Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Exclamation The Return of the REAL Marvel Universe is underway at last...

With the return of Jean Grey, Tony Stark, Non Nazi Cap and the Fantastic Four on the way, have marvel finally learned their lesson?

The bread and butter of the MU is Spiderman, X-men, Fantastic four and REAL Avengers.

Keep the miles, Cho's and riri's about in Champions but lose the name stealing solo titles.

Restore Logan and ditch Jimmy and OML

Get rid of the hugely unlikeable 05 and replace with the REAL O5.

Only 1 guardians book is needed, no solos FFS

Captain Marvel needs a rest, she hasn't worked and her masculine design to entice male readers hasn't worked. Give her a year or 2 off or put her on avengers and cancel the solo.

Give Avengers the line up that made it Earths mightiest, Cap, Scarlet Witch, Thor, Ironman, Vision, Wasp, Black Panther and Captain Marvel

No more thanos events

No more Bendis on classic characters or events.

Once this is done, Marvel will finally be back.

Astonishing Member

Is the real present Jean finally returning? That's cool and almost weird to me. I don't think she's been around my entire comic reading lifetime (2005 ish and on).

Still, the "name stealing title" means very little. Marvel'll do that again sooner or later. It's pretty normal overall. Folks'll just go back to complaining about those damn "ethnic" characters using the same codename as another character sooner or later (well, they've never REALLY stopped but hey).

I don't give a damn about those characters, only giving a chance for Marvel again if they release books about characters that aren't just about movie/tv series garbage or their legacies.
    Songbird Appreciation Thread

Support Flintstones & Future Quest.

Quote Originally Posted by CIA View Post
    I don't give a damn about those characters, only giving a chance for Marvel again if they release books about characters that aren't just about movie/tv series garbage or their legacies.
    Same. I've enjoyed Marvel's fringe characters for the most part. Those household names are guaranteed to come back, but those fringe characters are often left to the wayside, sometimes not being seen for months, sometimes years. I often wonder what it's like to see your favourites in a book week after week. Can't relate.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Huge eye-roll to the thread title. The real Marvel U is a lot of things, not just the stories that lay static in one's recesses of their nostalgic happy place.

I am a 25+ year fan and love the new additions.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Most of those books I don't buy anyway, so it's not a big deal. I just want them to relaunch the Ultimates ("Ultimate problems, ultimate solutions") and stock that team with all of the powerful cosmic types who rarely get to see the light of day (Monica Rambeau, Blue Marvel, Phoenix, Ultimate Hulk, Phyla-Vell, Frankie Ray/Nova II, Stephen Strange as an omniverse-widel Sorceror Supreme appointed by the Living Tribunal himself, a new Starbrand (fine, if they don't want Riri as Iron Man, we'll take her as Starbrand), etc., etc.). And treat it as a protected project for the next 2-3 years until it can build up a strong following. None of this cancelling the book after 10-12 issues crap. Give it a chance, invest in it and let your fanbase know that you're committed for the long haul. And, respectfully, don't put Ewing on it. He takes too damn long to tell a great story. Give us a brilliant, yet concise creative team that knows how to balance action and prose for max effect. Oh, and unless it's an event of cosmic importance, please keep the Ultimates out of it. Most of their time is going to be spent away from Earth, in other universes, dimensions and outside of the whole shebang dealing with cosmic threats that need to be dealt with... and with Ultimate authority.

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    With the return of Jean Grey, Tony Stark, Non Nazi Cap and the Fantastic Four on the way, have marvel finally learned their lesson?

The bread and butter of the MU is Spiderman, X-men, Fantastic four and REAL Avengers.

Keep the miles, Cho's and riri's about in Champions but lose the name stealing solo titles.

Restore Logan and ditch Jimmy and OML

Get rid of the hugely unlikeable 05 and replace with the REAL O5.

Only 1 guardians book is needed, no solos FFS

Captain Marvel needs a rest, she hasn't worked and her masculine design to entice male readers hasn't worked. Give her a year or 2 off or put her on avengers and cancel the solo.

Give Avengers the line up that made it Earths mightiest, Cap, Scarlet Witch, Thor, Ironman, Vision, Wasp, Black Panther and Captain Marvel

No more thanos events

No more Bendis on classic characters or events.

Once this is done, Marvel will finally be back.
    Are you married? You are speaking my heart's desire!

BANNED

Just transfer the RYV Parker family to 616, kill off mainstream Peter and MJ (and Felicia) and I'll be butter with where they're going.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 09-13-2017 at 12:29 PM.

Sorry but Miles, Riri, and Amadeus are here to stay. And the fact that you think Carol is "masculine to entice to male readers" is so weird. If you didn't know, women also have muscles as well. It's like you all love intentionally ruining othrr people's comic experiences.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Sorry but Miles, Riri, and Amadeus are here to stay.
    Miles? Sure.

The other two flops? We'll see.

Well, I'm not sure how likely I'll be to get back the Marvel stuff I want.
    = sigh! =

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Sorry but Miles, Riri, and Amadeus are here to stay.
    Agreed. They're not going anywhere.

I'm pumped to see the classic heroes come back but I was never worried they'd be gone for good in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Agreed. They're not going anywhere.

I'm pumped to see the classic heroes come back but I was never worried they'd be gone for good in the first place.
    co-signed. the idea that both sides can't co-exist is what is killing comics.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    co-signed. the idea that both sides can't co-exist is what is killing comics.

Copy that

Plenty of books to let all of them stand out

Quote Originally Posted by ou·tré View Post
    Huge eye-roll to the thread title. The real Marvel U is a lot of things, not just the stories that lay static in one's recesses of their nostalgic happy place.

I am a 25+ year fan and love the new additions.
    My thoughts exactly.