Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Publishing dates are fickle as heck. Who knows what the editorial is thinking.

As it is Hope is nowhere, the Cuckoos are irrelevant, and all Quentin is doing is student shenanigans. Rachel is doing actual X-Men work.
    Falling asleep in Xmen work?

Fantastic Member

Using Rachel in Phoenix related stories, post Excalibur, seems to be an ongoing issue with multiple writers. It doesn't even seem to be editorially mandated. Writers just seem to want to avoid it, or simply don't even remember at all. I'm not sure what the reason is. It's not simply the Jean connection (though that could be the reason in some cases), but there have been various Phoenix stories in recent memory that Jean isn't a part of and they still ignore Rachel.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    No, it was to try to make Cable's backstory make some amount of sense and to add a popular character to the Askani future. I've spoken to Lobdell about this whole topic on multiple occasions. His intention was for Rachel to be moved to a more popular storyline (Cable) and to have more opportunities.

The whole storyline with baby Nathan being taken to the future then cloned can be explained away by Rachel making decisions to save her baby brother. The idea was to do more stories in the Askani future and Rachel to be an important supporting character in Cable (why that never happened is a much longer story).
    I posted in another thread that I just read Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix. I thought that Rachel's story of the 50 or so years prior to Cable would have been very cool. On top of that, I noticed that they promised an Askani'son miniseries, which didn't come out for about two years.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?