Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Obviously this was the best issue yet. I really enjoyed the earlier issues with a more sinister Ben, but PAD did a great job of putting Ben back on the road to being a hero.

And this was honestly the first issue of this series where I was genuinely liked Ben instead of Kaine.

I know i am going to flak for this but, i am out. It just doesn't make any sense why Death, THE Death would do this. Why would she go out of her way to give him a mulligan? I mean after watching it encourage Thanos to go on killing sprees in the past and currently manipulating Thane into killing Thanos and more why this? It's like when the Beyonder tried to help Johnny way back, why would beings of this level care?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I know i am going to flak for this but, i am out. It just doesn't make any sense why Death, THE Death would do this. Why would she go out of her way to give him a mulligan? I mean after watching it encourage Thanos to go on killing sprees in the past and currently manipulating Thane into killing Thanos and more why this? It's like when the Beyonder tried to help Johnny way back, why would beings of this level care?
    Don't presume to understand how Death feels!

-Pav, who wouldn't dream of it...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

BANNED

I don't know. You're talking about things that "don't make sense" in a comic where Death takes the earthly form of a red-head, takes an interest in a clone of a superhero whose been killed and re-cloned multiple times, and who is standing over the dead body of his clone "brother."

One of the things that actually charmed me about this issue was how it was so much one of those "only in comics" comics. Everything about this book is absurd and yet it's played straight without even a wink because that's just the kind of thing that happens in the world of comics. In a comic universe you can have a story where Death appears before a clone of a clone of a clone (and so on) to have a deep conversation about life, death and one's soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    Hopefully Ben will go blonde in the next issue and the circle will be complete and we'll truly have old Ben back.
    weirdly enough i was more a fan of hippy long brown locks ben
    troo fan or death

ok, ok i'll buy this issue.

haven't bought one since #1 (i almost bought whichever issue had the fight with kaine but the comic store wouldn't allow purchases on card below $10...which is just bass ackwards in this day and age)
    troo fan or death

BANNED

The best spiderman book out right now followed by RYV and Venom.

I hope this doesn't get cancelled, I think it needs a new artist though because 2099 suffered from this art.

This issue was great. Ben is unique because he has died more than anyone else in existence, so Death took pity on him. Brilliant. I bought into it. Death almost had a Sandman's sister feel here.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    I read this comment online about the issue and it cracks me up because I find it true.

This is the One More Day we deserve.

Thank you PAD.
    PAD has proven over and over that you can take a near hopeless status quo and make it golden. Would love to see him be the one who finally addresses OMD and finds a way to fix it and unite the fanbase.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    ok, ok i'll buy this issue.
    Boots, you magnificent bastard! I hope you like it!

-Pav, who gets more excited with every issue...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

I really enjoyed this issue too.

It's kind of strange to feel all the love coming out on this thread for an issue of a Spider book though: it's a big switch from the high percentage of prerequisite disappointment/apathy/nerdrage lol

It's refreshing. But I had to check the domain to see if I wasn't on the wrong site honestly. Pinch me!

Spectacular Member

This issue was amazing!

PAD did it again, itīs incredible how he keeps doing it over and over again.
    Heīs been doing it for what? 35 years?

Just give him Amazing Spider-man already, I mean how many time does he have to "prove" he deserves and is more than up to the task?

Unfortunately after waiting almost 20 years to see it I donīt think it will ever happen.

Pity

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Don't presume to understand how Death feels!

-Pav, who wouldn't dream of it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I don't know. You're talking about things that "don't make sense" in a comic where Death takes the earthly form of a red-head, takes an interest in a clone of a superhero whose been killed and re-cloned multiple times, and who is standing over the dead body of his clone "brother."

One of the things that actually charmed me about this issue was how it was so much one of those "only in comics" comics. Everything about this book is absurd and yet it's played straight without even a wink because that's just the kind of thing that happens in the world of comics. In a comic universe you can have a story where Death appears before a clone of a clone of a clone (and so on) to have a deep conversation about life, death and one's soul.
    You know what my problem is with this? I just can't find it within me to suspend my disbelief anymore, not after all the mistakes Marvel has made with their characters and which they expect me to just accept like they aren't there. It's why i can't accept that this is how Reilly begins his redemption, because i can't do it anymore...how messed up is that?

Amazing Member

You know what my problem is with this? I just can't find it within me to suspend my disbelief anymore, not after all the mistakes Marvel has made with their characters and which they expect me to just accept like they aren't there. It's why i can't accept that this is how Reilly begins his redemption, because i can't do it anymore...how messed up is that?
    Maybe take a break. Heck, I've done that in the past and come back a bit less jaded.

I read the first two issues of PAD's run with Scarlet Spider - fan of PAD but wasn't keen at all on the 'new' Reilly and Kaine felt a little off (when compared to his characterisation in the Yost run) so decided to give it a miss.

Based on the press, I decided to pick issue 7 and really enjoyed it. I smirked at the nod to heroes having trouble staying dead (the revolving door effect) and the Deadpool references. I also liked the 'broken soul' aspect, which indirectly answers a question from Yost's run about whether clones have souls.

I do wonder how Clone Conspiracy would have come across if this had actually been included in that event though - more sympathetic towards Reilly perhaps?

Most of the feedback in this thread have been optimistic/positive so I can gather from that #7 was well received so far. I'd suggest some alternative for you but you're allowed to dislike things and/or find things unbelievable but I won't because it's not my job to sell the comic to the people, it's the writer's job.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

this was the first issue i genuinely enjoyed. why can't they all be this good.