Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Slott and Stegman?

“Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The only thing I'm really looking forward to in this is Ryan Stegman drawing Spider-Man again.
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Way cool that Ryan Stegman is back illustrating Amazing Spider-Man.
    Just top artists at Amazing Spider-Man now!
    Stegman is an amazing artist, especially on Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by Beorg View Post
    Another opportunity for Slott to kill off whatever character he doesn't like.
    Good. Trim the fat
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Good. Trim the fat
    Trimming Spider-Man of all the characters people actually give a crap about is what's wrong with the book

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Trimming Spider-Man of all the characters people actually give a crap about is what's wrong with the book
    Pretty much this, and then replacing them with characters that don't have nearly as much invested in them by either the writer or the readership/fandom and expecting said readership-slash-fandom to just accept and love them the same way they did the previous characters. Not that I reflexively hate new characters, because I don't, and a lot of them are either great or at least have the potential to be, but you can't just expect fans/readers to automatically accept and embrace them with the same passion and commitment as they did the classic/older characters. Give them a chance, definitely, but automatic acceptance and embrace is usually not in the cards unless the characters strike the right chords with readers/fans and that's not something that can be calculated or determined by a formula.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Pretty much this, and then replacing them with characters that don't have nearly as much invested in them by either the writer or the readership/fandom and expecting said readership-slash-fandom to just accept and love them the same way they did the previous characters. Not that I reflexively hate new characters, because I don't, and a lot of them are either great or at least have the potential to be, but you can't just expect fans/readers to automatically accept and embrace them with the same passion and commitment as they did the classic/older characters. Give them a chance, definitely, but automatic acceptance and embrace is usually not in the cards unless the characters strike the right chords with readers/fans and that's not something that can be calculated or determined by a formula.
    I agree with everything you wrote.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I agree with everything you wrote.
    Thanks. I'm more pissed they're trying to build up Lee Price as a villain at the expense of an already-underutilized character brimming with potential and untold stories and who's actually liked by a lot of the fans/readers. That's really what I don't get.

Thanks. I'm more pissed they're trying to build up Lee Price as a villain at the expense of an already-underutilized character brimming with potential and untold stories and who's actually liked by a lot of the fans/readers. That's really what I don't get.
    What annoys me even more about that is that Marvel talks about how they're all about the diversity, yet get rid of a perfectly good teen female character who's had so much untapped potential for years now yet they refused to do anything with it. Meanwhile a flat character like Lee gets to shove her under the bus to be viewed as more of a threat.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Again, Mania's de-powering might only be temporary. I think we should wait before passing judgment. Dan likes to play with the readers' emotions.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Again, Mania's de-powering might only be temporary. I think we should wait before passing judgment. Dan likes to play with the readers' emotions.
    Maybe but when it comes to temporary situations, it's usually only with the A-listers or main versions of a character. Hence why we'll most likely never see the return of A-Bomb, the original Rulk or Red She-Hulk. Mania doesn't have A-lister insurance.

Hey, look on the bright side. Maybe Flash will get the Mania Symbiote at the end of the storyline and become Agent Venom, or a variant of that, again.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Point. I just don't like having my emotions toyed with.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Hey, look on the bright side. Maybe Flash will get the Mania Symbiote at the end of the storyline and become Agent Venom, or a variant of that, again.
    That could be interesting, or maybe the Mania symbiote splits off and a piece of it goes back to Andi while Flash has the other, which would be "win-win" for everyone.

Spectacular Member

Skipping the Dan Slott issues.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw22 View Post
    Skipping the Dan Slott issues.
    Then the other parts won't make as much sense. It's a joint project with the imprimatur of both writers.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

BANNED

Stegman wasn't happy with how badly cropped the color pages for Venom Inc Alpha were in the Previews catalouge, so he decided to share uncropped black and white versions

Source

Poor Looter .

And hey, Flash .