Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I love that scene with Venom in the truck

Art looks nice I wished they give him his full black suit though

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Art looks nice I wished they give him his full black suit though
    You know, it’s kinda weird that they didn’t. I mean when Price used his power on Gargan, the bits of the Mania symbiote reacted to trace bits of the Venom symbiote in his body and created the suit he’s wearing and back when Eddie was Anti-Venom it was established that Peter still had traces of Venom in his body so why didn’t he have a similar reaction?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    You know, it’s kinda weird that they didn’t. I mean when Price used his power on Gargan, the bits of the Mania symbiote reacted to trace bits of the Venom symbiote in his body and created the suit he’s wearing and back when Eddie was Anti-Venom it was established that Peter still had traces of Venom in his body so why didn’t he have a similar reaction?
    Probably because his suit covers his entire body, but in that same vein, Price shouldn't have been able to get him if that was the case. I'd argue it's to make him more visually distinct from Venom, since that was kind of a problem with the first Spider-Man/Venom confrontation in the comics; both of them were wearing the same costume design. That said, as a long-time fan of black-suit Spider-Man, I'm disappointed, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Didn’t Eddie (as Anti-Venom) cleanse all the symbiote out of him though? That was why he nearly went too far and cleansed Peter’s powers out too.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    She didnt resist it. She was controlled untill the symbiote was yanked off her
    Fair enough, but she just stood there instead of jumping into the fray against Spidey and Flash like Lee Price ordered, so it did seem like she was resisting on some level. Hell, she deliberately kissed Flash so that she could use his Anti-Venom to free herself completely from Price's control.

BANNED

Well, after reading Venom #159, at this point we need one of Spidey's web-lines to pull us out of this thick, black, gooey morass of a crossover before it pulls us under, and quick.

Stillanerd Reviews: Venom #159 review
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

You know, looking at the cover of #159, I have to say there is alot of potential in this story, visually, that I think is being wasted. I mean, how awesome it would be if we saw the creatures on the cover in the main story, with those huge mouths and unique touches like Looter's black eyes? We got a little of that with Gargan, but overall, most of Lee's minions just look like they have ski-masks with white eye covers, a big disappointment.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    You know, looking at the cover of #159, I have to say there is alot of potential in this story, visually, that I think is being wasted. I mean, how awesome it would be if we saw the creatures on the cover in the main story, with those huge mouths and unique touches like Looter's black eyes? We got a little of that with Gargan, but overall, most of Lee's minions just look like they have ski-masks with white eye covers, a big disappointment.
    Yeah, and it's even more disappointing that said look extends to Spider-Man under Lee's control, instead of giving him back a variant of his black costume . . . or maybe we get that when the symbiote and Spider-Man are both so desperate to stop Lee that Spider-Man puts his revulsion for the symbiote aside and bonds with it again.

Mighty Member

That might work. From there, it would be a question of establishing that the suit is damaged enough after re-bonding with, and splitting from, Parker that it is reduced to 1989 spec.....just in time for the movie.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

BANNED

Thoughts on yesterday's issue

It was nice to see Joe immediately realize Peter was under the control of Price, and yep, he describes Peter as "out of character", more meta-humor from Slott. It fits the story of course.

And Mania, slightly banged up but relying on her own powers, saved Flash's toosh, she even shed a few tears when she thought the lug was dead.

Extraordinary Member

I hate to say it, but yesterday's issue was sort of "paint by the numbers" for me. I mean, it was a pretty predictable plot, IMO. Plus, the dialogue just felt amateurish and blunt. No subtlety to it whatsoever.

Also, if Flash Thompson walks away from this crossover with no idea that Peter is Spider-Man, then he is officially the dumbest person in the Marvel Universe or just in comics in general. Not only is Peter's excuse of "working" with Spider-Man pretty lame and he's made some intimations of knowing Flash personally, but in this very issue, while under mind control, he basically flat out says how he knew what Flash was like in high school. At one point he literally says that he found it funny how Flash always idolized him because he knew him as a dumb jock. I swear, Flash must be slow as molasses if he can't out two and two together.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I hate to say it, but yesterday's issue was sort of "paint by the numbers" for me. I mean, it was a pretty predictable plot, IMO. Plus, the dialogue just felt amateurish and blunt. No subtlety to it whatsoever.

Also, if Flash Thompson walks away from this crossover with no idea that Peter is Spider-Man, then he is officially the dumbest person in the Marvel Universe or just in comics in general. Not only is Peter's excuse of "working" with Spider-Man pretty lame and he's made some intimations of knowing Flash personally, but in this very issue, while under mind control, he basically flat out says how he knew what Flash was like in high school. At one point he literally says that he found it funny how Flash always idolized him because he knew him as a dumb jock. I swear, Flash must be slow as molasses if he can't out two and two together.
    An even bigger plot hole would be if Price walked away not knowing that Peter is Spider-Man considering that this issue showed that he is able to steal information from those he brings under his control like he did with Felicia.