Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Quote Originally Posted by Yagamifire View Post
    America #6 shipped less than 10K copies to stores.

It is an abject, absolute failure that has been under 50K copies since issue ONE and under 25K issues since issue #2.

If it isn't already cancelled, that is proof that Marvel is not interested in sound business practices...NOT that America has any kind of quality that will let it succeed in the market.
    Well at least they cancelled , man I dont want to use that codenome for these type of comments anymore, Nadia Pym's book

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post

Sorry, but that's the denial that bigots typically practice. "Racism is so exaggerated!" "Racism doesn't exist!"
    Me: Want to help Yagamfire understand your view point and on what's what? The poster is really not getting it.

For real! I hate when witches deny their own practice of witchcraft. That's exactly what a witch would say! They're tricky that way! Burn them alive just to be sure.
    Last edited by Frostbite883; 10-08-2017 at 02:14 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yagamifire View Post
    America #6 shipped less than 10K copies to stores.

It is an abject, absolute failure that has been under 50K copies since issue ONE and under 25K issues since issue #2.

If it isn't already cancelled, that is proof that Marvel is not interested in sound business practices...NOT that America has any kind of quality that will let it succeed in the market.
    Well to be FAIR-they might be waiting till trade sales. At most at least on amazon-her trade has more interest that the POC at DC not named Jessica, Simon and even Duke (and his doesn't come out until 2018)

Also it probably would have gotten the ax if more comment were about the STORY with points in the book shown as bad and not attacks on the writer.

In other words explaining why it's a bad book is a better weapon than attacking Gabby.

When challenged about diversity they would just point to this 'diversity done right' argument. But luckily those still not seeing representative books persevered, kept challenging, kept pointing at books that did work and books that so obviously didn't and finally hit home.
    We never get that explained.

If Cyborg is done right-explain why his book is heading to looking up at America & even Moon Girl numbers when Kevin Grevioux takes over. Where his love interest is the damsel in distress or disabled every other issue. Where his side kick is yet another stereotypical black male with no father and a "criminal".

How is that better than most of the POC lead books at Marvel? Or any other company?

How is Duke Thomas done better in Batman books where you play where is Waldo with him and he's MIA in this Batman event the head of the company wanted him in badly. Falcon's new little brother-Rashun Lucas (Patriot 2) has done more in these past 3 months than Duke has since Rebirth started.

Do we even need to talk about black Wally? The character in a DC Rebirth preview that was described as Damian Wayne's bytch. That's better than Midnight Angels? Flint? Jubliee? Sunspot? Sam Alexander? Black Goliath?

I would say New Superman is better than America Chavez and I've barely read the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Well at least they cancelled , man I dont want to use that codenome for these type of comments anymore, Nadia Pym's book
    Yes, the Unreadable Wasp was destined for cancellation from the word "Go". Awful book. Damned insulting to it's supposed target audience.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well to be FAIR-they might be waiting till trade sales. At most at least on amazon-her trade has more interest that the POC at DC not named Jessica, Simon and even Duke (and his doesn't come out until 2018)

Also it probably would have gotten the ax if more comment were about the STORY with points in the book shown as bad and not attacks on the writer.

In other words explaining why it's a bad book is a better weapon than attacking Gabby.
    It's a bad book because it is poorly written, often poorly drawn, outright nonsensical at a lot of points, creates fake drama because of the writer forgetting basic concepts regarding her character, and is littered with insulting uses of Spanglish that border on racist caricature.

I don't care if Grant Morrison was writing it...as it appears on page, it is one of the worst things I've ever read from either of the two big publishers on a shear quality level, not even counting its perverse, creepy obsession with race.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well to be FAIR-they might be waiting till trade sales. At most at least on amazon-her trade has more interest that the POC at DC not named Jessica, Simon and even Duke (and his doesn't come out until 2018) *November, actually*
    Why is it a competition? Is comics really about, "which company can have the most diverse lineup of characters." Come on, life doesn't revolve around race. That's how people like Richard Spencer think.

God, you are obsessed with diversity, aren't you? Who's making these arguments besides yourself?

If Cyborg is done right-explain why his book is heading to looking up at America & even Moon Girl numbers when Kevin Grevioux takes over. Where his love interest is the damsel in distress or disabled every other issue. Where his side kick is yet another stereotypical black male with no father and a "criminal".
    Pretty sure no one's making these arguments... No one likes the Cyborg series.

How is that better than most of the POC lead books at Marvel? Or any other company?
    ..or these...

How is Duke Thomas done better in Batman books where you play where is Waldo with him and he's MIA in this Batman event the head of the company wanted him in badly. Falcon's new little brother-Rashun Lucas (Patriot 2) has done more in these past 3 months than Duke has since Rebirth started.
    ...haven't heard anyone claim that Duke Thomas is the perfect representation of "diversity done right."

Do we even need to talk about black Wally? The character in a DC Rebirth preview that was described as Damian Wayne's bytch. That's better than Midnight Angels? Flint? Jubliee? Sunspot? Sam Alexander? Black Goliath?
    You're literally comparing things for no reason. You're making up other people's arguments in your head. And plus, nuWally has actually been getting some love during Rebirth. I've heard a few disgruntled Wally fans say that they're okay with having both Wally's.

I would say New Superman is better than America Chavez and I've barely read the trade.Also it probably would have gotten the ax if more comment were about the STORY with points in the book shown as bad and not attacks on the writer.

Why do you keep generalizing so much? Are you incapable of recognizing that there are multiple criticisms floating around the internet, and some of them are right? For one, America has gotten a whole s*** ton of hate, specifically for the story. I dare you to watch this video. He never once says anything about the writer, only criticizes the story and character. And it's not 'Diversity & Comics' btw.
    Last edited by TheFerg714; 09-20-2017 at 10:46 PM.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbite883 View Post
    Ferg714: Yea, because their books suck. Please stop conflating racism and criticism.

Me: Er, no, they weren't bad (otherwise America would've already been cancelled by now).
    Sales =/= quality. ...and even if they did, America gets s*** sales anyway (at least, in floppies).

And no, no one's conflating racism and criticism. If anything, folks on the web would weaponized their criticism to bash and hate on 'SJW comics' besides make off-handed jokes and generalizations toward the millennials (especially those who are POC).
    Oh god! Someone made a joke! Run! Hide!
    You shouldn't ignore sound points just because someone said something mean about someone else.
    Last edited by TheFerg714; 09-20-2017 at 10:49 PM.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

BANNED

Finally....