Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    No. Their backstories are completely different.
    I can only hope Teen Angel gets something to do other than get beaten up by Blob then have to sit out the reality-hopping shenanigans.
    Just had a vision of mutated Blob shooting out semi-sentient fat globules.
    Those tings look like miniature Stay Puffed Marshmallow mans form Ghostbusters to me.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I think the weirdest part was how angry Tyke got about Jeen keeping Pickles "secret" from him. It's like he is jealous of Pickles wtf? Is he THAT insecure?

Agreed Bloodstorm not being Mutant X makes 0 sense at all to me whatsoever

The intro of Hex-Nightcrawler was just disturbing

Agreed it's a bit boring/sad seeing Mags Pola and Dang so easily subdued

I mean this issue was basically Bunn trying to put to bed the fears of a Scott-Jean-Jimmy romantic triangle, to establish Scott + Jean as co leaders of the neo O5 in their own right, demonstrate how they can work as a duo,, something they've not really done much of whatsoever ever since becoming the neo O5.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I have a feeling it's the real Blob, with his mutation reactivated, and taken one step further. And that Miss Sinister has been the one giving all these characters secondary mutations.
    It would explain how New Tian's enforcers were able to get them since Emma's working with Sinister and Bastion.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I think the weirdest part was how angry Tyke got about Jeen keeping Pickles "secret" from him. It's like he is jealous of Pickles wtf? Is he THAT insecure?

Agreed Bloodstorm not being Mutant X makes 0 sense at all to me whatsoever

The intro of Hex-Nightcrawler was just disturbing

Agreed it's a bit boring/sad seeing Mags Pola and Dang so easily subdued

I mean this issue was basically Bunn trying to put to bed the fears of a Scott-Jean-Jimmy romantic triangle, to establish Scott + Jean as co leaders of the neo O5 in their own right, demonstrate how they can work as a duo,, something they've not really done much of whatsoever ever since becoming the neo O5.
    I thought Tykes anger over Pickles was really interesting. He's already insecure of the way Jean finds their other team mates cute. Perhaps he finds Pickles to be another rival for Jean And it was just the in the last issue that Tyke told Jean that there were things he would never tell her. So Tyke has major insecurity issues and doesn't seem to feel his mental bond with Jean is a two way street in terms of sharing. You can just smell the teen drama And Jimmy wasn't even involved in this.

BANNED

So who is Bloodstorm here?

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    So who is Bloodstorm here?
    I have absolutely no clue. I only know Bloodstorm from the Mutant X timeline.

OBEY

Better than expected. But still not that great.

-Tyke finally was competent here. So that was nice to see.
    -Though, why is so angry at Jeen for not telling him about Pickles? And why would he chase him away? I have no idea what Bunn is trying to do here. Tyke doesn't look good, that's for sure.
    -I have to agree with nx01a, it really feels like Bunn hates Angel.
    -Sorry Bobby, you trying to call Romeo(ugh) 104 times in a row is way more pathetic than anything Maddie is trying to do.
    -Jimmy is Logan lite. There is no different in his personality.
    -Maddie and Angel's dialogues were garbage. And other's were just competently written, nothing to write home about.

I wonder if Scott's reaction to jean having "secrets" or whatever is foreshadowing that what's going on in her solo may bleed over into blue. Maybe her not shading her current problems dealing with the Phoenix in her head will cause conflict.

Pickles being in her solo and appearing this issue would further suppprt that idea... just as a way of saying what jean is doing in her solo is being kept secret from the rest
    Of the team (Not that I think she's wrong in doing so, I may add).

Pickles is so cute-
    Side note
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I wonder if Scott's reaction to jean having "secrets" or whatever is foreshadowing that what's going on in her solo may bleed over into blue. Maybe her not shading her current problems dealing with the Phoenix in her head will cause conflict.

Pickles being in her solo and appearing this issue would further suppprt that idea... just as a way of saying what jean is doing in her solo is being kept secret from the rest

Pickles is so cute-
    Side note
    On your side note, is it just me or does Pickles have like a shaved head in this issue which is different from his more fuzzy/furry head in her solo?

On your main point that would make sense, Scott being disturbed by how easy it is for Jean to keep secrets is a metaphor for her much larger secret she is keeping

OBEY

BANNED

I have absolutely no clue. I only know Bloodstorm from the Mutant X timeline.
    But was she called Bloodstorm in the issue?

They do use the Bloodstorm name, but it is not the one from Mutant X. This one is a lot more like X-Men: Apocalypse 'Storm'; A black haired thief who gets over-powered by her prey(Dracula in this case, presumably), and transformed. She intimates having been a 'captive in body', and thus feels for Hank, when it is obvious the Goblin Queen is controlling him, to harness his greater power.

I wasn't a fan of the issue. Very bland, Bunn can do far better. The first few lines of Maddie felt very meta, "its a cool gig if you can get it". Come on, bro, just try a little bit.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

On your side note, is it just me or does Pickles have like a shaved head in this issue which is different from his more fuzzy/furry head in her solo?

On your main point that would make sense, Scott being disturbed by how easy it is for Jean to keep secrets is a metaphor for her much larger secret she is keeping
    His head is definitely shaved by this artist. Then again many artists have been drawing him quite differently.

Either way I am in love with the little guy. He seems to like jean, maybe he will stick around for a while like Lockheed did with kitty.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

His head is definitely shaved by this artist. Then again many artists have been drawing him quite differently.

Either way I am in love with the little guy. He seems to like jean, maybe he will stick around for a while like Lockheed did with kitty.
    Has Nightcrawler ever actually talked to or about Pickles or the other BAMFs much? I would imagine they would super disturb him

OBEY

Pickles is so cute-
    Side note
    That makes sense. The way the scene is written, it's kind of vague. You don't know if she's referring to the ongoing events in her solo series or something else. But that's the most likely scenario. Throughout her solo series, she's avoided interacting with other X-men and not just the cast of X-men Blue. She's basically running around in secret, trying to prepare herself for the Phoenix Force's arrival on her own accord. Maybe the recently announced Resurrection series will be the time when she finally reveals to the rest of the team what she's been doing. I think at some point, her efforts to prepare for the Phoenix will involve the others. This may just be the first part of that.

And yes, Pickles is adorable.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

I should ask Mr. Bunn which universe this Booodstorm is.