breath for the next time Superman stops a black guy attacking whites in America or Africa for their race

Or you have Superman stopping someone killing in the name of Islam.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by W8IN4KAL-EL View Post
    ..and...because, let's not forget, preparation time
    yeah... and because of the grapnel gun batman is holding in his hand...