Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Do you have any news on the costumes? Are those Negative Zone costumes supposed to be permanent?
    Beyond showing what they looked like before he made the coloring call (imagine old school Daredevil colors of red and yellow) he made it sound like these were a more permanent change. Which matches what one of the colorists also told a few Rachel peeps from a different editor about new costumes coming up.

BANNED

Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Beyond showing what they looked like before he made the coloring call (imagine old school Daredevil colors of red and yellow)
    We really dodged a bullet there.

Agreed. The red and yellow scheme sounds awful. Ha. I wouldn't mind black and gold, though. As it stands, the black and red uniforms look...okay. Kind of generic, but I don't hate them. Glad to see OML in something besides that duster jacket.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    JEAN GREY #10
    (W) Dennis Hopeless (A) Alberto Jimenez Alburquerque (CA) David Yardin
    PSYCH WAR Part 3
    • The Phoenix is almost here. Will Jean Grey be enough to stop it alone?
    • Time to call in for some backup!
    • Guest-starring Quentin Quire, Hope Summers, and the Cuckoos!
    Rated T+
    In Shops: Dec 13, 2017
    SRP: $3.99

Oh for the love of god....why doesn't see call Rachel, the one person with the longest bond to the phoenix force.
    Because outside of those writers who like Rachel it's ignored. One of those instances that is but isn't cannon because she's not a consistent character. She comes and goes depending on the writer and even then the PF isn't even a major plot device for HER. it was in Excalibur and under Claremont and that one LS with the Shi'ar.

It could also be that QQ, Hope, the cuckoos are all Jeen's age and she's reaching out to previous hosts that are at her own age level instead of being spoken to like a child.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Agreed. The red and yellow scheme sounds awful. Ha. I wouldn't mind black and gold, though. As it stands, the black and red uniforms look...okay. Kind of generic, but I don't hate them. Glad to see OML in something besides that duster jacket.
    The duster jacket is literally Lashley's most hated thing about OML. If you go through Gold for his books, the jacket gets shredded within the first few seconds of battle for a reason

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    It is time!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Because outside of those writers who like Rachel it's ignored. One of those instances that is but isn't cannon because she's not a consistent character. She comes and goes depending on the writer and even then the PF isn't even a major plot device for HER. it was in Excalibur and under Claremont and that one LS with the Shi'ar.

It could also be that QQ, Hope, the cuckoos are all Jeen's age and she's reaching out to previous hosts that are at her own age level instead of being spoken to like a child.
    It's really time Jean and Rachel have a mother and daughter talk. At first it was funny but now its shameful how the writers have totally overlooked a potential good storyline.

I do have some small hope, seeing both Jean and Rachel on the cover of X-men Gold and Blue during the Mojo storyline.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by tetragene View Post
    Dazzler #43 is supposed to be released in December (Dec 6?), but 4chan didn't have any info on it
    They probably just forgot to search for it. Captain America and Inhumans Once and Future Kings were also not listed among the full solicits.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Still waiting for Kitty to rip them a new one. Sina should consult with Claremont on how to script a proper Kitty Pryde bigotry rant.
    Although, credit to Bendis, he managed to give a good Kitty speech without any racial slurs in it

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    VERY excited about Phoenix Resurrection. Is Rosenberg any good? I haven't been reading his Secret Warriors series.
    I think he's a rising star. Not only has Secret Warriors been a ton of fun, but I loved his Kingpin series as well.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

BANNED

JEAN GREY #10
    PSYCH WAR Part 3
    Rated T+

Oh for the love of god....why doesn't she call Rachel, the one person with the longest bond to the phoenix force.
    Because Jeen's an idiot. Next question.

Oh for the love of god....why doesn't she call Rachel, the one person with the longest bond to the phoenix force.
    Plot induced stupidity. Like why didn't Rachel tell Hope in AvX that she's Cable's sister. Or why everyone in IvX acted like morons. Characters move the plot forward from one action scene to the next like a Michael Bay movie in these events.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    At least we'll have a meeting of some original GX members. It will be brief but it is better than nothing.

Blue and time travel.

Team Up between the two Bobbys.

Teen Jean will finally find Phoenix.

The possible return of the adult Jean (I still find it difficult).

If Rachel appears in the story the whole plot collapses since they want us to think that Phoenix only exists to destroy while Rachel is proof that this is not true and she does not fear Phoenix. It was the same thing that happened on AvX .

Plus QQ for some reason I will never understand is loved by many writers and recently had a part of Phoenix put into him during a Team Up with Thor.
    Adult Jean Grey/Phoenix told Jean the Phoenix is both good and bad. We also saw in Generations Phoenix stop Galactus. So no, they aren't say the Phoenix is only bad.

BANNED

JEAN GREY #10
    PSYCH WAR Part 3
    Rated T+

She's got the ghost of her older self talking to her, what does she need Rachel for?

Also I think they want Jean and Rachel to develop separate identities from each other. Jean is the one who had the memorable Phoenix storylines, so she's the true Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    She's got the ghost of her older self talking to her, what does she need Rachel for?
    Rachel was far more successful with the Phoenix than Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Also I think they want Jean and Rachel to develop separate identities from each other. Jean is the one who had the memorable Phoenix storylines, so she's the true Phoenix.
    Rachel had the Phoenix force far longer than Jean. Younger readers may also not understand how popular Excalibur was during the Claremont/Davis era - it was a top 5 comic. Alan Davis' Rachel is iconic. But it happened during the time frame when some readers were aging out of X-Men (specifically those born in the 60s - so the Bendis, Brubakers and Brevoort types say Uncanny X-Men peaked with Dark Phoenix and likely didn't read Excalibur or thought it was for kids), those born in the 70s and early 80s tend to be more of the Excalibur fans. The problem is so many of the people driving the plots of events are in age range of being fans of the Claremont/Byrne era and thinking everything after it was garbage.
    Last edited by ClanAskani; 09-13-2017 at 11:10 PM.

The cover for Weapon X #12 has been released:

weapon-x-12.jpg

I'm liking the art

http://www.cbr.com/weapon-x-marvel-nuke/
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!