Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

The only thing I'm really looking forward to in this is Ryan Stegman drawing Spider-Man again.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

In the same light that Marvel tends to pan away from X-Men and FF, could they be giving Venom a push because they are trying to make things happen with Sony? Maybe it's just the anniversary. Either way, I'll read some Slott Venom.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    In the same light that Marvel tends to pan away from X-Men and FF, could they be giving Venom a push because they are trying to make things happen with Sony? Maybe it's just the anniversary. Either way, I'll read some Slott Venom.
    It's weird to think that Marvel might be trying to tie-in with anything Sony is doing given the relationship there, vs. doing tie-ins to just MCU Spidey.

On the fence on this one. On the one hand, Flash is in this and Stegman is on art. On the other hand, I haven't been a fan of this Venom volume, especially with them backpedaling with Eddie Brock in relation to the symbiote. Maybe if there's a chance this can give us both classic and Agent Venom, I can be more decided on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, this would be the best chance for him to do it, but I just really don't see it happening at this point .

I'm also starting to think that Marvel is going overboard on Venom again.
    I see no problem with this.
    Last edited by Geek Mangacomic; 09-14-2017 at 04:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    I see no problem with this.
    Well, it didn't end well in the 90's, but maybe it'll be different this time .

Astonishing Member

Way cool that Ryan Stegman is back illustrating Amazing Spider-Man.
    Just top artists at Amazing Spider-Man now!

Another opportunity for Slott to kill off whatever character he doesn't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Beorg View Post
    Another opportunity for Slott to kill off whatever character he doesn't like.
    Maybe he'll finally get to Felicia like he was planning to in Ends of the Earth ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe he'll finally get to Felicia like he was planning to in Ends of the Earth ?
    And this time we'd all be wishing for it...better taken off the table than be butchered alive on it

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    And this time we'd all be wishing for it...better taken off the table than be butchered alive on it
    I was just about to say that it would feel like a mercy killing at this point .

BANNED

A new Amazing Spider-Man/Venom crossover titled Venom Inc. will bring the wallcrawler and the symbiote back together - along with two of Venom's other long running hosts, Eddie Brock and Flash Thompson.

"For a long time, Dan Slott has wanted to do a Venom story in Amazing Spider-Man - and a few times, he's been beaten back from using Venom," editor Nick Lowe explained on the This Week In Marvel Podcast. "And with the newest Venom book, with the symbiote going back to Eddie Brock, the time just seemed right."

"It's bigger than just Amazing Spider-Man," said Lowe. Venom Inc. was conceived by Lowe and Slott along with Venom writer Mike Costa. "We cooked up this insane story," said Lowe.

Artist Ryan Stegman will illustrate Venom Inc. Alpha and the Amazing Spider-Man portion of the crossover, with Gerado Sandoval on Venom. Slott and Costa will co-write Alpha and continue to write their own respective ongoing titles.

Credit: Marvel Comics
    Lowe also revealed that other symbiotes and Venom hosts will appear, with Lee Price stealing the Mania symbiote and become Maniac. And, from the looks of the cover to Amazing Spider-Man #793, Peter Parker will also spend some time under the Symbiote.

The story begins in Venom Inc. #1, continuing to Amazing Spider-Man #792, Venom #159, Amazing Spider-man #793, Venom #160, and then an as-yet-untitled coda.
    https://www.newsarama.com/36419-venom-inc.html

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    But Slott has already done Venom stories in Amazing Spider-Man, with Anti-Venom, Agent Venom, and RYV Venom .

Also looks like the Superior Foes will be showing up...?

So Lee Price is Maniac. Probably should've seen that coming. He's someone who it shouldn't be too difficult for Peter and Brock to team-up against.

And with the plot kicking off with Lee Price somehow stealing the Mania symbiote, I'm officially off the fence and it's been leveled by being ground zero of a nuke strike. Mania's been in limbo for years since Bunn's run on Venom ended and this happens. First the anticlimactic end for Flash as Venom and now this. Why does Costa seem so Hell bent on taking out everything great about the Agent Venom era? Hell they had an interesting concept for a female teen hero and they just throw it away. Apparently this is why we can't have nice things.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 09-15-2017 at 01:11 PM.

BANNED

Covers