Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Bleeding Cool did insist it was pre Crisis (1940's-1986) Jor-El after all. I'm still wondering if indeed it is him. Perhaps this will tie into the constant changing Kryptons and Jor-El incarnations (i.e, resulting in all the various reboots to Superman) somehow.

I'm with Sacred Knight on this one. I'm still all in at the moment,but it's a kind of a "thread the needle" time here. This could either be something really good or a "jump the shark" for the still settling Post-Rebirth era for Superman. I'm Intrigued and confused and uneasy at the same time.
    Same here.

The only thing is from what I'm told this is really the Rebirth (post reborn) Jor-El

In a way, this post reborn reboot presented characters who are in their 15th year of their careers... so they're in their late 30's... I mean, another reboot will be inevitable in 5-6 years (or all the main characters will be in their middle-late 40's)... I guess after all is said and done with Doomsday Clock we will find ourselves towards another continuity shake...
    Last edited by AntoKent17; 09-13-2017 at 04:24 PM.

Great art, nice concept, but as usual imo, a poor execution

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post

Maybe there's still some twists regarding past incarnations, but as he appears here right now I think this is indeed the main Jor-El.
    Yes he is.
    Unfortunately

Bleeding Cool did insist it was pre Crisis (1940's-1986) Jor-El after all. I'm still wondering if indeed it is him. Perhaps this will tie into the constant changing Kryptons and Jor-El incarnations (i.e, resulting in all the various reboots to Superman) somehow.
    Actually, the reverse would be cool... what if all the reboots to Superman (splitting/etc) ie: his timeline being experimented on are somehow causing multiple Jor-Els? Like whoever is doing this is so focused on Superman that they don't even notice that one of the Jor-Els could "feel" an inkling of what was happening and got himself out to try and put a stop to it - but was emotionally and physically scarred in the process, leading to Mr. Oz.

This would fit an interesting pattern, since it would almost mirror how Doomsday was created.. only on a cosmic level.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Actually, the reverse would be cool... what if all the reboots to Superman (splitting/etc) ie: his timeline being experimented on are somehow causing multiple Jor-Els? Like whoever is doing this is so focused on Superman that they don't even notice that one of the Jor-Els could "feel" an inkling of what was happening and got himself out to try and put a stop to it - but was emotionally and physically scarred in the process, leading to Mr. Oz.
    It's fun because all the theories you guys have on this board are a lot better than the actual concept of Oz being Rebirth Jor-El.

DC Comics should listen to their fans instead of burning and wasting old legendary characters over and over again
    Last edited by AntoKent17; 09-13-2017 at 04:31 PM.

Spectacular Member

In my mind Oz being the rebirth Jor-El is surpassed only by the stupidest idea of all: dark nights metal and the several dark batmen.

Oh my god Scott Snyder and his pretty pretty crew...

I kinda hope this is re-birth Jor-El to show that the more you try to "Fix" Superman to get the best outcome the more you screw up the lives of the people surrounding him. Like the butterfly effect.

I'm still pissed that DC leaked that lenticular cover for the next issue and gave this away weeks ago.

I know many are assuming Manhattan is responsible for Jor-El being saved on that cover, but could it be that Veidt is using Manhattan's power to manipulate events?

I also find it very interesting that Jor-El shares the very same outlook on humanity that Veidt did. This quote from an interview with Gibbons is quite relevant in light of today's revelation:

"One of the worst of his sins [is] kind of looking down on the rest of humanity, scorning the rest of humanity."

Maybe Veidt is behind Jor-El's abduction or became aware of it if Manhattan was responsible. He's been manipulating Jor-El since then, giving him the necessary resources to counter Manhattan's manipulation of the DCU. Jor-El would then be Veidt's pawn in his battle against Manhattan...
    Spurious versions, fundamentally wrongheaded premises, can, and often do, prevail from time to time, but eventually the character, Superman himself, Tulpa Superman, will–somehow, somehow–resist and reverse that meddling, reconstituting himself in the world as he means to be. ~Alvin Schwartz (paraphrased by Tom deHaven)

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I skipped to the end to avoid spoilers to ask something, I'm just wondering if I will be able to follow this story without having followed Action Comics, only Superman. This Oz fella hasn't appeared in much of anything I've read. Apologize for the nuisance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    I skipped to the end to avoid spoilers to ask something, I'm just wondering if I will be able to follow this story without having followed Action Comics, only Superman. This Oz fella hasn't appeared in much of anything I've read. Apologize for the nuisance.

Yeah, you should be fine.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    I'd say yes.

Oz's appearances in Action Comics have been brief, and just him being all mysterious and cryptic. You won't be missing anything if you start with this issue.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Interesting start, but it's all about the follow through.

I am finding all the Chicken Little's out there very funny though. It's a comic book guys. Don't worry, Jor-El will be just fine, people.

Take it from someone who ranted and railed against Hal Jordan being turned into a mass murderer, Wonder Woman running around in a star-spangled thong, Clark Kent being retconned into a football jock, and sporting a f***ing mullet...all things will pass in time.

Jor-El will be back to being benevolent space dad soon enough and Alan Moore's toys will be put away as soon as Geoff Johns is through playing with them (toys neither of them owns).

Fantastic Member

I'm with Sacred Knight on this one. I'm still all in at the moment,but it's a kind of a "thread the needle" time here. This could either be something really good or a "jump the shark" for the still settling Post-Rebirth era for Superman. I'm Intrigued and confused and uneasy at the same time.
    I don't know if it means anything for which Jor-El this is, but this week's issue of Red Hood and the Outlaws specifically mentioned "For the Man Who Has Everything" as part of the backstory of Jason Todd. So there's definitely some degree of pre-Crisis stuff back in play.

Quote Originally Posted by Truman Burbank View Post
    I don't know if it means anything for which Jor-El this is, but this week's issue of Red Hood and the Outlaws specifically mentioned "For the Man Who Has Everything" as part of the backstory of Jason Todd. So there's definitely some degree of pre-Crisis stuff back in play.
    The book was confirmed earlier in Trinity issues. More of such pre-COIE is in play. Batman had an issue where Catwoman and Batman were discussing how they met for the first time. Batman said at the street like in Batman Year One. Catwoman said on a ship as Batman #1. Batman #1 as in the actual number 1! One good thing about Rebirth is they are giving freedom to cherry pick from different continuities while being the post COIE itself.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    If you're right, shouldn't Manhattan try something like that with Wonder Woman too? There is a Doomsday Clock cover which shows Superman's, Batman's and Wonder Woman's logos on Rorschach's mask, unless he already did something like that and I missed it?

As for the issue, the reveal itself is whatever, but I don't like that Mr Oz has this sudden dislike for humanity, sure that before he never showed any like towards it, but he didn't seem to dislike them either from what I've seen, he just kept talking about Supes and nothing else, they could've at least hinted it before to make this more believable, but as it is, it's just weird.

It can look weird for him to be immune to Kryptonite (Assuming he's not a Kryptonian from another universe), but then again he was able to trap Mxyzptlk, so I guess him being immune to Kryptonite isn't that far fetched.
    With her, it's a son from the future