Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default XMEN BLUE #11 Spoilers and Discussion

-After taking out Magneto, Polaris, Iceboy and Danger, The Goblin Queen and her gang set their eyes on Cyclops and Jean.

-Tyke finally gets some good power moments while he and Jean have each other’s backs. We sees flashbacks on how Colossus, Bloodstorm, Nightcrawler and Pixie became corrupted in their world’s as they fight Cyclops and Jean.

-Cyclops manages to break The Goblin Queen’s concentration enough to allow Jean to contact Pickles to save them as they are outnumbered.

-Meanwhile, Sherrif Kira leads Jimmy and Angel to an abandoned bunker where Kira thinks Jimmy will find clues to his past. They arrive to a room where a bunch of holograms of Miss Sinsiter pop up. They were set up specifically for Jimmy, and she explains how the mutants from his world drive her crazy because they are all man-made. Before she can finish her message, Angle pulls the plug on her holograms explaining they shouldn’t listen to her. Just then, they find another room and find an unconscious Blob with wires coming out of him. Jimmy is pissed Angel cut the rest of the message and pops his claws. We then see Blob’s dark shadow right behind Angel.

-Back in Madripoor, Cyclops wonders why he didn’t know Jean and Pickles were in contact if they now know everything about one another. She explains they need to partition some of their thoughts in order to avoid becoming two people with one brain. They then seek out help from The Raksha gang in vanishing the demons from their house.

-Back at the mansion, Madelyne explains to her captors that her plot is to unite all the Madelyne Pryor’s from alternate universes and team up with them to get revenge on those who hurt them. Iceboy then tries to snap Hank out of his form but Madelyne explains he is hers now. Just then, we see Bloodstorm remember her own past under someone’s spell and decides she must turn on The Goblin Queen and save Beast.

I'm deciding to read the spoiler thread before reading the issue.

This sounds... ok. We'll see.

BANNED

Maybe Bloodstorm can wake up Gold Storm

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Maybe Bloodstorm can wake up Gold Storm
    naw. remember she isn't waking up until gold is over

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Another solid issue from Bunn. Really liked the interactions between Scott and Jean, and the power team up was cool. Loved that Jean created TK bumpers for Cyclops to bounce his blast off of. The Jimmy and Warren bits are interesting, and I'm curious what the hell Blob is up to now, and if his powers have been altered in some way like the Mutants we saw in New Tian. Not shocked that the originals characters we saw earlier in the run are showing up to help, especially with Glazing Nightshade's connection with Beast. Magneto and Polaris do have some dialogue, but its just so the Goblin Queen can explain what she is up to. Bloodstorm's reason for her betraying the group is also revealed.

well good few seconds for Tyke. Now he knows Jean hides things.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

So from which reality did Colossus and Pixie came from?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

I really enjoyed this. Bunn has made me actually care about the 05, though it's Danger and Polaris I really love. I'm also glad that this Madelyne Pryor is confirmed as alternate reality and didn't replace 616 Maddie after Secret Wars. I enjoyed her in Hopeless's Inferno mini but was not impressed how he handled her when he brought her over. I hope she'll be gone by the end of this story and then the real Maddie can get some panel time.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Really didn't like this. The issue spends more time focusing on the antagonists, who are likely to disappear after this arc, than it does the actual cast members. Maddie's plan is stupid and nonsensical. Scott comes off really bad during his and Jean's post-fight talk about the rapport, very stalkery. Bunn's throwaway OCs are back and going to save the day, boo. Warren finally gets a tiny bit of focus and it's just to **** up. Still DGAS about blond Wolverine. I hate that Bloodstorm is joining soon (hopefully it will be brief), and I don't think it's even Mutant X Bloodstorm, her flashback origin is different, what is the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Really didn't like this. The issue spends more time focusing on the antagonists, who are likely to disappear after this arc, than it does the actual cast members. Maddie's plan is stupid and nonsensical. Scott comes off really bad during his and Jean's post-fight talk about the rapport, very stalkery. Bunn's throwaway OCs are back and going to save the day, boo. Warren finally gets a tiny bit of focus and it's just to **** up. Still DGAS about blond Wolverine. I hate that Bloodstorm is joining soon (hopefully it will be brief), and I don't think it's even Mutant X Bloodstorm, her flashback origin is different, what is the point?
    She's mentioned in the solicit for Blue #18 in December so I don't think she's leaving anytime soon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Yea I noticed that too. If they were going to have a bloodstorm I'd rather it would've been MutantX....this one I was confused "i will fight against everything I hold dear" which is what? doing the evil thing in a given situation?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

It not being the Mutant X Bloodstorm makes more sense to me than otherwise.

Wasn't the Mutant X reality erased even BEFORE Secret Wars?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

they should rename the title to the alternative X men.

BANNED

Are pitchforks really necessary this early in a spoilers thread?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Are pitchforks really necessary this early in a spoilers thread?
    Not much really happened in this issue tbh, so yes.

I was wondering if maybe Warren was corrupted and knew about Ms Sinister...how else would he know where the off switch was....but then Bunn said he really didn't have plans for him or Iceman for a while...so that theory is gone.