Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Mighty Thor #702.

I love how they have to specify in the solicits it's the return of (Adult) Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    Thoughts...[*]I'm deliberating over Tales of Suspense; I've heard lots of good things about Rosenberg and I've been wishing for Marvel to publish an anthology book, but I'm not a huge fan of Hawkeye or Winter Soldier. Can anyone advise as to whether Rosenberg is worth the hype?
    Rosenberg's one of my favourite up-and-coming writers. He did the very engaging Kingpin book (both the Civil War II mini-series and the most recent one), the incredibly enjoyable Rocket Raccoon Grounded arc, and is doing a great job on Secret Warriors right now. The story of Tales Of Suspense sounds really interesting, and I've been craving for a new Winter Soldier book, and making it a team-up with Hawkeye, focused on Black Widow just sounds like a perfect combination. I'm excited!

Reprint Power Pack classic vol 1? How bout actually printing the solicited then cancelled Power Pack Classic vol 4? Need to get more of the classic series on Amazon/Comixology.

Thoughts...

• With Spider-Men and Zombies Assemble both finished, and USAvengers cancelled, my pull list hasn't been this small in a while. I count 11 books in total for December, that's including a double-shipping ASM.
    • I'm deliberating over Tales of Suspense; I've heard lots of good things about Rosenberg and I've been wishing for Marvel to publish an anthology book, but I'm not a huge fan of Hawkeye or Winter Soldier. Can anyone advise as to whether Rosenberg is worth the hype?
    • Honestly, their X-line needs to be streamlined. X-Men Blue and Gold, plus Astonishing? Why not whittle it down to just Astonishing and Uncanny? Hopefully they'll have the sense to send the O5 back this time round.
    • Although Amadeus vs Thor is an obvious bit of movie synergy, I'm still looking forward to it.
    • I'd like to try out the new Cap book, but I have very little faith in Waid after an underwhelming Avengers run, those stupid remarks he made about Clark Kent, and the colossal mess that is Champions. Hopefully he's just filling in until #700.
    What did waid say about clark kent?

Fantastic Member

marvel is FINALLY climbing out of its crap!

The Real Jean grey Returns! this is unexpected(I don't read time-fake jeen's title) so I hope they give her, her own solo series and hopefully end up leading the uncanny x-men! & a member of the avengers!!
    marvel 2 in 1 SOLD! I don't care if this book was titled fantastic 2 !! just give me back some semblance of FF!! just give me my ben & johnny.
    punisher looks interesting for the fist time in a while!
    ant-man in GOTG! sweet!
    moon knight I think is back to basics...
    Tales to suspense #100 for a regular 3.99! ?! sold! this is gonna be a great follow up to the much hated SE!
    Captain America? fighting a villain? Gasp! who knew ? Cap is back to basics I love it !

lets hope going into 2018 Marvel get a little bit better this is a "nice start" but marvel bring back more classics like Tony Stark, Thor, Bruce Banner. we NEED them back so that we Marvel Zombies can VOTE with our wallets and send the SJW crap and lower sellers (anything under 25,000 copies) to the graveyard!!

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I love this
    Attachment 54921
    I don't know how to feel about this one. he looks a lot like one of her old flames. that guy turned out to be a villain. that makes me want to backissue read. because I've forgotten a lot about that one-off story.

Last edited by Michael Watkins; 09-19-2017 at 07:22 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    What did waid say about clark kent?
    Can't find the exact quote, but a while back he said that if he had written Clark Kent he would have written him as being brought up in the city, because people out in the countryside have never seen a black person. If this book is going to be Cap going on an All-American roadtrip, I'd rather Marvel didn't use a writer who uses his position to **** on rural Americans.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Sigh, I see we are still doing randomly double shipping books again(see: Doctor Strange). Wish they would consistently double ship or just not(preferably not).
    I agree. I'd quite possibly try another book if I didn't have to worry about paying twice for one of my other books.

Anyway, I feel like Marvel really outdid themselves on some of these covers. They're quite good.

My list:

Definite:
    Black Bolt 8
    Jessica Jones 15
    Daredevil 596
    Black Panther 168
    Royals 12
    Inhumans: Once and Future Kings 5

Probable:
    Secret Warriors 10 (the doubleship is my biggest concern)
    Secret Warriors 11
    Defenders 8 (I'm getting a bit tired of this, but I'll probably wait until this arc ends).

Strongly considering it:
    Marvel 2-in-One 1
    Tales of Suspense 100
    TB Phoenix - The Wedding
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Solicits are officially out now, with covers.
    http://www.cbr.com/marvel-comics-sol...december-2017/

Missing ones from the leaks:

CAPTAIN AMERICA #696
    MARK WAID (W) • CHRIS SAMNEE (A/C)
    Phoenix Variant Cover by RON LIM
    HOME OF THE BRAVE Part 2
    On his quest across America, Steve Rogers faces off against the brand-new Swordsman! Strap yourselves in for a sword vs. shield duel unlike anything you’ve ever seen!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Helmut Zemo?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Man has really worked on his glutes...
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Can't find the exact quote, but a while back he said that if he had written Clark Kent he would have written him as being brought up in the city, because people out in the countryside have never seen a black person. If this book is going to be Cap going on an All-American roadtrip, I'd rather Marvel didn't use a writer who uses his position to **** on rural Americans.
    without context, your reaction would seem to be oversensitive. I'm a Midwesterner. it's not uncommon to run into white people with little to no experience with blacks; my college roommate, for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Man has really worked on his glutes...
    they are essential to sword fighting. a lot of the power is generated from the legs. plus, he had to compensate for the adhesive X face.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    Mighty Thor #702.
    Interesting that she's mid-transformation on that cover. Could be that she does so for the final time in that issue. Either she dies, or she at least loses her mortal form.

I'm kind of hoping that she loses the hammer, keeps the asgardian form, and continues with her old job (was she a surgeon or some other kind of medical practicioner?).