Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    This is true but he was putting on a front for an audience. It was a part he was playing to throw off the Jedi and virtually anyone he interacted who wasn't his apprentice or when he wasn't hidden behind his robes and a projector. Mostly everything we've seen Mr. Oz do up until he's done alone. No one to play up to. And the few interactions he's had with actual characters he's retained that same near stoic persona. So there's no precedent on why it'd be beneficial for him to act different other than the fact the writing was ready to reveal him so now he could act different.
    Or maybe Mr Oz acting evil now might an actual masquerade? You know, like he witnessed that no obstacle was able to lead Superman to the breaking point, so he decided that he himself should become his final test, so that's why he became a villain now for that purpose alone?
    Last edited by GreatKungLao; 09-12-2017 at 11:30 PM.

Something like that I might be able to buy. We'll see as the story goes on. I'm still very much in despite this criticism, I was just disappointed in this aspect.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Spectacular Member

Thank you DC Comics for having destroyed a character who essentially remained "good" for so many years.

I guess Jor-El will be a little bit reinstated as a good person in the end of the story-arc but I guess the damage is done (he practically is responsible for the death of thousands)

Superman is no longer the last son of Krypton because his father is here.

This story makes no sense to me. Oz should have stayed Veidt and helped Superman against Manhattan.
    I don't know who truly is responsible for the change, but this is gonna be a huge mistake.

Incredible Member

Well, thanks to the numerous leaks (that we all indulged in) this one loses some impact. Will be... interesting to see how they explain this behaviour. Sidenote-- I enjoyed the art more than I expected, particularly this depiction of Metropolis.

BANNED

spoilers:
    Oz says he only gave people the option to do evil, but what exactly did he mean? They had the Oz marks on their body, so he must have interacted with them at some point? Or were the people with the marks Oz's agents and they were the ones giving others the option to do evil?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever; 09-13-2017 at 12:56 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    I bought it off IBooks.
    I picked it up at my LCS. Helps living in New Zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    spoilers:
    Oz says he only gave people the option to do evil, but what exactly did he mean? They had the Oz marks on their body, so he must have interacted with them at some point? Or were the people with the marks Oz's agents and they were the ones giving others the option to do evil?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm sure it is a bit of both. Some are the agents that influence other people who then get the mark themselves if they choose evil. Maybe something like that? Maybe it's an artistic way to show that they were tainted?
    end of spoilers
    Anyway, finally got my hands on the issues and I kind of liked it actually. Mr Oz, watching humanity over all these years, probably figured that no matter how much Superman does good deeds, people always remain tainted by evil and no matter how long he will try to lead an example, humanity keeps failing over and over. Thus he thinks that Superman is wasting his time and to show that he blows up out of proportion humanity's darkest sides, like racism, greed, carelessness, etc. and even Superman won't be able to stop all of these had they to happen at the same time.

All these incidents around the world are physical manifistations of what Superman is fighting against and inspires people not to be. Mr Oz just wants to prove his twisted point of view that was also clearly tainted by whoever spoilers:
    saved him from Krypton
    end of spoilers.

P.S. Mr Oz calling Earth a cesspool reminds me of the times when I try go through YouTube comments section.
    Last edited by GreatKungLao; 09-13-2017 at 01:48 AM.

BANNED

spoilers:
    I was more thrilled to see the Planet team used quite a bit, that nice feeling of the Kent family in amongst their workplace with Jimmy, Perry and the ever brash and boastful Steve was a real treat, ditto for Jon being unimpressed with Steve's attempts to bond with him and offering things for him to wear
    end of spoilers

As for the spoilers:
    Jor-El twist and motivation
    end of spoilers, I've seen it all a tad too many times in fiction to be emotionally phased by it.

Quote Originally Posted by W8IN4KAL-EL View Post
    holding back for 79 years is an incredibly impressive acomplishment
    The sith were holding back for like a millennium XD

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    All these incidents around the world are physical manifistations of what Superman is fighting against and inspires people not to be. Mr Oz just wants to prove his twisted point of view that was also clearly tainted by whoever spoilers:
    saved him from Krypton
    end of spoilers.
    spoilers:
    Dr Manhattan?
    end of spoilers
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    The sith were holding back for like a millennium XD

spoilers:
    Dr Manhattan?
    end of spoilers
    As was mentioned by Sacred Knight, it doesn't seem like his thing to do to force somebody become evil.

It was so good to see the staffs of Daily Planet interacting with Jon, Lois and Clark. To be honest, I wasn't shocked or surprised after the big reveal. Hopefully Dan will explain all the questions surrounding Jor-El in the best possible way. I will reserve my judgement about whether Jor-EL was the right choice or not till the arc is finished. One question, Oz has been to Earth many times. Why hasn't his eye healed yet?

Quote Originally Posted by The Learner View Post
    It was so good to see the staffs of Daily Planet interacting with Jon, Lois and Clark. To be honest, I wasn't shocked or surprised after the big reveal. Hopefully Dan will explain all the questions surrounding Jor-El in the best possible way. I will reserve my judgement about whether Jor-EL was the right choice or not till the arc is finished. One question, Oz has been to Earth many times. Why hasn't his eye healed yet?
    Can yellow sun heal lost parts though?

Great book, really enjoyed it!

As for the reveal and the evil-ness of the "villain" character, this is actually quite in line with a lot of the Post-Crisis mindset of those people when Superman came across them. This just takes it to another level.

But.. buuuut... this is only the first reveal. I have a feeling there's another shoe to drop yet.

On the Oz-tatooed people: yes, they were the ones giving the options to others, not the ones carrying the actions out, iirc. They're the "catalyst", not the main actor in each respective situation.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    But.. buuuut... this is only the first reveal. I have a feeling there's another shoe to drop yet.
    Exactly, there is whole 4 issues dedicated to Oz Effect ahead and I'm sure at least next two issues will be dedicated to his origin alone, there has to be a big story to tell in order to explain everything.

I haven't read yet but I hope an angle they go is

spoilers:
    There was an episode of Star Trek Voyager Year of Hell about a scientist and his crew using a time ship to try to restore their people's empire and their lost family members including his wife. The idea that maybe Oz is helping Manhattan and has been messing with time hence why all the continuity changes in hopes of restoring Krypton, Lara, and have a life where they raise their son could be interesting.
    end of spoilers